Remove Advertisements

TRON: Legacy

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Dianora » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:32 am

As I was watching the movie, I can't but help notice how the film maker kind of make Kevin Flynn's speech at the conference like the ones Steve Job used to give back in the 80s.

As for CLU's face being somewhat off, I think that was deliberate. He strives for perfection as per his design. Too bad his creator isn't perfect and give him an order that cannot be fulfilled. And his rally speech at the end brings to mind Hitler's Nuremberg rally speech and also an inversion of Flynn's speech in archival footage.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Kelaan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:07 am

Dianora wrote:As I was watching the movie, I can't but help notice how the film maker kind of make Kevin Flynn's speech at the conference like the ones Steve Job used to give back in the 80s.


Flynn's character fits very well with that. From my readings on the Tron wiki, he basically became a high-ranking officer at Encom in the early to mid 80s, and Encom became a major game software development house. Creative genius, quirky guy, geek as head of company: it all seems to fit.
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Shathus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Also... light-cycles are sooo 1980s. light-planes are AWESOME!
Shathus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Saw Tron.
Loved it.
Story stronger than Avatar, Visuals Different yet still as good imho.
Soundtrack...AWESOME.

I got the soundtrack at home now... Played at high volume with the base up makes my walls vibrate with goodness :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Koatanga » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:40 pm

I saw a different movie apparently - the one I saw was derivative and predictable, sprinkled with "why didn't they just fly the eagles to the mountian and drop the ring in?" moments, so many Star Wars references that I had to check the title to see to which movie it was a sequel.

And by the way, and POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT ZOMG DO NOT READ BEYOND THIS POINT:

Who sent the first page? The point of the page was to get someone on the outside to open the portal, but if the portal was not open those on the grid could not interract with those outside the grid (Flynn would have if he could have). The page could not have originated from inside the grid. So who sent it?
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Invisusira » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:17 am

Koatanga wrote:I saw a different movie apparently

Koatanga wrote:so many Star Wars references


would appear you did!
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Loved it so much we saw it again tonight!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11001
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Arnock » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Playing through Mass effect, and the music reminds me a lot of the tron soundtrack.
Image
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
User avatar
Arnock
 
Posts: 3664
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Tenaka » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:11 am

How it should have ended although it covers that point briefly this is a music vid that made me smile.
Tenaka
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:58 am

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:17 am

Holy shit.

Saw it this past week, and it was awesome. More than I imagined. I must have the soundtrack. The plot was better than I expected, even with the (valid) criticisms pointed out by Penny Arcade. ;) The visuals were .... yeah. :D Double-plus Awesome-good.
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:20 am

Kelaan wrote:Holy shit.

Saw it this past week, and it was awesome. More than I imagined. I must have the soundtrack. The plot was better than I expected, even with the (valid) criticisms pointed out by Penny Arcade. ;) The visuals were .... yeah. :D Double-plus Awesome-good.

Here you go:


Invisusira wrote:just a slight one.

sidenote: tracking down all the different special edition tracks for the tron soundtrack was a pain. but I emerge victorious.
Image
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11001
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 am

SPOILER ANSWER
Koatanga wrote:Who sent the first page? The point of the page was to get someone on the outside to open the portal, but if the portal was not open those on the grid could not interract with those outside the grid (Flynn would have if he could have). The page could not have originated from inside the grid. So who sent it?


Flynn said it was CLU. I don't recall him saying that the portal closure prevented any information getting out, only that it prevented the teleportation. However, it would make sense -- if he could have sent a message, you know he'd have sent his son a "Hey, uh, I'm stuck but I still love you" message. Perhaps he didn't realize that he could, or perhaps CLU figured out a way to send the page, as he asserted.

I think the most likely answer is that the writers screwed up, but I prefer to let it slide. :-) I'm sure that eventually, even without the page, he might have explored his dad's arcade.

Also, Nika: I love you guys. :D

edit: LOL at the TRON music video linked. That was awesome. :D
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Invisusira » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Kelaan wrote:SPOILER ANSWER
Koatanga wrote:Who sent the first page? The point of the page was to get someone on the outside to open the portal, but if the portal was not open those on the grid could not interract with those outside the grid (Flynn would have if he could have). The page could not have originated from inside the grid. So who sent it?


Flynn said it was CLU. I don't recall him saying that the portal closure prevented any information getting out, only that it prevented the teleportation. However, it would make sense -- if he could have sent a message, you know he'd have sent his son a "Hey, uh, I'm stuck but I still love you" message. Perhaps he didn't realize that he could, or perhaps CLU figured out a way to send the page, as he asserted.

I think the most likely answer is that the writers screwed up, but I prefer to let it slide. :-) I'm sure that eventually, even without the page, he might have explored his dad's arcade.

Pprobably some of both. Something along the lines of "well CLU figured out how to get his whole army out of the out of the grid with Flynn's disc, so he was probably able to sneak a simple page out without it." Also, wizards.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Shathus » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Also, what was up with Rinzler's gurgling/purring sound he made all the time? Read a few theories I've found online, but seem like it's never identified.
Shathus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Re: TRON: Legacy

Postby Invisusira » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:31 pm

he's just the cutest of kittens \o/

Mostly just something to help the audience identify him from the other orange baddies. And you can hear it starting with Clu zaps Tron in the flashback.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?