Remove Advertisements

[Video] Cop shot bank robber/hostage taker in China

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

[Video] Cop shot bank robber/hostage taker in China

Postby Dianora » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:26 pm

This guy, who has already robbed a train and taken a hostage in a standoff situation. To show the police he meant business, he already stabbed the girl a couple of times, and forced her to drink anything offered by the police before drinking it himself.

A plain cloth police woman shot him while he was distracted in picking up the last bottle tossed by the police. While her form is a bit twitching, I sincerely doubt if I can actually make that shot myself with the hostage being use as shield.

Oh, from the police's point of view, this guy is already facing a death penalty for the bank robbery, hostage taking is also a death penalty, they're just saving the public money by avoiding the expense of the trial.

Here's a write up on the entire situation.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Re: [Video] Cop shot bank robber/hostage taker in China

Postby Belloc » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:54 pm

imo, if you're going to be stabbing people and taking hostages, you should probably be surprised if you get away with your life.

Probably didn't need to fire the last 3 shots, but whatever... she was in the zone.
Belloc

Postby Shirak » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:02 am

Folks should be glad I'm not an officer. I would have arrived on scene counted to three and just shot him where he stood. My wife knows in this situation, I will simply take the shot, there wont be any of this screwing around the cops have to do.

As far as the number of shots, I have spoken to several officers who have said that head shots from pistols isn't always a "Kill shot" The front of the skull is very thick and sometimes the round can "Skull cap" the person, where it deflects off the front of the skull. Just because he falls down doesn't mean he isn't a threat.
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby Dianora » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:17 am

Shirak wrote:Folks should be glad I'm not an officer. I would have arrived on scene counted to three and just shot him where he stood. My wife knows in this situation, I will simply take the shot, there wont be any of this screwing around the cops have to do.

As far as the number of shots, I have spoken to several officers who have said that head shots from pistols isn't always a "Kill shot" The front of the skull is very thick and sometimes the round can "Skull cap" the person, where it deflects off the front of the skull. Just because he falls down doesn't mean he isn't a threat.

It's not an easy shot, as the guy move so much with his hostage. The infamous Miami shoot out between 2 determine bank robber and FBI agents in 1986 was finally brought down by 1 cop who used revolver and blows their brain out at a close distance. When it was all said and done, 2 FBI agent died, many more maimed and injured.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:29 am

Dianora wrote:It's not an easy shot, as the guy move so much with his hostage. The infamous Miami shoot out between 2 determine bank robber and FBI agents in 1986 was finally brought down by 1 cop who used revolver and blows their brain out at a close distance. When it was all said and done, 2 FBI agent died, many more maimed and injured.

This had a lot to do with the standard issue firearm's caliber ... or lack thereof, IIRC
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:19 am

Shirak wrote:Folks should be glad I'm not an officer. I would have arrived on scene counted to three and just shot him where he stood. My wife knows in this situation, I will simply take the shot, there wont be any of this screwing around the cops have to do.

I believe that all police departments need 1 officer with the skill to take out a headshot with a rifle. No it doesn't have to be a military grade 1000 yard sniper. I'm talking a guy who can hit a headshot from say 200-300 yards.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:32 am

Does their police force not have snipers they could've easily got him in the head during the time he was in the doorway
Lightbeard

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:49 am

Snipers are by definition much more careful with their shots, because they don't get to shoot a second time.
In places more careful about human rights are worse because the guy can't even shoot unless he gets express permission by people who are usually more worried about the image of the corporation, too. I've seen many a story of snipers who couldn't shoot because it'd make cops look bad on the newspaper.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:02 am

Tell me a sniper 60 feet away from that guy couldn't hit him.
He never got shot on those openings because the captain was afraid of the police's public image.

The result? Things went batshit, and when the guy was ready to surrender he was closed by a cop with a smg, who managed to shoot almost point-blank and miss, killing the hostage he was using as a shield. The guy himself died on the way to the police station(he never got shot) opening a case for cops doing revenge killing.

Both hostage and kidnapper died, because of one reckless cop and one sniper that wasn't allowed to solve the problem in the first hour of the whole thing.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Melathys » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:43 pm

*edit
^^ awesome.

Shyrtandros wrote:I believe that all police departments need 1 officer with the skill to take out a headshot with a rifle. No it doesn't have to be a military grade 1000 yard sniper. I'm talking a guy who can hit a headshot from say 200-300 yards.

2-300 yards isn't a hard shot. the army qualifies at that distance with just iron sights (ie, no scope). the marines do the same at 500 yards. and by qualify, I mean EVERYONE who is in the army has to be able to shoot at that distance (yea, its center mass, but give us a scope and its an easy shot)

Granted, not all police have military experience. Even though we still qual with m4 (m16) in law enforcement, its only 100 yards, and we still have people that don't know how to clean the damn things...anyway, moving on...
Melathys

Return to Arkham Asylum