The Dark Knight Joker vs 1989 Batman Joker

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: The Dark Knight Joker vs 1989 Batman Joker

Postby Lightbeard » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:15 pm

If they modeled him after the Clayface in The Batman(not the Animated Series version of Clayface) (who was one of my favorite villains of all time) I'd love Clayface as a villain.
Lightbeard

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:08 pm

Hm... Catwoman appears to making an appearance (played by Anne Hathaway)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/fullcredits#cast

And potentially Robin Williams as Prof. Hugo Strange?

Edit: Rumors of Gordon-Levitt have him either as Robin or the Riddler. We'll see if either of those pan out.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Doz » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:44 am

Fivelives wrote:By "date with that chick" you mean "kidnapped Vicki Vale"?

But it such a fine line, sometimes it's hard to tell.

See "Otis" for a further exploration of the dating vs. kidnapping debate.
Doz

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Hm... Catwoman appears to making an appearance (played by Anne Hathaway)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/fullcredits#cast

And potentially Robin Williams as Prof. Hugo Strange?

Edit: Rumors of Gordon-Levitt have him either as Robin or the Riddler. We'll see if either of those pan out.

Thought it was known that Tom Hardy as Bane (read the back story on Bane as to why he is awesome) and Hathaway as Catwoman.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Dunkan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Edit: Rumors of Gordon-Levitt have him either as Robin or the Riddler. We'll see if either of those pan out.

Thing is, I have always been conflicted about Robin.

Age-wise, he should be early teens as I cannot imagine Nolan screwing THAT much with the existing story by making him early 20s. That makes Gordon-Levitt too old.

And I can't help but think Robin works better in the comics than in film. Although I could imagine a semi-psycho Jason Todd, a Damian Wayne or a Tim Drake in the film, I find it difficult to imagine a successful Dick Grayson. And that is a shame as he has been through a lot in the continuity.

However, Nolan has also stated that this will (definitley? Most likely?) be his last Batman film and has a great way to end the franchise. What better way than to intro Robin (and catwoman) into the story? Team assembled and together then off they go to fight crime!

The problem with the film versions of comics is that they tend to go for closure and kill off the enemies. That makes long term film projects difficult.
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Trav » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:10 am

VikrumthePally wrote:So it's clear we have some Batman fans here. With that being said I am curious what others' thoughts are on Nolan casting Gordon-Levitt to an unspecified role.

I personally think Nolan is a genius. I also happen to think that someone with his genius wouldn't cast an actor that is almost the spitting image of Ledger by mere accident.

Does he intend to recast the Joker?
Does he know that Batman fans and non-fans alike won't be able to resist the curiosity of this fact, thus creating more pub?

I am of the feeling that I don't see how they can recast Ledger's joker. However, I wouldn't be in shocked in any way if he did.

Normally I would say that he has to be a new character, but I remember rumors around the release of TDK that Nolan had planned to bring Ledger back as the Joker for what is now The Dark Knight Rises. If they did recast the Joker, I can't help but think it would be at best a short but significant scene they would use him in, to basically hit on whatever plot point he feels he needs the Joker for, but not to keep him on screen too long and take away from the Ledger performance. I could see a "get in and get out" cameo situation.

I don't think it's either Robin or the Riddler, as I believe Nolan has stated neither will be in his final Batman film.

I'm really kinda stumped as to who he could play, but I didn't expect to hear Bane as the Tom Hardy character either, so I'm waiting to be pleasantly surprised again.

As for Hugo Strange - I'm really hoping he's not in the movie at this point, to avoid villain overload (Bane, Catwoman, possibly Talia Head and the JGL character). But I'm really looking forward to Arkham City later this year : )
Trav

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum