Remove Advertisements

iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby Dianora » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:47 am

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby aranil » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 am

Wow, I know so many people like that

"Here is everything you ever wanted"
"Its it *Some name brand*?"
"No"
"Then I don't want it"
User avatar
aranil
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: On the floor

Re: iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby Invisusira » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:03 am

User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby Melathys » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:06 am

I personally wouldn't even put them in the same category. The evo and droid x are soooo huge.

The original droid and iphone are comparable, imo, as they're nearly the same size. I'm waiting for the droid2. though honestly, the droid is enough for me for now, I'll likely wait for droid3, and have my free upgrade by then (or at least "not pay full retail" time)
Image
User avatar
Melathys
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Re: iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby Dianora » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:16 am

Melathys wrote:I personally wouldn't even put them in the same category. The evo and droid x are soooo huge.

The original droid and iphone are comparable, imo, as they're nearly the same size. I'm waiting for the droid2. though honestly, the droid is enough for me for now, I'll likely wait for droid3, and have my free upgrade by then (or at least "not pay full retail" time)


I was talking to my co-worker who's getting 2 original Droid for his sons about the upcoming Droid X and Droid 2. Unfortunately for his sons, they're getting Droid because Verizon is literally giving them away (2 for $50 with plan). He reason, if they want better phone, they can get a job.

Yeah, I'm not eligible for upgrade until May of next year, and by then, we're likely to get something like Droid 3. But don't fret, Android OS update 2.2 (Froyo) really really sped up application speed, on most benchmark (not counting 3D calculcation), it does everything twice as fast. That update is coming soon.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby Melathys » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:31 am

some buddies at work have the evo 4g. You really have to see that thing in person to realize how -huge- that thing is. the droid and iphone are already coming to the limit of how big a phone should be, and that thing seems like its twice as big (exaggeration, yea, but its still ginormous) I mean, the evo has a fricken kickstand.

And from what I gather, if you think the droid is too slow, the 2.2 update should fix that anyway. the 2.2 update brings most of the features on par with iOS4. and the droid is still 2nd in pixels per inch (265) behind only the iphone4 (326) (nexus one has 254 ppi). sure the evo and droidx have bigger screens, but they're the same resolution as the droid, lowering the pixels per inch. The droid still has an excellent camera/video cam. Pretty much the only thing lacking in the droid compared to the newer phones is the processor...but like I mentioned, the 2.2 update will speed things up significantly.

I personally really love having the physical keyboard. if for nothing else in that it doesn't take up your screen as you type. (and yes, with the dataviz documents to go app, I really do actually use my phone to type and work with.)
Image
User avatar
Melathys
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Re: iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby Dianora » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:46 am

Droid 2 fixes some of the glaring deficiency of Droid. It has raised keyboard, and get rid of the D-Pad. It also have the same processor as Droid X and the memory.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:49 am

My wife and I were all excited about picking up a pair of Evos this Thursday when we qualify for the additional rebate, but this morning I saw that the Samsung Galaxy is landing sooner than later.

Image

Yeah, I think I can stand to wait a little longer for a full frickin' keyboard.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5084
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby Melathys » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Dianora wrote:Droid 2 fixes some of the glaring deficiency of Droid. It has raised keyboard, and get rid of the D-Pad. It also have the same processor as Droid X and the memory.


The raised keyboard will be nice, but I actually use the d-pad for word processing. sometimes its hard to poke at the screen and get the cursor exactly where you need it, so I use the d-pad. (if anything, they should move it to the other side for gaming, lol)

internal memory becomes a moot point when 2.2 hits, since you'll be able to store all apps on the sd card anyway. (which reminds me, I need to order a 32 gig card)
Image
User avatar
Melathys
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Re: iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby Dianora » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:24 pm

Melathys wrote:
Dianora wrote:Droid 2 fixes some of the glaring deficiency of Droid. It has raised keyboard, and get rid of the D-Pad. It also have the same processor as Droid X and the memory.


The raised keyboard will be nice, but I actually use the d-pad for word processing. sometimes its hard to poke at the screen and get the cursor exactly where you need it, so I use the d-pad. (if anything, they should move it to the other side for gaming, lol)

internal memory becomes a moot point when 2.2 hits, since you'll be able to store all apps on the sd card anyway. (which reminds me, I need to order a 32 gig card)


Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, back ordered.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: iPhone 4 vs. HTC Evo

Postby Namaztak » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:17 am

Supposedly the guy that made both sides of those videos lost his job at Best Buy over them.
Namaztak
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: MD


Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest