X Men: First Class

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: X Men: First Class

Postby Barathorn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:57 am

X Men First Class - 6/10.

Not as good as I wanted it to be. Slow in parts. Saved by the 3 main characters.

Kung Fu Panda 2 - 7/10.

Honestly better than I hoped it could be. Funnier than KFP.

Hangover 2 - 7/10.

Exactly what I wanted it to be. Like TH but in a different city.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Torquemada » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:31 am

X-men to me seemed an apology for the last two offerings, despite a few issues such as January Jones' complete inability to be anything other than eye candy that can't act. It was like, "Ooh, Betty Draper with diamond boobs. Meh."

I liked KFP 2, really appreciate the theme of the series, but the actual panda character is starting to wear on me. Po is about 1-2 steps away from being the annoying kid that ruined Forbidden Kingdom for me.

Hangover 2 was basically the same movie in terms of everything including pacing but each and every gag was more offensive/over the top than the 1st movie. Still good, but I can't see a Hangover 3. Plus there's no one left to get married because I can't ever see Alan not dying as a virgin.
Torquemada

Postby Arnock » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:38 am

[Random Thought]At the beginning of the movie, when shaw first killed Magneto's mother, when he was surrounded with hundreds of nice, sharp, pointy bits of metal, did he not kill shaw then and there?[/Random Thought]
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby culhag » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:36 am

Arnock wrote:[Random Thought]At the beginning of the movie, when shaw first killed Magneto's mother, when he was surrounded with hundreds of nice, sharp, pointy bits of metal, did he not kill shaw then and there?[/Random Thought]

He had barely any control on his power at that time.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Torquemada » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:14 am

On the subject of summer schlok, saw Green Lantern. First movie I think I've seen in 3D since Hollywood decided to start trying to bleed more money from me. Didn't go 3D because of a desire for it, but because it was a more convenient time for me. All in all, I didn't think it was bad. I definitely prefered the story to that of, say, Thor or the Incredible Hulk. It wasn't overly stellar in any way, and definitely X-men was way better, but it's probably worth a look if you've seen everything else that's out and are bored.
Torquemada

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum