Remove Advertisements

Plotholes You Noticed In Your Favorite Movies

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Plotholes You Noticed In Your Favorite Movies

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:17 am

Garov wrote:Reasons why trying to explain Star Wars magic other than saying "a wizard did it" was a bad move.

If force users understand that these midochlorians affect your sensitivity, where are the intrepid Jedi/Sith scientists manipulating midochlorian counts in others? Removing these little god molecules and transplanting them into someone else? It never made sense to me if they understood how they were wizards, why a bad guy isn't trying to make himself a more powerful wizard.

Also where the hell are the Jedi's breeding program? Again, they understand midochlorians affect sensitivity. You can't tell me they wouldn't start some kind of Bene Gesserit Kwizatz Haderach breeding plan. At the very least track geneology of force users.

Arnock wrote:Luckily, Mr. lucas realized that mistake at least, and they never mentioned them again.

I don't know, I thought the mention of it was great. The description given was sufficiently vague so that you could easily hypothesize answers to all those questions.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Dantriges » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:28 am

Reading stuff about the tiny little buggers. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midichlorian

Well seems Lucas had no other point to insert them and so they are mentioned mostly in the Expanded Universe.

Seems the relation of the Midichlorians and Foce sensitivity is unclear and was actually a field of scientific study.
Dantriges

Postby Kelaan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 am

Amirya wrote:Because at the time I was learning to count money, I was used to a number system based on increments of 10. Then it was time to learn that it's not based on increments of 10, but on increments of 5. But only in some cases, not all. Except where the fucking penny is involved.

Don't worry, we all hate the penny too. Some people have actually lobbied to have them removed from circulation.
Kelaan

Postby Koatanga » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Here in New Zealand we have no penny and no nickel. Smallest coin is 10 cents. Everything is rounded to the nearest 10 for cash purposes (no rounding non-cash transactions).

We have a peaceful, prosperous, and beautiful land. I credit the lack of pennies.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:17 am

They do the same thing at overseas military installations. Though everything (cash purchased) is rounded to the nearest nickel.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Aubade wrote:
Koatanga wrote:
I grew up in America and never head of a G-note.

1,000 dollar bill.
ya

that and i was tired when i typed and meant to put c-note

There was actually a $1,000 bill once. It was discontinued back in the '30s or '40s (anyways, a long time ago in a galay not so far away) because only mobsters used them. Now Vegas is forced to rely on the $100.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum