Remove Advertisements

This is some COLD logic

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

This is some COLD logic

Postby beornus » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:07 am

Sometimes I doubt humanity. Listen to this: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/22/tex ... rue&hpt=T2

I should have kept quiet and thought a fool then to have typed and removed all doubt.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Re: This is some COLD logic

Postby beornus » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:30 am

For those who may have problems understanding the exchange due to the accents of the women involved, this is the 911 Emergency Call betwen a woman and a 911 operator. The woman has called 911 to inform them that her children ages 3 and 6 are not moving, not breathing, she thinks they are dead. When asked what happened she says she killed them. She choked them with a wire. She killed them because they are autistic and she doesn't want autistic children, she wants normal children.

Heard this audio on the way into work today and it has put me in a baaaad mood.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:36 am

Take solace in the fact that she'll have a needle in her arm
Lightbeard

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:37 am

Lightbeard wrote:Take solace in the fact that she'll have a needle in her arm

There's no solace in that.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:37 am

That's.....disturbing.

Solace? What kind of bullshit logic are you spinning Lightbeard? She probably went into deep Depression over it ( happens to many parents with Autistic Kids ) if anything she should be sent to the Asylum for her mental problems.....still it makes me want to puke at the whole situation.
Io.Draco

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:44 am

Bad shit happens every day.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:53 am

Io.Draco wrote:That's.....disturbing.

Solace? What kind of bullshit logic are you spinning Lightbeard? She probably went into deep Depression over it ( happens to many parents with Autistic Kids ) if anything she should be sent to the Asylum for her mental problems.....still it makes me want to puke at the whole situation.

I could be really generic (and probably offensive) and say that it's "the American way" to just murder people who commit violent crimes, but I'm not actually sure how many States actually do that anymore.

Killing someone just because they killed someone else really isn't the way to go though.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby faithlessnub » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:55 am

Lightbeard wrote:Take solace in the fact that she'll have a needle in her arm

Even with a clear admission of guilt, motive and a murder weapon this case will stay tied up in court for years with many appeals on the grounds of mental instability and what not

its even possible for her to be found not guilty if the right jurors are found.
With great power comes great current squared times resistance
faithlessnub

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:56 am

IT's kind of a waste. They'd be much better test subjects. True psychopaths aren't exactly integrating in society anyway.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:57 am

Snake-Aes wrote:IT's kind of a waste. They'd be much better test subjects. True psychopaths aren't exactly integrating in society anyway.

They still have basic human rights though.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:59 am

Sometimes that's pretty much the problem.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:01 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Sometimes that's pretty much the problem.

I don't see the problem.
Vanifae

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:25 am

Hmm. It's the whole "what to do with dem crimzppl" situation. The ideal of human rights make it so they apply to everyone...but sometimes people slip in ways that make you wish that wasn't the case. I don't know what to think, because it is a slippery slope to make exceptions to that, opening space to allow for mistakes to be committed in more than just "giving rights to those that don't deserve them".

Like, for example, many researches and labors would be easier if there weren't taboos against stuff like human test subjects and forced labor. But then it becomes easier to trick people into those things.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:26 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Hmm. It's the whole "what to do with dem crimzppl" situation. The ideal of human rights make it so they apply to everyone...but sometimes people slip in ways that make you wish that wasn't the case. I don't know what to think, because it is a slippery slope to make exceptions to that, opening space to allow for mistakes to be committed in more than just "giving rights to those that don't deserve them".

Like, for example, many researches and labors would be easier if there weren't taboos against stuff like human test subjects and forced labor. But then it becomes easier to trick people into those things.

I don't believe in the ends justify the means, you know who did the Nazis... and I think we can be better than them.
Vanifae

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:28 am

That's part of the problem. What are acceptable targets? Is it worth it? And what we currently do, does it work?
It's a waste to keep someone locked if locking him won't change anything. But then it's also wrong to kill them, but letting him go free won't help any. What to do?
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum