Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Postby Flex » Mon May 02, 2011 12:52 pm

Geaux wrote:Well they are extremist in their ideals I am unsure if these groups have done anything violent in nature.

They are a family of lawyers. Their entire method is to do everything legal and not be violent.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby laterna » Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 pm

tinalt wrote:
laterna wrote:
Arnock wrote:Osama certainly will become a martyr after this, yes, but if he wasn't smart and didn't have a clearly-defined line of succession within the organization, we can hope that there might be power struggles within al-qaida [sp?]

As much as he deserved to die, I don't think it's truly right to celebrate death in any sort of fashion. Chanting in the streets? Really?

As much as he deserved to be put to trial? If he was taken to a court, no court would ever find him guilty. Didn't FBI try to fake a video with a lookalike of him? Whats to say they didn't do it in the firstplace? Sometimes, I feel that people get too overwhelmed by the 9/11 events that just don't think straight... If he was taken to court, what evidence would they be actually able to produce? No offense to anyone who lost people in the towers, but this smells of unjustice. He is just a spacegoat for random excuses to fulfil other purposes

Really? I have a hard time thinking of a single jury that would find him not-guilty. He was the leader of the group that claimed responsibility. Is a confession not enough? Even his supportors didn't say he was innocent, they said he did it because we deserved it.

If he's a scapegoat, who was the person responsible?

Your honor, my client pleads nonguilty on the grounds of you faking the video of him taking responsibility of the 9/11 events. Tell me how you disproved this. You're talking about a 10year old case, where you have evidence of your own goverment faking a video with the same man in it. How does your goverment go around proving this guy is a) the same person who stars in the confession video
b) Al'Qeida is even connected to this. What evidence are there if you remove the confession?

Color me stupid, but in a unbiased court, this case would have been claimed as "insufficient evidence". You simply cannot take a picture of 1 man, and a video confession that is 10 years old, and go around saying that now, this man is responsible. He can plead to be under pressure to make that statement, he can plead that that wasn't him making the video. The loopholes are enough for him to make it out alive.

Also sabin, too much wow makes scapegoat = spacegoat
laterna

Postby Invisusira » Mon May 02, 2011 1:26 pm

...you know that video is real, right? That the whole "omg osama video was faked" conspiracy theory bs is just that, right? That the video was recorded at a different aspect ratio than the American standard? That the frame you see linked all the time -
- was hand picked simply because it looks a little off, and that if you actually watch the rest of the video it's pretty obviously him?
Invisusira

Postby Arnock » Mon May 02, 2011 1:27 pm

laterna wrote:Also sabin, too much wow makes scapegoat = spacegoat

I move that all instances of the word "Scapegoat" on maintankadin be replaced with "Spacegoat"
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Rachmaninoff wrote:ter·ror·ism   
[ter-uh-riz-uhm]
–noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

my main point was for the religious extremists and not the terrorism part.

Ok so they're religious extremists? Big deal? Unless they're terrorists, and actually harming people, I don't care for the purposes of this comparison that you're trying to make.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon May 02, 2011 1:49 pm

"Actually harming people" doesn't need to be bound to majorities.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Gerunna » Mon May 02, 2011 2:03 pm

To me, terrorists incite terror in their intended victims.

The Phelps clan have done nothing but incite facepalms in their intended victims.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby Lightbeard » Mon May 02, 2011 2:20 pm

I had always thought it'd be funny if we found Osama clean cut living in America working a minimum wage job.
Lightbeard

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:"Actually harming people" doesn't need to be bound to majorities.

huh?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby RedAces » Mon May 02, 2011 2:53 pm

hey,

katraya wrote:And where could we have tried him? The International Criminal Court may have made the most sense but that would have caused outrage in the US. We're also not a member nation... A civil or military court in the US would have been completely biased.

China would have to trial him, maybe the most objective state there is... but yeah ... massive outrage on all fronts.

Bye, RedAces.
Last edited by RedAces on Mon May 02, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedAces

Postby laterna » Mon May 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Invisusira wrote:...you know that video is real, right? That the whole "omg osama video was faked" conspiracy theory bs is just that, right? That the video was recorded at a different aspect ratio than the American standard? That the frame you see linked all the time -
- was hand picked simply because it looks a little off, and that if you actually watch the rest of the video it's pretty obviously him?

You understand what "unbiased" court means? It doesn't matter if 1 frame is off looking, even if theres a 1% chance to prove thats not him, a proper court will not rule against him, unless full evidence are provided.
laterna

Postby Dorvan » Mon May 02, 2011 3:14 pm

laterna wrote:
Invisusira wrote:...you know that video is real, right? That the whole "omg osama video was faked" conspiracy theory bs is just that, right? That the video was recorded at a different aspect ratio than the American standard? That the frame you see linked all the time -

You understand what "unbiased" court means? It doesn't matter if 1 frame is off looking, even if theres a 1% chance to prove thats not him, a proper court will not rule against him, unless full evidence are provided.

Um, no:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_doubt

Quack conspiracy theories do not constitute reasonable doubt: "there can still be a doubt, but only to the extent that it would not affect a reasonable person's belief regarding whether or not the defendant is guilty". Convicting someone in a court of law does not require that you prove it is absolutely impossible the crime could've been committed by someone else.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon May 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Wait, you want them in the armed forces but you don't want them in warborn hellholes?

Your logic is odd.

if they chose to be in the military
as for the lack of wartorn hell holes, i dont want anyone there...

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Arnock wrote:
laterna wrote:Also sabin, too much wow makes scapegoat = spacegoat

I move that all instances of the word "Scapegoat" on maintankadin be replaced with "Spacegoat"

/signed

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Mon May 02, 2011 4:13 pm

the thing alot of us are forgetting is that innocent until proven guilty may be true here in the states, but isnt a universal thing

iirc some SA countries have laws that you must prove your innocence (im going off like 12yr old trivia so forgive me if im wrong)

reasonable doubt doesnt not mean 100% leak proof case against the guy, it means to a point at which there are no arguments that can be made against the claim that make you question its validity, as an unbiased third party

the big question is who will take the reins now?
not only as head of Al Qaida but also at the head of USA's most hated list?

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum