Remove Advertisements

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Postby Jabari » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:34 am

Wishing all of the Maintankadin community a very happy Thanksgiving!

And because I can't resist: There is only Pie today, the Cake is disallowed. :D

For the Americans among us: Please read this and remember what made this county great. There's a lot to be down about right now (TSA, economic mess, loss of our freedoms), but if you keep in mind our values, and keep working at it we can pull out of this mess.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=173281

Also: "Even in the present difficulties, even given the way the American nation has moved away from God and abandoned its historical liberties, we still have much for which to be thankful today. It is better to thank God for the abundance of what we have than to bemoan that which has been lost."

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2010/11/in-which-we-give-thanks.html

"
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Re: Happy Thanksgiving all!

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:50 am

We of Maintankadin may have our differences but we're all thankful for this site.

So Happpy Thanksgiving.
Lightbeard

Postby Invisusira » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:51 am

Jabari wrote:"Even in the present difficulties, even given the way the American nation has moved away from God and abandoned its historical liberties, we still have much for which to be thankful today. It is better to thank God for the abundance of what we have than to bemoan that which has been lost."

Invisusira

Postby katraya » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:16 pm

I can't believe how much has changed in a year.

Last Thanksgiving I had just broken up with someone that I had once thought would be a part of my life forever. I was taking stock of what went wrong, and trying to learn from the experience. I was incredibly upset about the break up, though in retrospect I think I was mourning the idea of the future that I thought we would have rather than the relationship itself and I was afraid of the unknown future. I spent Thanksgiving with my family who were all incredibly supportive and loving. I called them today to thank them for all they did for me last year. I should thank all of you too, for being there for me and giving me a place to vent my feelings.

This year I have super awesome new(ish) boyfriend. He makes me happy in so many ways I never knew I was missing out on before. We'll be spending the day with his family and then going to see mine for Christmas. Through him I have met some wonderful new friends and we have a cute (but psychotic) dog and we will soon have a wonderful new place. Plus I still have all of you!

I really wish I had had a crystal ball last Thanksgiving, I never would have wasted so much time being upset!
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:50 pm

I am thankful for not being dead or ailing. I am also thankful that my step-father's brother cooks a mean pumpkin pie so this trip wasn't a total wash.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Quite a bit to be thankful for, but I'll leave it at having a roof over my head and turkey on the table at the moment.

Also, on a slightly related note: Oink.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Today was the first time in a while we've had pretty much the entire family (from my moms side at least) there. My uncle delivered a prayer and we went to eating.

Overall it was a good day so hopefully everyone on Maintankadin had a great time.
Lightbeard

Return to Arkham Asylum