Remove Advertisements

Hurricane Sandy

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Postby Shoju » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Dear Sab,

Take your storm back. We don't like what it's doing to our lake.

Image

Signed,
Ohio.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6349
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:58 pm

man we didn't want that shit in the first place
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Postby katraya » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:28 am

We were supposed to fly into JFK on Monday but obviously that didn't happen. We have a flight tomorrow and then we're renting a car to drive back to Baltimore.

Being stranded in Europe on your honeymoon isn't as awesome as it sounds. We were both ready to be home. It could have been a lot worse though. We had money left and we got a good deal on a hotel. It's not like we were stuck in an airport or anything.

Everything back home is fine luckily. I wouldn't want to get back to a house without power after 20+ hours of traveling.
Image
User avatar
katraya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Postby Baelor » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:30 pm

That shit was bananas. I had to couch surf with friends for a week (I live in a low-lying part of Manhattan).
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
User avatar
Baelor
Moderator
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am
Location: New York

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Postby Arnock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:27 pm

I still can't get over how bad the flooding was up there. Category one storms down here are a minor inconvenience at worst, power's usually back on within a day or two (if it even drops out).

Isaac was something like a 100year rain event when it came through, and it didn't flood much more than a foot in areas with poor drainage.
Image
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
User avatar
Arnock
 
Posts: 3658
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Postby Aubade » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Baelor wrote:That shit was bananas. I had to couch surf with friends for a week (I live in a low-lying part of Manhattan).


How bad was the damage to your place? That sucks!
Image
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
User avatar
Aubade
Moderator
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Postby Baelor » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:05 am

Aubade wrote:
Baelor wrote:That shit was bananas. I had to couch surf with friends for a week (I live in a low-lying part of Manhattan).


How bad was the damage to your place? That sucks!

My apartment building had flooding in the basement and damage to its fire detection system. Thankfully, it didn't get hit too bad and it was functional again about a day after power was restored to the area.

My office wasn't so lucky. My company's home office is also in the flood zone and had major flooding. It'll likely be closed for months. Yes, months plural. Working from home in the meanwhile! Hooray for Evernote and laptops.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
User avatar
Baelor
Moderator
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am
Location: New York

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Baelor wrote:
Aubade wrote:
Baelor wrote:That shit was bananas. I had to couch surf with friends for a week (I live in a low-lying part of Manhattan).


How bad was the damage to your place? That sucks!

My apartment building had flooding in the basement and damage to its fire detection system. Thankfully, it didn't get hit too bad and it was functional again about a day after power was restored to the area.

My office wasn't so lucky. My company's home office is also in the flood zone and had major flooding. It'll likely be closed for months. Yes, months plural. Working from home in the meanwhile! Hooray for Evernote and laptops.


shit man, I am sorry to hear that :(
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest