Remove Advertisements

The Wedding Thread

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

The Wedding Thread

Postby Chunes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:42 am

So as a few of you probably know, I got hitched last month! I promised Nika that I'd post some photos when I got back from the whole affair, so here's a little teaser from our photographer's FB gallery.

I'll try and get some of the honeymoon photo's uploaded this weekend and whenever we get the non-watermarked shots from our camera man, I'll get some highlights posted from them.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... =fbx_album
Chunes

Re: The Wedding Thread

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:45 am

Wait wait wait wait. You're from Madison?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:46 am

Also, those photos look phenomenal!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Wait wait wait wait. You're from Madison?

I'm from Denver actually. My lady is from Madison originally though and the vast majority of her family is located around Wisconsin, so we decided to have the wedding there since she was a pro and relocated her life to CO permanently when we started getting serious.

Wedding photographers are a "you get what you pay for" sort of thing, we learned. We paid pretty dearly for this guy, but I'd go so far as to say he's the best wedding photographer in madison that we could find.
Chunes

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Invis is from around Madison. Which is probably the only reason I have ever heard of the place tbh.
Last edited by Nikachelle on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby katraya » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Ok random thoughts...

Really pretty ceremony site. Did they have you wandering all over creation for the photos or did you getting married somewhere with that large of a variation of scenery?

I like her dress and the jackety things she wore at the reception is a neat idea. I don't know why 99% of wedding dresses are sleeveless but it bugs me! I know it's not a flattering look for me and it will be a bitch to find a dress because of this.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:32 pm

katraya wrote:Ok random thoughts...

Really pretty ceremony site. Did they have you wandering all over creation for the photos or did you getting married somewhere with that large of a variation of scenery?

I like her dress and the jackety things she wore at the reception is a neat idea. I don't know why 99% of wedding dresses are sleeveless but it bugs me! I know it's not a flattering look for me and it will be a bitch to find a dress because of this.

We got married in a botanical garden, so for the photos where we're outdoors, it was pretty much just us hiking around for like 2 hours after the ceremony with the photographer.

That little jacket she's wearing (bolero is the official name I have learned) she actually made herself. She saw some picture on the interwebs of a similar jacket, made her own pattern and sewed it together. My mind still boggles at her talent with a sewing machine.

If you get married anytime soon, maybe you could contract her to make you one :P
Chunes

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:33 pm

katraya wrote: I don't know why 99% of wedding dresses are sleeveless but it bugs me! I know it's not a flattering look for me and it will be a bitch to find a dress because of this.

Yeah I'm worried about the ability of a strapless/sleeveless dress to uphold cleavage.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Invis from around Madison. Which is probably the only reason I have ever heard of the place tbh.

That's crazy, Small world! I really like madison in the summer/fall, but I'd definitely start cutting if I had to endure the winter/early spring there.

Re: strapless, D's dress (her name is DeAnna) had an internal corset thingy for structure. She's not packing melons or anything, but it kept her from falling out of it. I'd imagine there are some creative solutions to the problem of gravity for those "more well endowed" women.
Chunes

Postby Invisusira » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Know what's more fun than driving through Madison in the middle of a flash blizzard?

driving through Madison in the middle of a flash blizzard in a Mustang
Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:40 pm

So I hear Madison gets more snow than Canada.

But yeah I have no idea how these wedding dress thingamajigs work. I'm supposed to be picking one out soon though so I suppose I'll learn a thing or two.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Invisusira wrote:Know what's more fun than driving through Madison in the middle of a flash blizzard?

driving through Madison in the middle of a flash blizzard in a Mustang

I think the thing that would get me the most would be the combination of never seeing the sun for like 5 months and the snow never melting.

It gets pretty cold here in the winter, but the snow never stays for more than a week or so and the sun comes out very often in our winters. I think my seasonal depression would upgrade to seasonal suicide watch if I lived in the midwest.
Chunes

Postby katraya » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
katraya wrote: I don't know why 99% of wedding dresses are sleeveless but it bugs me! I know it's not a flattering look for me and it will be a bitch to find a dress because of this.

Yeah I'm worried about the ability of a strapless/sleeveless dress to uphold cleavage.

I'm seriously considering something like this if we do get married. I'm leaning towards a very casual wedding though.

Chunes wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Wait wait wait wait. You're from Madison?

I'm from Denver actually. My lady is from Madison originally though and the vast majority of her family is located around Wisconsin, so we decided to have the wedding there since she was a pro and relocated her life to CO permanently when we started getting serious.

My boyfriend is trying to convince me to move to Denver. He lived out there briefly and really liked it. I'm not keen on going that far west though. I've lived on the east coast my whole life and this is where my family is.
Last edited by katraya on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:46 pm

katraya wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

I'm seriously considering something like this if we do get married. I'm leaning towards a very casual wedding though.

Nice. Dessy is where our bridemaids got their dresses from. :P
Chunes

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Oh that's pretty!

This is the one I've got picked out atm:
http://www.lea-annbelter.com/2008_collection_sophia.php
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum