Remove Advertisements

Wrestler Released for Being Too Violent(Wall of text Inside)

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Wrestler Released for Being Too Violent(Wall of text Inside)

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:29 pm

I wanted Maintankadin's opinions on this story because it's been a hot debate topic lately.

For those of you who don't know about Bryan Danielson he's considered by many many people to be one of the top if not the top wrestler in the world (or at least America). He made a name for himself on the independent circuit and fans were excited when he finally joined a big name company like WWE. Due to poor booking he's been underused so far. Last Monday Bryan Danielson and other rookies from WWE's show NXT attacked John Cena, Cm Punk, and everyone at ringside including cameramen, announcers, and other tech people. Now the story goes that everyone who was attacked were not told about the attack to make it seem as real as possible to the fans. Now the reason I'm mentioning this attack is because there are two parts that allegedly led to the release of Danielson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T-VeEn3 ... re=related

The first was the choking of ring announcer Justin Roberts with his own tie. WWE is now in the PG era which means they are cutting back on violence and blood. WWE allegedly receieved complaints from someone important to the company that it was too violent for TV and children would seek to imitate it. WWE also has something i call the "Chris Benoit Rule" that prevents wrestlers from using foreign objects to choke someone after the Benoit family tragedy.

The second reason is because he spit in the face of John Cena known to many as the poster boy for WWE. While it is unaware if Cena had a problem with this higher ups did because again they assumed children would imitate it.

Now I'll get to my main point. Do you feel that the choking with the tie was anymore violent then hitting someone in the back with a chair, ladder, or slamming someone through a table?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wAq3smvd20 Here is the full video of the attack

DISCLAIMER Yes I know wrestling is fake however reports indicate that the release of Bryan Danielson is legitimate. A debate over whether the firing is real or fake has been going on for a few days. I personally believe all the signs point to it being legit but however I think it is more of a suspension then a firing and Bryan Danielson will be returning to the WWE.
Lightbeard

Re: Wrestler Released for Being Too Violent(Wall of text Inside)

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Wrestler.
Too Violent.

What.

Is this the same wrestling where the Undertaker buried a guy alive?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:17 pm

The Same company where Stone Cold used to give his middle finger salute and drink beer. WWE has gone PG now though and those days are over.
Lightbeard

Postby Argali » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:35 pm

I'm pretty sure if he was "released" after doing what the script writers told him to do, he has a solid case for unfair dismissal.
Argali

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:27 pm

The thing is the choke was most likely not planned because the outside crew wasn't told about the attack. However it is unknown whether he knew that choking was not allowed.
Lightbeard

Postby Gorlando » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Lightbeard wrote:The thing is the choke was most likely not planned because the outside crew wasn't told about the attack. However it is unknown whether he knew that choking was not allowed.

Yes, but by your logic if I killed someone and did not know that murder was illegal, then I couldn't be convicted of murder. Obviously that's false.

Edit:I fail at typing.
Last edited by Gorlando on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gorlando

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:46 am

Wouldn't it be better if wrestling were real? Then these guys would slowly get rid of each other and wouldn't have anymore topics about it.

Wrestling was cool when I was like.....7 The Great Muta (sp?), Hogan, Flair, Andre the Giant. Those guys were cool and funny. There is nothing cool and funny about the WWE now.
Shoju

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:15 am

Lightbeard wrote:The Same company where Stone Cold used to give his middle finger salute and drink beer. WWE has gone PG now though and those days are over.

quoted for lolwut...oh no, not drinking beer!

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:16 am

The real WTF of this seems to be that the victims weren't informed. Sure, the choking doesn't seem terribly different from hitting with chairs (yikes) or tables, but the main thing is that they didn't get warned... which means there could have been some unplanned accidents. If true, pretty sloppy.

It sounds like he was just taking a Heel (bad guy) turn, or something... or perhaps didn't understand his script? I don't know. It seems pretty wacky, esp given the fueds and other inter-actor (scripted) violence over the years.
Kelaan

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:30 am

My guess is either he followed the script and this will be the excuse for him to take some sort of real needed absence (treatment/surgery of an injury for instance). Ultimately that resuls in a climatic ratings boosting return. Or he didn't follow the script, which isn't tolerated all that much because of the inherent dangers, and he's being fired.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Tarl » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:35 am

The real reason this happened is that Linda McMahon is running for US Senate. The WWE has put a lot of restrictions of the things the performers can and cannot do, i.e. choking with objects, chair shots to the head. This kind of stuff will give her opponent some things to use against her, in the upcoming election.

Now the important question, was Bryan Danielson informed about the new rule?
Tarl

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 pm

That doesn't make much sense.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Tarl wrote:The real reason this happened is that Linda McMahon is running for US Senate. The WWE has put a lot of restrictions of the things the performers can and cannot do, i.e. choking with objects, chair shots to the head. This kind of stuff will give her opponent some things to use against her, in the upcoming election.

This is just dumb..
It really is disturbing that all because her husband owns and operates one of the most successful wrestling companies in the world and SHE wants to go be one of the retards on the hill her husbands business has to completely change...
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:
Tarl wrote:The real reason this happened is that Linda McMahon is running for US Senate. The WWE has put a lot of restrictions of the things the performers can and cannot do, i.e. choking with objects, chair shots to the head. This kind of stuff will give her opponent some things to use against her, in the upcoming election.

This is just dumb..
It really is disturbing that all because her husband owns and operates one of the most successful wrestling companies in the world and SHE wants to go be one of the retards on the hill her husbands business has to completely change...
Well, like you said it's dumb, so dumb in fact that I have my doubts. It's not like there isn't decades worth of very easily findable footage available, containing all sorts of stuff they are supposedly now restricting.

I don't know when or why they decided to go back "PG" (when I was a kid it was pretty much PG). I really don't follow WWE at all, but I have my doubts that it had much to do Linda McMahon's senatorial race and a whole hell of a lot more to do with the bottom line.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Aubade » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm gonna go with frid's answer because as my old high school AP US History class teacher always told us.

"Follow the Money.."
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum