Romantic Gestures (or at least attempts at them)

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Romantic Gestures (or at least attempts at them)

Postby bldavis » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:11 pm

I just wanted to start a thread for those of us that are romantics at heart, or at least wanna act like it
Post tales of gestures you have done, had done to you, or heard about/witnessed

Ill start off with what i am doing this holiday season

I am going to be flying to NC to be with tracey after finals are over on the 16th, so i started doing the 12 days of xmas on the 1st
I am just sending her an email with a story about getting her gift in the mail, having to get it, stuff that is going wrong etc, just a bunch of humor-filled sweetness to let her know i am thinking about her

for example the 1st i sent her an email telling her that i have the pear tree, and it will be on its way as soon as i catch the frickin partridge again
today, being the 8th (8 maids-a-milking) i sent a joke about my sister being mad im stealing her cows to send that way it wont be 8 maids-a-sitting on thier butts with nothing to milk-ing

do you have ideas, stories, or desperate for ideas? post them here!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Romantic Gestures (or at least attempts at them)

Postby Jerex » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:36 pm

On my parents' 20th anniversary my Dad told my Mom they were going to go out to dinner, but he had to go look at a job first (he's a plumbing contractor). So, he stops by this place and talks to one of the guys he works with, and when he gets back in the truck tells Mom that now they have to go up and look at a job about an hour a way and may have to postpone dinner.

Mom fell asleep in the car, which was just perfect, and when Dad woke her up, they were at a chalet rental in the mountains in Gatlinburg. Dad had put a card on the doorstep of their cabin, which led to another card, etc. He had about 150 roses scattered all around the building and the whole place was lit by candlelight. It was pretty neat. Plus, they got to stay the whole weekend.
Jerex

Postby Nakama » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:32 pm

I proposed to my wife in a nice way...

I started with a trail of rose petals leading to the breakfast table, where some French toast was already set to go with some powdered sugar and strawberries (I never cook).

There was both a large bouquet of roses and individuals hanging out on the table.

As it happened to be almost Christmas, I had three gifts wrapped (a DVD of the movie we went to our first date on, a sweater and a card). I told her she had four to randomly pick from and to just pick a number. I completely ignored said number and gave them to her in order from small to large (card, movie, sweater) and then told her I had to go get the fourth one, but she had to close her eyes for me to get it from its hiding place.

When I went to go get the fourth one, I promptly walked over to the table, pulled the ring and box out of my pocket and kneeled in front of her with it open and then told her to open her eyes. I asked her to marry me and she was a little speechless at both the proposal and the ring, but eventually managed a "Yes!".

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Barathorn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:01 am

Club. Cave. Secret of fire.

Win.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Santcuff » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:28 am

Barathorn wrote:Club. Cave. Secret of fire.

Win.

I approve
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby bldavis » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:29 am

Win.

did you have road rash after being dragged back to the cave?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Barathorn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:34 am

bldavis wrote:

Win.

did you have road rash after being dragged back to the cave?

The first couple of potentials did but I rectified that by using a sled mechanism. Worked when it needed to.

UGG.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:13 am

Santcuff wrote:

Win.

I approve

Definately.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Return to Arkham Asylum