Remove Advertisements

StarCraft II - Ghosts of the Past

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: StarCraft II - Ghosts of the Past

Postby Arnock » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:57 pm

ZombieRitual wrote:I'm still bothered by Blizz butchering T3 for WotLK. Oh well, I'm really glad SC2 has turned out so well. Also thinking about buying a new video card so I can crank up some settings and have it run smoother.

As embarrassing as this may be, I was lagging like crazy on the last mission and the last of the prophecy missions.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Chicken » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Arnock wrote:
ZombieRitual wrote:I'm still bothered by Blizz butchering T3 for WotLK. Oh well, I'm really glad SC2 has turned out so well. Also thinking about buying a new video card so I can crank up some settings and have it run smoother.

As embarrassing as this may be, I was lagging like crazy on the last mission and the last of the prophecy missions.
I had issues on the last prophecy mission as well, at least at around the time I'd earned the first of the achievements for that mission. The amount of enemies at that point goes absolutely bonkers though. And hey I'm kind of impressed really, my computer's a few years old now and yet that's the only slowdown I've had despite keeping all the settings at their maximum.
Chicken

Postby Arnock » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:45 pm

At least it didn't lag out with all of the settings at minimum :C
Arnock

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:42 pm

For me it runs perfectly on my machine, with some lag while recording with fraps.

Speaking of recording. I just "LOOOVE" it when I get accused of not playing on Brutal for my Starcraft 2 youtube LP....even though I show the mission starting on Brutal...

"Sighs deeply"
Io.Draco

Postby Levantine » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Please excuse my horrible fail starcrafting, but what's a decent Protoss counter to M&M? My gut says Colossi, but I dunno, I can just see anyone worth their salt microing the Marauders and spanking the shit out of them. I spose Dark Templar would work too, but they're just as annoying as Colossi to build.
Levantine

Postby Arnock » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Levantine wrote:Please excuse my horrible fail starcrafting, but what's a decent Protoss counter to M&M? My gut says Colossi, but I dunno, I can just see anyone worth their salt microing the Marauders and spanking the shit out of them. I spose Dark Templar would work too, but they're just as annoying as Colossi to build.

Colossi or High Templar
Arnock

Postby Levantine » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:52 pm

Oh man how the fuck did I miss PsiStorm.

/failprotoss
Levantine

Postby hoho » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:01 am

Levantine wrote:Oh man how the fuck did I miss PsiStorm.

/failprotoss
Pretty sure they had something quite similar there. At least the result was similar even though the graphics was different. Though I haven't played protoss much so can't be sure.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Levantine » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:16 am

I don't think I like Roaches. :/ Maybe a Zealot rush with a super quick charge tech?
Levantine

Postby Invisusira » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:45 am

I play Random and either start out with my first major attack as either MMM+a siege tank or two, 'lot + stalker warp-in, or ling+hydra worm surprise. I really like sneaking in and attacking where they don't expect it. Depending on how well they survive it, I'll either throw in a few heavier units (thors + vikings, immortals + void rays, muta spam) or just hit em again with the same thing right away because keeping your production going while you're fighting is so much easier in SC2 than it was in SC1 due to the unlimited number of units per hotkey. I assign all my buildings to 0 and just tab through them.
Invisusira

Postby Levantine » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:50 am

I'm starting to like tucking a pylon somewhere annoying and using it to warp in a bunch of Stalkers, that and an early Void Ray harass are shaping up to be my top strats. I'm terrible at macromanagement though. I tunnelvision wayyyy too easily and forget to scout way too often.
Levantine

Postby Invisusira » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:53 am

Void Ray and Banshee rushes are both pretty simple and fun tactics, both of which can devastate new players. Experienced players will be able to counter them (or, more likely, not even let you get that far) pretty easily, though.
Invisusira

Postby Levantine » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:16 am

It's just as well I'm terrible enough at this game to not be able to get much further than the new players. Maybe that'll change, but I have a history of not being quick enough on my mouse to micro and macro at the same time properly, and I'm fairly sure that'll be the thing that holds me back.
Levantine

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:37 am

Anyone here playing on EU? Trying find someone to do CO-Op achievements with.
Io.Draco

Postby tlitp » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Invisusira wrote:SC2 verdict: Unbelievable, uncompromising Win.

SC2 is horrendous. As in : really, really terrible. Mere words are not enough to encompass the grandeur of its demise. Good grief, enough of this mockery.
tlitp

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum