MAINTANKACHESS

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: MAINTANKACHESS

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:26 am

That graphic was pretty win, even if we did lose ;)

And I think for the next game, perhaps keep a moves list in the OP?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:04 am

I think my biggest mistake there was to actually capture the pawn at A4 with the queen at one point. The queen was in a much better position at A5. Should instead have captured the pawn at D3 with the rook, and then captured the pawn at F3 with the bishop (The knight being locked in place at that point due to the queen's position), with the follow up hopefully being to capture the rook at D1 with the bishop. The bishop would be a mistake to capture with the king as well at that point, while not technically defended in any way, moving the king to that position would've allowed us to capture the knight at D2 with the queen, resulting in a checkmate.

Of course the various steps of that could've been countered in a number of ways too.
Chicken

Postby Jabari » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 pm

Chicken wrote:I think my biggest mistake there was to actually capture the pawn at A4 with the queen at one point. The queen was in a much better position at A5. Should instead have captured the pawn at D3 with the rook (...)

White's Queen was at b1 at the time, defending d3.
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=19&t=30562&rb_v=viewtopic&start=120#p637148

a5 is a way better spot for the Queen than a4 though, definitely.

The game was long past lost at this point (down a piece and 3 pawns), but the only try left at that point was Bh5, threatening to take the f3 pawn with the Bishop - the Knight can't recapture because the Rook goes to c1 or b3, winning Queen and 2 Pawns for Rook and Bishop. At that point, Black is still technically "down" material but with that little left on the board the Queen just goes on a rampage and there isn't much that White can do to stop her (White's Bishop is awful and might as well not even exist).

Bh5 is easy to defend, of course, but it's really the only shot at creating something from that position.
Last edited by Jabari on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Chicken » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:26 pm

Jabari wrote:
Chicken wrote:I think my biggest mistake there was to actually capture the pawn at A4 with the queen at one point. The queen was in a much better position at A5. Should instead have captured the pawn at D3 with the rook (...)

White's Queen was at b1 at the time, defending d3.
Right, now I remember why I didn't do that. Still not the wisest alternative move, but I suppose moving the queen to a bad position is better than trading a rook for a pawn.
Chicken

Postby Heil » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:04 pm

MOAR!
Name's Panda, G. D. Panda.
Heil

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum