$10,000+ fine for deciding not to fly after all?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: $10,000+ fine for deciding not to fly after all?

Postby Santcuff » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Candiru wrote:Unless you have Israeli style checkpoints where people advance one at a time with a gun pointed at their head, strip naked, then carry on when they have been cleared to have no weapons, you will never prevent an attack on the security checkpoint itself where many people are queuing anyway...

My understanding is that Israeli airline security is nothing of the sort, in fact it's much less invasive than the US's, but they profile and do other background type checking. Can't say I've experienced it first hand, but I know a few people who have, and they all said basically that same thing.

I lived in Israel for four and a half months and I can easily say that Israeli airport security is nothing like what Candiru said.
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby Jabari » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:07 am

Oh joy. That was just a grotesque love-fest between the congress and the TSA guy. They were probably "screening" each other under the table and enjoying it. :roll:

No flying for me. Forget it - I'll drive or take the train. And I sent an email to all the major airlines saying as much - when their stock goes down and Amtrack's goes up, they'll know where to look.

Those who desire temporary safety over liberty deserve neither.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Amirya » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 am

Lightbeard wrote:
Amirya wrote:I am amazed that people think it's ok to demand that a stranger be allowed to touch your genitalia for any length of time (I understand that it's extremely brief), .

Do you not get physical's or check-ups anymore? Or is the procedure doctors do different in your country.

In my special little world, there is a distinct difference between:

"Hi, I have a reservation to fly to Atlanta."
"Okay, go on over there and let some random person with whom you've never developed even the slightest rapport give you the choice of outlining your entire body for his friends, or sticking his hands where only your lover and your gynecologist should."

And

"Hey doctor, I'm having some awful uterine cramping, can you help?"
"Ok, on the table, let's start with the basic questions. When did you first notice this happening? <etc>"
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 am

Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Amirya wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:
Amirya wrote:I am amazed that people think it's ok to demand that a stranger be allowed to touch your genitalia for any length of time (I understand that it's extremely brief), .

Do you not get physical's or check-ups anymore? Or is the procedure doctors do different in your country.

In my special little world, there is a distinct difference between:

"Hi, I have a reservation to fly to Atlanta."
"Okay, go on over there and let some random person with whom you've never developed even the slightest rapport give you the choice of outlining your entire body for his friends, or sticking his hands where only your lover and your gynecologist should."

And

"Ok, on the table, let's start with the basic questions. When did you first notice this happening? <etc>"

When I was talking about the doctor I was refering to a routine physical. Say you feel perfectly fine, are you not ok with the doctor groping you?

And whats stopping the doctor from describing your body to his friends (Pretty sure doctor-patient privilege won't stop a doctor from talking with his friends about the hot blonde he had his hands on).
Lightbeard

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_cdm-fnTQU

Some guy made a response to the videos listed in the blogs (well not really a response).

Thoughts? Warning: There is a lot of yelling but it's pretty funny as well.
Last edited by Lightbeard on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightbeard

Postby Korola » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:44 pm

I would be ok with this if you could pick from a selection of girls - like at the strip club. I would feel empowered and would most likely tip if they did it properly.

Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Korola wrote:I would be ok with this if you could pick from a selection of girls - like at the strip club. I would feel empowered and would most likely tip if they did it properly.

I'm having a tough time deciding between the left and middle one.
Lightbeard

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Lightbeard wrote:
When I was talking about the doctor I was refering to a routine physical. Say you feel perfectly fine, are you not ok with the doctor groping you?

And whats stopping the doctor from describing your body to his friends (Pretty sure doctor-patient privilege won't stop a doctor from talking with his friends about the hot blonde he had his hands on).

Little known fact, OBGYNs have their hands on lady parts day in day out, it is pretty unsatisfying for most of them (family member is an OBGYN) after a while. If you don't have the professionalism for it, you wont last.

Your normal doctor performing a physical will be someone you have at least some respect for, and isn't going to be nearly as forceful as the TSA monkeys.

I just recently switched family doctors. I needed to have a full physical since my last one was..... before lightbeard was in double digit years of age (pretty sure of that). Doc asked me if I was comfortable with that at first visit, I was caught off guard because HE ASKED not because of the physical. His response was something like "I see that is a problem. Well, I tell you what, I will start the physical, and I will ask you what you are comfortable with as we go along. How does that sound?"

Sounds like a winner doc.

Equating a TSA "enhanced pat down" with a physical is a joke.
Shoju

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Shoju wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:

Little known fact, OBGYNs have their hands on lady parts day in day out, it is pretty unsatisfying for most of them (family member is an OBGYN) after a while. If you don't have the professionalism for it, you wont last.

Your normal doctor performing a physical will be someone you have at least some respect for, and isn't going to be nearly as forceful as the TSA monkeys.

I just recently switched family doctors. I needed to have a full physical since my last one was..... before lightbeard was in double digit years of age (pretty sure of that). Doc asked me if I was comfortable with that at first visit, I was caught off guard because HE ASKED not because of the physical. His response was something like "I see that is a problem. Well, I tell you what, I will start the physical, and I will ask you what you are comfortable with as we go along. How does that sound?"

Sounds like a winner doc.

Equating a TSA "enhanced pat down" with a physical is a joke.

I wasn't trying to equate a physical to a TSA Pat-down.

Amirya said she was shocked anyone would let someone touch their privates for any length of time.
Lightbeard

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Lightbeard wrote:
I wasn't trying to equate a physical to a TSA Pat-down.

Amirya said she was shocked anyone would let someone touch their privates for any length of time.

You must have missed her clarification post, where she, like myself finds difference between doctor and TSA agent.
Shoju

Postby Amirya » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Lightbeard wrote:Amirya said she was shocked anyone would let someone touch their privates for any length of time.

Amirya wrote:I am amazed that people think it's ok to demand that a stranger be allowed to touch your genitalia for any length of time

Do you see the difference?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Amirya wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:Amirya said she was shocked anyone would let someone touch their privates for any length of time.

Amirya wrote:I am amazed that people think it's ok to demand that a stranger be allowed to touch your genitalia for any length of time

Do you see the difference?

For emphasis, because it was missed the first time.
Shoju

Postby Amirya » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:11 pm

<3 Shoju
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:17 pm

I guess you can argue that a doctor wouldn't be a stranger. My point was however was that would you be ok with a doctor checking your gentalia in a routine physical assuming nothing is wrong there. Amirya seemed to imply with this quote.

That she'd be ok with it only if she were having pains around the genitalia.
Lightbeard

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum