Remove Advertisements

Halo Reach?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Halo Reach?

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:14 pm

So I went out and bought Halo Reach last night and played the first level.. anyone else like this game or have any thoughts on it?

I normally play Modern Warfare 2 and I don't actually own any Halo games but my friend wouldn't GTFO of my ear about buying it so we can play 4 person campaign...

Anyone know how many hours of gameplay this game has for campaign and if you play MW2 how do you compare the pvp?
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: Halo Reach?

Postby Invisusira » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:26 pm

I've heard the single player campaign is a bit short, no idea on how many hours. I've heard nothing but "amazing" from players and critics alike about the game itself.

I'd expect the pvp to be similar to that of Halo 3's - that is, more arcade than realistic. (aka more like UT or Quake than MW or CS)
Invisusira

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Invisusira wrote:I've heard the single player campaign is a bit short, no idea on how many hours. I've heard nothing but "amazing" from players and critics alike about the game itself.

I'd expect the pvp to be similar to that of Halo 3's - that is, more arcade than realistic. (aka more like UT or Quake than MW or CS)

Omg ... flashback to play Unreal Tournament 2000... those days where so awesome.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby towelliee » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:57 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
Invisusira wrote:I've heard the single player campaign is a bit short, no idea on how many hours. I've heard nothing but "amazing" from players and critics alike about the game itself.

Omg ... flashback to play Unreal Tournament 2000... those days where so awesome.

I was thinking the exact same thing Unreal Tour and Quake. I am loving this game

blubbrnaut for those who want to play some.
towelliee

Postby Anorian » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:08 am

Game is fun, you're right on the short though. Completed it on Heroic in about 6-7 hours, working on legendary now. Very fun to play though, campaign has nice pacing and challenging places but doesn't get to frustrating even on legendary. With good tactics, and some luck, you can survive most onslaughts. Vehicle fights are a bitch on legendary though.

Haven't done the multiplayer yet, have a month free subscription on live but been to busy to "waste" my free month yet.
Anorian

Postby Adryl » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:50 pm

I both play Reach and MW2 while I'm not wowing it up. I prefer MW2 combat mechanics and weapons. But I will always prefer the customization and gametypes of Halo. Halo has such a grand scale of what u can possibly do MW2 pales in comparison. But I will always love kill streaks and the custom class system

Gameplay: MW2
Map/Gametypes: Halo
Customization: Tie (weapon sets/kill streaks vs. forge)
Story: Halo hands down
Adryl

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:38 pm

I believe the Campaign is really short because the game's focus is on all the new multiplayer features they've added. The only complaint I can think of I've heard about multiplayer is the characters are slower and don't jump as high.
Lightbeard

Postby Adryl » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Lightbeard wrote:don't jump as high.

Jetpacks FTW!
Adryl

Postby Invisusira » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:51 am

The campaign wasn't THAT short. And it was challenging. A bit heavy on cutscenes, and the friendly AI seems to have taken a tranq shot in the face when it comes to vehicles compared to Halo 3. Other than that, it was great.

Running slower? Jumping shorter? If it's true (I wouldn't be surprised considering how ridiculously high you could jump in 3), I haven't noticed it. People just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Oh, and they need to stop changing the god damned controls in this game.
Invisusira

Postby Chicken » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:39 am

I've heard that if you beat this game at 100% in under 2 hours you get to see Master Chief in a bikini.
Chicken

Postby Invisusira » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:10 am

oh man I know what I'm doing today
Invisusira

Postby Thornir » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:20 am

Invisusira wrote:The campaign wasn't THAT short. And it was challenging. A bit heavy on cutscenes, and the friendly AI seems to have taken a tranq shot in the face when it comes to vehicles compared to Halo 3. Other than that, it was great.

Running slower? Jumping shorter? If it's true (I wouldn't be surprised considering how ridiculously high you could jump in 3), I haven't noticed it. People just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Oh, and they need to stop changing the god damned controls in this game.

Recon under controller settings is the normal Halo 3 setting.

Also, turn sensitivity at 9. anything else feels like keyboard turning.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Invisusira » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:24 am

Thornir wrote:Recon under controller settings is the normal Halo 3 setting.

Except for grenade swapping.
And equipment.
And tank controls.
And flight controls.

\o/

Plus I just came off replaying Halo and Halo 2 before picking up Reach, so I was swapping grenades every time I wanted to reload. Gotta say, was pretty impressed by Halo 2's graphics on the 360.
Invisusira

Postby Adryl » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:33 am

Whats worse if coming of marathoning MW2 then getting Reach. It is a bit more similar than 3's controls but it just isn't the same. I continued to try to melee people but nothing would happen when I clicked the joystick lol.
Adryl

Postby Invisusira » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:59 am

Haha yeah, I STILL sometimes keep crouching when I try to sprint. I do like that there's the option to make crouch a toggle instead of a hold-down now.
Invisusira

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum