OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Fivelives » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:09 pm

http://videosift.com/video/George-Carlin-Germs (George Carlin routine - obviously NSFW for language)

Fecal cauliform bacteria are present everywhere. You get them on your clothes and transfer them to whatever surface those touch, and even if you wash your hands there are still some left over that will transfer to other surfaces and reproduce.

My only concern in the phone vs toilet situation would be how to get the smell of urine out of the phone after dropping it in. Has anyone else ever noticed that it's easy to pee without poopin, but really super hard to poop without peein?
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I'm sure this doesn't come as a shock to anyone.


Why would you be on the toilet doing one of the following

A. Talking to someone on the phone
B. Playing a game on your phone
C. Using your phone in general.

Handle your bussiness and then use the phone to reduce the risk of dropping said phone.
Image
User avatar
Lightbeard
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby d503 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Lightbeard wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I'm sure this doesn't come as a shock to anyone.


Why would you be on the toilet doing one of the following

A. Talking to someone on the phone
B. Playing a game on your phone
C. Using your phone in general.

Handle your bussiness and then use the phone to reduce the risk of dropping said phone.


Yeah, nobody reads while on the can...using your smartphone on the toilet is the new version of Dad taking the newspaper into the can for 45 minutes...

*Talking* on the phone, otoh, is disgusting...I work in the tech industry, and the only people I ever hear talking while shitting...well, there no from 'round here...not to stereotype, but yeah ;)
User avatar
d503
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:31 pm
Location: Northern California, US

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:20 pm

d503 wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I'm sure this doesn't come as a shock to anyone.


Why would you be on the toilet doing one of the following

A. Talking to someone on the phone
B. Playing a game on your phone
C. Using your phone in general.

Handle your bussiness and then use the phone to reduce the risk of dropping said phone.


Yeah, nobody reads while on the can...using your smartphone on the toilet is the new version of Dad taking the newspaper into the can for 45 minutes...

*Talking* on the phone, otoh, is disgusting...I work in the tech industry, and the only people I ever hear talking while shitting...well, there no from 'round here...not to stereotype, but yeah ;)


I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, it's just something that feels uncomfortable to me.

Talking on the phone at the urinal on the other hand is something I've done.
Image
User avatar
Lightbeard
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby cerwillis » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:26 pm

I doubt anyone is playing games and says "oops! I just dropped my phone between my legs!" It's never happened to me, but I have heard that it happens when your phone is clipped to your belt.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
User avatar
cerwillis
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:29 pm

cerwillis wrote:I doubt anyone is playing games and says "oops! I just dropped my phone between my legs!" It's never happened to me, but I have heard that it happens when your phone is clipped to your belt.


I have never used a belt-clip due to fear of it falling. I usually keep my phone in my right pocket.
Image
User avatar
Lightbeard
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:31 pm

I am prone to randomly let things slip of my hands and freak out on the attempt at retrieving them back in time. Thus not bringing electronics anywhere dropping them can be more hazardous than the falling issue on its own.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Fivelives » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:33 pm

You, sir, have dropsy. I shall withdraw and return forthwith with the leeches for a blood-letting!
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Belloc » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I'm sure this doesn't come as a shock to anyone.



Do you want shock? After 2 weeks my friend and I still didn't come to a consensus over what qualifies as a Day and what qualifies as a Night. This discussion rose from the day where he said "Good Afternoon" and I said "Good Day", and we disagreed. Mom looks at me funny ever since she found out.

12AM to 11:59AM = good morning
Noon to 5:59PM = good afternoon
6:00PM to 11:59PM = good evening

4AM to 6PM = good day
6PM to 4AM = good night
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Fivelives wrote:You, sir, have dropsy. I shall withdraw and return forthwith with the leeches for a blood-letting!

I reflexively pout whenever it happens :(
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Fivelives » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Oh, false alarm. Just a case of boy-neko. Carry on, then.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby mew » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 pm

Belloc wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I'm sure this doesn't come as a shock to anyone.



Do you want shock? After 2 weeks my friend and I still didn't come to a consensus over what qualifies as a Day and what qualifies as a Night. This discussion rose from the day where he said "Good Afternoon" and I said "Good Day", and we disagreed. Mom looks at me funny ever since she found out.

12AM to 11:59AM = good morning
Noon to 5:59PM = good afternoon
6:00PM to 11:59PM = good evening

4AM to 6PM = good day
6PM to 4AM = good night

Is this official?
If not, I would argue 5:00pm to be the start of "good evening"
I would also say "good day/night" depends on if it is light or dark outside, so it varies with seasons.
ImageImage
User avatar
mew
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:42 pm
Location: US

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Fivelives wrote:Oh, false alarm. Just a case of boy-neko. Carry on, then.

Whuh?
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Fivelives » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Well, a nekko (I missed a "k" earlier) is supposed to be "girl that acts cute", yus? So by pouting and being cute, you're being a boy-nekko. Since, you know, you have outdoor plumbing and all.

Unless I'm missing something, which is totally possible.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: OT: you drop your cell phone in the toilet, do you

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:22 pm

No, not really, though I don't usually do the endearing thing well.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest