25%
No, i have no interest
No votes
I'm not going to Blizzcon
75%

Total votes : 44

Re: Blizzcon

Postby mew » Mon May 24, 2010 10:06 am

Shyrtandros wrote:Are there special events each year or something that makes blizzcon such a big deal?

Only going off what I've read here on the Q&A sessions and maybe watching some pvp it doesn't seem like much happens :|.

I have heard that you get special rewards for going to blizzcon like ingame pet or mount - however is that worthy of the easy 1,000 dollars each person to go ?

I'm just asking because if I can find good reasons I'll attempt to buy tickets and my honey and me will go.

I'm just a worry wart that I'll spend all my vacation money to basicly spend 3 nights in a hotel and get a ingame pet / mount.

Anyone have specific pro's for going?

Thank you for the information by the way :D

Haha, not really. The only "special events" are really the concert and the contests. The rest is a bunch of small fun stuff, panels, PvP, beta play, meeting friends, trying to win prizes, merchandise, the CA vacation, etc. It's more of an experience rather than what you physically get out of it.
Personally, I'm not in to the panels or new information because you can just watch it on youtube a few hours after it is announced. I go to hang out with friends and for the general atmosphere. It's hard to describe the atmosphere...
If you really want the pet/mount you could go for the DirectTV feed, that only comes out to less than $50 (does anyone know how much it is exactly?).

I have heard of people that go and don't enjoy it, but I think most people that go have a lot of fun.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Santcuff » Mon May 24, 2010 10:37 am

Directv was 40 dollars last year.
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon May 24, 2010 10:59 am

Santcuff wrote:Directv was 40 dollars last year.

Do you still get the goodies for the direct tv? or just watch it and some minor perk?
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Santcuff » Mon May 24, 2010 11:01 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
Santcuff wrote:Directv was 40 dollars last year.

Do you still get the goodies for the direct tv? or just watch it and some minor perk?

I got the Grunty the murloc marine for getting the driectv stream, thats it though.
Santcuff

Postby Vanifae » Mon May 24, 2010 12:04 pm

You normally only get the digital items for the DirectTV stuff.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby mew » Mon May 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Vanifae wrote:You normally only get the digital items for the DirectTV stuff.

And you get them later too. I think they come in the mail or something. We had some guy from guild who didn't get his until about a month or so after Blizzcon.
I don't think you get a beta key with DirectTV either, but who knows if they are even going to do one this year (they didn't last year).
ImageImage
mew

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue May 25, 2010 9:34 am

mew wrote:

And you get them later too. I think they come in the mail or something. We had some guy from guild who didn't get his until about a month or so after Blizzcon.
I don't think you get a beta key with DirectTV either, but who knows if they are even going to do one this year (they didn't last year).

So wait - I'm confused.. if you go to Blizzcon will you get a beta key for like cataclysm or something?
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Pfife » Tue May 25, 2010 9:41 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
mew wrote:

So wait - I'm confused.. if you go to Blizzcon will you get a beta key for like cataclysm or something?

Based on speculation that Cata will be out this year and the convention is held in October. I would not bet on getting a key for Cata beta. Though the speculation could be wrong so I don't really know. I'm hoping I can get a ticket and the beta key they will be giving out is for Diablo 3. This is also just going on speculation that they have given beta keys in the past. Just keep an eye out for a list of things they are giving either here or the official site.
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby Macktruck » Tue May 25, 2010 11:01 am

Maybe we could get a free month of play for Cata or something. You never know!

I never went to any of the previous Blizzcons due to money constraints or the fact that I was going on a trip somewhere else.

Though, I'll definitely be buying a plane ticket if I can get a blizzcon ticket or if I can buy an extra one off one of my friends if I don't get it.
Macktruck

Postby Santcuff » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:19 am

Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 7 PM Pacific so Good Luck to everyone attempting to get tickets.
Santcuff

Postby Santcuff » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Almost time.
Santcuff

Postby Thalia » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 pm

I feel like I am going to puke from the anticipation and nervousness :shock: .
Thalia

Postby mew » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Thalia wrote:I feel like I am going to puke from the anticipation and nervousness :shock: .

Haha, I felt like that the day they announced ticket sales :(
ImageImage
mew

Postby Santcuff » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Thalia wrote:I feel like I am going to puke from the anticipation and nervousness :shock: .

Same, this plus having surgery today was not a good combination haha. Although my heart jumped a couple beats when I saw the assholes on the forum saying they already got tickets (lies obviously).
Santcuff

Postby Thalia » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:01 pm

ATM 3714 in line Aergis is at 6900 lol.
Thalia

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum