Remove Advertisements

Deus Ex

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Deus Ex

Postby Invisusira » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeahhh, I'm with you on that. It could really stand to use a better reload speed.
Invisusira

Postby sahiel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:29 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Finally finished this yesterday. I guess I was losing interest, because I got very sloppy in the final levels, not really caring so much about stealth and not killing people (I killed a hell of a lot of insane people in the final level, mostly because I couldn't seem to get past them and didn't have enough gas grenades).

The only time I broke out the mini gun I'd been toting around half the game, pretty much every crazy on the level ended up running to me, something like 1000 rounds of ammo expended since I just kept the trigger down, cackling madly as they ran towards me arms waving. Sadly the picture misses showing an equal amount of dead crazies behind me :D

"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:02 pm

The best part of this game is the part where you save the pilot, Farida Malik I think. She was my favorite character.
Last edited by Vanifae on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Aubade » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:11 pm

I've never played Deus Ex, but I imagine this pilot has big monitors.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Levantine » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Malik.

For some reason I liked Eliza more though, dunno why.
Levantine

Postby Vanifae » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Levantine wrote:Image

Malik.

She was just awesome and I wasn't going to let her die.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby sahiel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:36 pm

Vanifae wrote:
She was just awesome and I wasn't going to let her die.

Yep, saving her was actually one of the toughest fights for me. There was a hell of a lot of bad guys including a mech and they totally focus fired on her, killing enough to distract them before her helicopter went up in flames was not exactly a cake walk, but totally worth it.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby tuberon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:58 am

sahiel wrote:Yep, saving her was actually one of the toughest fights for me. There was a hell of a lot of bad guys including a mech and they totally focus fired on her, killing enough to distract them before her helicopter went up in flames was not exactly a cake walk, but totally worth it.

Nobody kills my pilot!

Sadly I didn't manage to save her until about my 5th playthrough.

"Pritchard... they killed Malik" "Oh, oh god, look, I'm sorry, Adam..."
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
tuberon
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:52 am

I used stealth takedowns to take most of them out, killed the heavies with miniguns and used EMP grenades on the robot/robots. Once you take out the heavy hitters it gets significantly easier.
Vanifae

Postby Passionario » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 am

Vanifae wrote:I used stealth takedowns to take most of them out, killed the heavies with miniguns and used EMP grenades on the robot/robots. Once you take out the heavy hitters it gets significantly easier.

My Jensen has been ghosting his way through the game until that point, relying on nonlethal takedowns, tranq shots and sneaking.
As a result, by the time Malik's bird got shot down, he had a lot of pent-up aggression in his system. :twisted:

It was a bloodbath. Headshots for the snipers up top, Typhoon for anyone caught in the open, armblades through the ribcage for the remaining stragglers.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Kelaan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:29 am

Levantine wrote:Malik.

Ironically, I never liked Eliza much. Her character was pretty, but I didn't like the dress code. That, and it was clear (as a player) that she was over him, whereas he wasn't. I would not have been surprised at a Malik/Jensen romance development.

As you said, though, no way in hell am I letting my pilot die. (Maybe if the computer hacker had been my pilot? No. Not professional.)

That, and the fight didn't seem terribly hard to me. I went along the ground floor, EMP'd the bot, shot the heavies in the head w/ my pistol, and then went upstairs. The hardest shot was the sniper across the way, but even that was easy w/ the tranq rifle. Maybe if I'd been on a harder setting. However, I totally agree: after being silent and nonlethal for almost the whole game, it was nice to go weapons-free. :twisted:
Kelaan

Postby sahiel » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:57 pm

SPOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILERS! (Though I doubt anyone reading this far into the thread hasn't finished the game)

Malik was pretty much the only female character I liked much. Gusty, loyal, funny and someone who actually cared about Jensen, not what he represented or could do.

Never liked or trusted Megan from the very start, my Jensen would probably have handed her over to cops if he'd had the choice or perhaps ultimately, put a bullet in her. She seemed utterly free of any real moral constraints and had no qualms about doing whatever it took to further her science, regardless of who was hurt or how badly it might fuck up the world, all that mattered to her was 'knowing', the consequences never even appeared to enter into it, especially since she happily joined the Illuminatis further experimentation at the end.

Eliza was... well, inhuman seems an appropriate word, she seemed to be trying to appear human on many levels and attempting to understand what it meant to have emotions, to care and so on, but in the end, she was still a computer and on a different level to humanity. As a super advanced AI it's hard to say whether she allowed herself to be used by the Illuminati, agreed with them, disagreed, or simply didn't care. She seems almost to simply want to study how humans react, perhaps to better model herself on them or simply the way we sometimes stare at something we can't comprehend and 'poke at it'.
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum