Remove Advertisements

LGBT rights discussion

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: LGBT rights discussion

Postby Shoju » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:25 am

http://www.demonews.org/sen-cruz-introd ... y-couples/

Yep. Tea Party isn't anti anything but taxes, and big government.

They just hide their hatred behind a cloak of "states rights".

But why stop there? Why stop at just gay marriages not being recognized by other states? I mean, if recognition of marriage is a state right, why not make it so that ALL marriages, need approval in the state of residence, and not the state performed? Oh right. Because they don't care if your heterosexual marriage is recognized in their state. Just the marriages they deem "icky"
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:00 pm

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/c ... egregation
A Republican congressional candidate in Nevada is arguing that legislation that prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity is segregation.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/religio ... -tennessee
The growing specter of legalized gay marriage, which has been advanced by numerous court decisions starting with the Supreme Court's overturning of the federal Defense of Marriage Act last year, seems to have put a scare in GOP lawmakers.

So they've started legislating, introducing a string of similar bills that claim to defend religious liberty, but would effectively allow for lawful discrimination against same-sex couples by businesses or government employees on religious grounds.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:22 pm

Klaudandus wrote:http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cresent-hardy-discrimination-segregation
A Republican congressional candidate in Nevada is arguing that legislation that prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity is segregation.

So they've started legislating, introducing a string of similar bills that claim to defend religious liberty, but would effectively allow for lawful discrimination against same-sex couples by businesses or government employees on religious grounds.[/i]

So there was a group just called "people", then a group was classified and separated from the "people" group and became another group called "gay people" so they could be treated differently. Now "gay people" want to be treated the same as "people", but that would be segregation.

Segregation (noun, Republican) - the act of treating everyone the same.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Koatanga » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:07 pm

If the first openly gay player in the NFL draft is taken by one of the teams going to the Super Bowl, which is held in Arizona this coming year, can they deny him entrance to the stadium on the basis of him being gay?
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:59 pm

would love them to try that, just for lulz
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:56 pm

The NFL moved a Super Bowl from Arizona to Pasadena when Arizona refused to acknowledge Martin Luther King Day. I wonder if the game could move again due to this law since AZ is hosting this year, and homosexuality in the league is currently a hot topic.
Koatanga

Postby Kal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 am

http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/alec-baldwin-good-bye-public-life.html?mid=twitter_nymag

I'm not sure what to think of this.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so when I heard those news stories about him saying this or that, I dismissed it as tabloid content. I'm just not interested. I even count such stories as a strike against the credibility of whatever outlet is covering it. I hate PC police.

Let's say Alec Baldwin said all of the things people claim he said. Does that make him a homophobe? I say no. A few words, when we see him at his worst, are not indicative of his character.

He's a talented guy, but the PC police have driven him away. This is why we can't have nice things.
"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Oh, look, Uganda! Perpetual prison to people caught doing homosexual acts? Sounds fun!
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Oh, look, Uganda! Perpetual prison to people caught doing homosexual acts? Sounds fun!

And they often ask the US to send their utmost experts in anti-gay stuff. I bet the republicans trip over themselves to go to Uganda and stop the evils of buttsex.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:20 am

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/24/p ... n-the-nfl/

In a statement, Burkman wrote that “We are losing our decency as a nation. Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man. That’s a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country. What in the world has this nation come to?”

Burkman, however believes that “[i]f the NFL has no morals and no values, then Congress must find values for it.”

But there are no problems with
- The guy that probably got away with murder, and at the very least destroyed evidence on it.
- The guy that killed a couple of people while driving under the influence
- The guy that raped a girl in a restroom
- The guy that had a dog-fighting ring and would bury the dead dogs in his yard
---
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:35 am

If I had a son, I wouldn't care if he showered with gay men, straight men, or a boatload of Tim Curry in drag.

My grandmother once said it best, when we were going to an onsen spa when I was younger. "Half the world has the same equipment as you, you know."

Because I just do not understand that mindset. What does Burkman think is going to happen, that there is going to be gay gang rapes in the shower, or that the gay men are going to point and laugh?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Koatanga wrote:If the first openly gay player in the NFL draft is taken by one of the teams going to the Super Bowl, which is held in Arizona this coming year, can they deny him entrance to the stadium on the basis of him being gay?

Tangential follow-up

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2014/02/25/ ... imination/
---
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:50 pm

Yep. Some of us here in AZ are waiting for Brewer's next move, but it seems to be pretty much agreed on that she'll veto the bill.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Koatanga wrote:If the first openly gay player in the NFL draft is taken by one of the teams going to the Super Bowl, which is held in Arizona this coming year, can they deny him entrance to the stadium on the basis of him being gay?

Tangential follow-up

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2014/02/25/ ... imination/

So Apple is cool doing business in China, but Arizona is crossing the line.
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:09 pm

Yeah well, they're hardly perfect.
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum