Re: LGBT rights discussion

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:24 pm

LOVE IT!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:14 pm

"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 pm

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/394/322 ... x-partners

Just not the main ones, like health and housing... Blame DOMA
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:48 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:59 am

"We want to make the public see that we love the homosexuals, but we don't think it's right nor should it be accepted"

Er... wait... what? Seems to me they completely skipped the oxy part and went straight on to moron.

I like this quote on the matter:
Dan Savage wrote:Let's pause here for a moment to feel the love. Because nothing says "love" quite as clearly as "you're not wanted and God hates you."
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:42 pm

I suppose now would be a good time to learn how to absentee vote (assuming it's brought to public voting...)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/1 ... ostpopular
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Is there a reason that "world map" cuts off at half the world ish?
Darielle

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Honestly not sure, I didn't create it, just copied it from the link I posted.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Darielle wrote:Is there a reason that "world map" cuts off at half the world ish?

Optics.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Darielle wrote:Is there a reason that "world map" cuts off at half the world ish?

>implying any of the countries on the eastern half of the map e progressive enough to have gay marriage.*

*well maybe nz. I'm actually not sure if they do but I think I remember something about them being cool with it.
Levantine

Postby Nooska » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 am

Also, the map is wrong.

Gay marriage (as in the legal and civil workings) have been allowed in Denmark since.. somewhere in the 90's - the change is that it was rendered legal for the church to carry out unions - which they had been prohibited from doing by an old law that was recently changed so the church could make up its own mind on blessing+union instead of having to get the union done civilly and then get the churchs blessing.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:17 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/2 ... 28104.html
"We were kicked out last year and nothing has changed and we wont be at CPAC," GOProud's Jimmy LaSalvia said in an interview. "The last communication I've had from them is that we were kicked out. Nothing has changed."

Why the heck are these guys still republicans when their own party doesn't want them?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Klaudandus wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/20/goproud-cpac-2013-log-cabin-republicans_n_2728104.html
"We were kicked out last year and nothing has changed and we wont be at CPAC," GOProud's Jimmy LaSalvia said in an interview. "The last communication I've had from them is that we were kicked out. Nothing has changed."

Why the heck are these guys still republicans when their own party doesn't want them?

But like a lot of conservatives and libertarians I know, I will do so with much less enthusiasm than I did a few years back in part because the impression CPAC is giving off, and doing too little to alter in my opinion, is that it's not really keeping pace as the conservative movement modernizes.

Modernizes. Now, with the meaning of "dragging everyone back to the 50's".

Seriously> I don't understand what the hell is wrong with these people. Do they have their heads so far in the sand that they don't realize that their stance on Gays, women, and racial minorities COST THEM THE @#(*%&-ING ELECTION?

What is it going to take? Losing it again in 2016?

What the gay community should do, is find a moderate "leaning?" small party that supports gay rights. And they should be "the Gay Party". Have them start running geographically in places that poll well for the LGBT community, and start pushing it. Get them into offices (congress, state house of reps, etc...) and push through the legislation. The Tea Partiers were running on just "no taxes" and paranoia. I have to believe if a group ran solely with their gay rights plank as the loudest, they could start winning some seats.
Shoju

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Shoju wrote:Modernizes. Now, with the meaning of "dragging everyone back to the 50's".

I think you are misunderstanding her comment.

She's saying that the GOP isn't keeping up with modern conservative principles, that the GOP's position on gay marriage is evidence of that lack of modernization. It's not the conservative position that takes us back to the 50s, just the GOP's position. 

Like me, she is trying pointing out a difference between the GOP and conservatives like libertarians who were OK with gay marriage long before the Democrats.

Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum