Remove Advertisements

Politics (formerly Election 2012)

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Politics (formerly Election 2012)

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:59 am

Arjuna wrote:Judging from your sig, I'm guessing you are the speedwagon guy commenting on that article Klaudandus? :P

Actually? No
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Arjuna » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:51 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Arjuna wrote:Judging from your sig, I'm guessing you are the speedwagon guy commenting on that article Klaudandus? :P

Actually? No

Well, it was a qualified guess. :)
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:16 pm

I'll just leave this here:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/b ... them-right

P.S. Despite what it looks like... it isn't a sports thread thing...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:34 pm

http://www.nationaljournal.com/daily/te ... #pq=Z5o1qK
"Waaah!!! Obama is too mean to us!"

*facedesk*
---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Klaudandus wrote:http://www.nationaljournal.com/daily/tea-partiers-say-obama-s-too-mean-20131009?mrefid=LeadStoryTiles_medium#pq=Z5o1qK
"Waaah!!! Obama is too mean to us!"

*facedesk*

Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz wrote:I was tea party before there was a tea party

Trent Franks... the hipster teapartier.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:51 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Skye1013 wrote:I'll just leave this here:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/b ... them-right

P.S. Despite what it looks like... it isn't a sports thread thing...

The senator replied, it was awful
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/g ... own-letter
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:30 pm

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics ... soon-video

Tony Perkins, the leader of Family Research Council, which sponsored the summit said Cruz was “a de facto leader of the Republican Party” who was “filling a vacuum” at the top of the GOP.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:05 pm

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/32820 ... ith-senate

Now the GOP is upset with Obama for negotiating with the GOP
---
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:36 pm

So here's the question: Are they just doing to find a way to get an acceptable deal through, or are they also doing it deliberately to further the ideological split in the Republican party?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:07 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:So here's the question: Are they just doing to find a way to get an acceptable deal through, or are they also doing it deliberately to further the ideological split in the Republican party?

I'm pretty sure the GOP leaders are tired of the Tea Partiers within their ranks -- but the Tea Partiers do have some power, specially at the base.

Either way, don't care much seeing I like how the party is imploding, although it pisses me off they're dragging the country along with them.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:57 am

Figured this fitted better here than in the General Discussion\Amusements thread:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/ ... 62112.html

Selling Heavily used, Antique, Non Functioning Government. Government quit working a while back, no one has been able to fix it. Currently requires obscene operating costs and multiple pointless individuals to manage it. Comes with own judicial system, executive branch and legislative branch, also comes with multiple pointless redundancies and non functioning programs. Commonly disrespects own laws and rarely accomplishes anything with a point. Contact Chinese Government for payment plan, asking price 17.2 trillion to cover previous operating expenses and debts. May need new parts including, President, Vice President, Congress, Senate, House of Representatives and multiple other replacements. Parts are easy to find and cheap to apply, must offer salaried position to each part and promise them they are safe and more important than other employes of governments. If shutdown occurs again please make sure to feed congress and president or else they will get pissy and throw a fit. Please do not feed after midnight and keep away from water, may cause gremlin like destruction of country.
Thank you

Sometimes it really amazes me how your (the US) government never thought to include a mechanism for ordering new elections if something like this should happen. Maybe have the President ask the Supreme Court to judge whether the conduct of the House and/or Senate is constitutional or not, and if not to order immediate elections for that part of Congress.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:41 am

I know some liberal blogger was saying the House and Senate should be charged with extortion under the Hobbs act, and thus make the legal jump to sedition under title 18, chapter 15 to sedition.

Honestly? I dont think it qualifies for either, wish it would but...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:54 am

Or simply a mechanism that allows the president or either chamber of the house to petition SCOTUS for approval of early elections (for the house or senate or both) in case of such a budgetary crisis.
If found valid, elections are ordered by the petitioner within a set time, with a continuing resolution to keep government running (at the last agreed upon level) till elections are done and the new house/senate is validated - the newly elected representatives/senators should only serve the remainder of the period.

I don't see how it could be used for the presidency and remain within the framework set up by the constitution in regards to the way the government is run - I do believe impeachment is actually an option for most things (like a president continuously vetoing a budget bill - someone more knowledgable of US politics can say more) - of course this doesn't trigger a new election, merely a succession.

I do see an issue with my forst proposal in regards to the way both house and senate work that only half teh members are up for election at a time, but I'm sure something could be worked out with eitehr a proviso that the senior members are the only ones up, or that you simply elect 2 people for each district, the number 1 and the number 2, either with 2 votes per voter, so it was possible to have a double rep/dem ticket work, or with the way the presidential ticket works - so a ticket with 2 people that get elected together (longer term at the top, shorter term at the bottom)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Nooska wrote:Or simply a mechanism that allows the president or either chamber of the house to petition SCOTUS for approval of early elections (for the house or senate or both) in case of such a budgetary crisis.
If found valid, elections are ordered by the petitioner within a set time, with a continuing resolution to keep government running (at the last agreed upon level) till elections are done and the new house/senate is validated - the newly elected representatives/senators should only serve the remainder of the period.

I don't see how it could be used for the presidency and remain within the framework set up by the constitution in regards to the way the government is run - I do believe impeachment is actually an option for most things (like a president continuously vetoing a budget bill - someone more knowledgable of US politics can say more) - of course this doesn't trigger a new election, merely a succession.

I do see an issue with my forst proposal in regards to the way both house and senate work that only half teh members are up for election at a time, but I'm sure something could be worked out with eitehr a proviso that the senior members are the only ones up, or that you simply elect 2 people for each district, the number 1 and the number 2, either with 2 votes per voter, so it was possible to have a double rep/dem ticket work, or with the way the presidential ticket works - so a ticket with 2 people that get elected together (longer term at the top, shorter term at the bottom)

Firstly, just wanted to correct you slightly in that it's one-third that goes up for election each time.

Secondly, are you suggesting a revote of all of Congress or strictly those determined to be causing the issue? I'd think to be fair, you'd have to hold a complete revote, but perhaps allow the incumbents a chance to keep their seats. If the public decides that certain members are the problem, they'll get booted by popular vote (theoretically.)

@Klaudandus: the reply from Kingston was severely disappointing...
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum