Remove Advertisements

5 Complaints About Modern Life Debunked

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: 5 Complaints About Modern Life Debunked

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Arnock wrote:And, IIRC, the actual stories did, in fact, have quite a bit of romance

I dunno. It's amusing to me that the first half of White's /The Once and Future King/ is fit fodder for, say, a Disney movie, and the second half is filled with angst, insanity, murder, adultery, and more angst.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Mcduffie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Njall wrote:
Mcduffie wrote:You guys have no idea how stoked I am about the future post-apocalyptic world. I want to be the chief of a village.

That's great! I want to burn your village. So it all works out, right?

dr-tran.jpeg

Good luck, only the strong survive in my village. And we're nomads. And Sam Fisher runs security, along with Batman.
Mcduffie

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:56 am

fuzzygeek wrote:I dunno. It's amusing to me that the first half of White's /The Once and Future King/ is fit fodder for, say, a Disney movie, and the second half is filled with angst, insanity, murder, adultery, and more angst.

Look at the original stories associated with a lot of Disney movies... they all pretty much have "alternate" endings, or stop short of the true endings, just to keep it a kids movie with a happy ending. Heck... if you stop Moulin Rouge about 5 minutes before the end... you get a happy ending. Maybe they should turn that into a Disney movie >.>
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skwigelf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:45 am

Brekkie wrote:PA PA PA POKER FACE PA PA POKER FACE

No no no.

Listen to the song.

She clearly says "PUH PUH PUH POK-ER-FACE FUH FUH FUCK HER FACE".

The song is about oral sex.

"I'll get him hard. Show him what I got. Oh oh oh oh oh ohwoahoh oh oh."
Skwigelf

Postby Chicken » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:46 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Arnock wrote:And, IIRC, the actual stories did, in fact, have quite a bit of romance

I dunno. It's amusing to me that the first half of White's /The Once and Future King/ is fit fodder for, say, a Disney movie, and the second half is filled with angst, insanity, murder, adultery, and more angst.
Which is a pretty good description of what that one woman would go through if her wish were granted.
Chicken

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum