27%
Rogue
7%
Hunter
No votes

Total votes : 15

(4.2) Best PVP Class right now?

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:14 am

This isn't a poll about what toon to make.. or what comp to run but more so a discussion on which class (currently in 4.2) is superior to the others and has an edge against everyone else.

You may or may not choose to identify a spec.

My opinion is with the past few weeks in the arena I feel that Death Knights are still superior in 1v1 combat regardless of their little debuff they got.. Death Knight is the only class that if geared equally and with a player with some form a brain - I will struggle to get a near victory over them. The ability to be a melee fighter and kite another melee while you wait for CD's to rip their face off is very OP.

My second choice would be a shaman (resto) simply because if properly played a single DPS character will have a very difficult time killing one due to their ability to escape almost as well as a druid, stone skin for bubble and earth for slow.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: (4.2) Best PVP Class right now?

Postby Astronomic » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:12 am

Frost mage... I think fire is tuned very well for pvp, where-as frost mage is just rediculously silly against any non-DK melee. Only class than can drain a mana pool faster by forcing them to dispel every 4 seconds.

Blood DKs... Have fun killing them. I'm trying to remember the name of this warrior but every season he comes out with a video where he defeats top ranked opponents of each class but he could not kill the blood DK without having to pull mobs during the duel, kill them and victory rush.

as for healers: Holy pally I would love to interupt one casting a heal someday but thats the thing, They can go sooo many minutes without using a heal with a cast timer. Directly hitting them generates holy power, they get mana back by meleeing, they get mana back by judging. When they get low on HP, super-crit WG :( . And on top of it all they wear plate so lets just mitigate my damage to hell.

Resilience is a little crazy atm imo, Im getting really tired of running out of time (or just matches over 20 minutes) because no one would die, because people just cant do enough damage in several instance of 1dps1healer vs. 1dps1healer scenarios.

My vote for underpowered would go to: Ele Sham, Moonkin, Hunters.

Edit: Warrior's name is Swifty
Last edited by Astronomic on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby bldavis » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:04 pm

i think astro hit it on the head

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:50 am

Frost mage, Frost DK are my picks. I haven't seen many blood DKs, but I agree they're hard to kill. Frost, though, has a TON more control, and is very bursty. Chillblains snare you all the time, auto-crit Killing Machine procs, and the ability to kite melee. My rogue teammate has a frost DK that he PVPs with, and he just devours healers, even relatively geared ones. We find DKs a lot more squishy than mages, though.

My (Prot Pally/Sub Rogue/Shadow Priest) team beat a three healer team last night. It was ... crazy. They couldn't kill us, but it took us at least 15 minutes to get them down, and even then I think we had to have the perfect confluence of cooldowns (both the ones they'd already used and the ones we had ready). Probably not the best comp, but I bet many people they beat just gave up -- and I don't see how a team with a healer could get enough DPS on them.
Kelaan

Postby Ghastard » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:51 am

My pvp is limited, but season 9 I did a lil 2s and 3s as a ret pally. We ran ret/frost mage 2s, and ret/fire or frost/resto sham for 3s. Had some great times. The most trouble-some pvp classes from my limited perspective were Wars/rogues. They just hit for a ton, and a well crafted rogue can bring me down pretty quick. Of the healers, seems the disc priest was the hardest to kill for us. On resto druids, I would just use SealofJust so they couldnt run, and the mage would steal their hots off. Pallies we would just CC their bud, and OMGWTF hit the pally til they bubble, CC their bud, blow all CDs when bubble off and pwn the pally. Just seems like priests would never die.
Ghastard

Postby Hokahey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:56 am

Arms Warriors, Feral Druids, and Rogues seem to be my major headaches in PvP, personally, but that's from the perspective of someone who is only playing an Enhancement Shaman and sometimes a Restoration Druid. Its the stuns that get me more than anything. Holy Paladins are pretty frustrating, too.

While I know many people feel Frost DKs and Frost Mages, are overpowered, frankly, I haven't that much problem with them. In a pure 1v1 scenario on my Shaman, I do very well against either (unless they completely outmatch me in terms of skill or gear, I almost always win). On my Druid, I'd still rather have either of those on me than a Warrior, Rogue, or Feral.

I used to have a very hard time against Blood DKs, but for whatever reason (probably a combination of better gear, and better play as I've gotten more experienced), I usually can kill one now without struggling.
Hokahey

Postby Astronomic » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:15 am

Well basically your saying you hate people with alot of burst on your druid, which is understandable because ur a HoT healer. This is more a deficiency in druid healing design than those 3 being overpowered. Personally I find arms warrios very easy to deal with as a feral, and rogeus are about par with us in annoyability.

Also if u wanna piss a feral off on ur druid.... cyclone cyclone cyclone, hibernate hibernate hibernate, roots roots roots, rinse repeat.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby alayire » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:48 am

that largely depends on the setting.
people here have posted mostly regarding duels.

but if we are talking 3v3 arena setting .. things change allot.
for example Paladin healer is very underrated in 3v3 arena due mostly to it's inability to heal while being chained crowd controlled. Basically, it's impossible to OOM or kill something a holy paladin is healing even in 3's but constant crowd control the paladin and a kill is too easily achievable.

Warriors have lost allot of time on target due to loss of Intercept, but they gained allot of burst as compensation. Lately this burst has been increasingly toned down. they still need good setups otherwise their damage is quite pathetic.

Dk's have been severely overpowered as frost until 4.2 hit due to Hungering Cold and obscene crit rate due solely to talents. As far as I remember there was talk of tuning it down but I really lost track of what happened.

Druid healers seem to be rock bottom, priests a bit better but still struggling. The only healer actually doing ok is the resto shaman even with the loss of bloodlust in arena - this is strangely related to Blizzard desperate attempts to buff resto Shamans for PVE without any success so far, yet they seem to be blind to the PVP side where Shamans can set up cheap heals that crit for ridiculous amounts. this combined with the great (and unmatched) utility package the resto shamans provide .. kinda seal the deal.

Mages are doing fine, yet if you check the top ranking mages opinions, mage play take way too much set-up and finesse play to do ok, leaving no room for doing better or mistakes. other people complain that it's kinda hard to scrue up as a mage - debatable issue.
alayire

Postby Aubade » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:18 am

Why is this thread in the asylum?
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby mew » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Aubade wrote:Why is this thread in the asylum?

^

gtfo. THIS ISN'T WOW BOARDS
ImageImage
mew

Postby cerwillis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:51 pm

With all of the tuning they do to PvE in the name of PvP balance, they should all be exactly equal by now, right?
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Gorlando » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:53 pm

mew wrote:

^

I'm curious about how many Asylum regulars actually play WoW these days. It seems that a lot of people have stopped playing.
Gorlando

Postby bldavis » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Gorlando wrote:
mew wrote:

^

I'm curious about how many Asylum regulars actually play WoW these days. It seems that a lot of people have stopped playing.

how many of us just dont give a flying F about where the threads are and just read almost everything?

there is a new posts button for a reason....>.>

(sorry that is so douchey sounding but really? this IS a wow based forum, just cause this is a section completely off topic doesnt mean that wow cant creep in. if you dont play wow, dont post in wow threads)

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Hell hath no fury like an angry kodo loving oregonian.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Amirya wrote:Hell hath no fury like an angry kodo loving oregonian.

>.>

bldavis

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum