I'm not going to Blizzcon
75%

Total votes : 44

Re: Blizzcon

Postby Thalia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Gladia wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Where is the poll?! :D

Now there is one, lets see how this goes to gauge a response for them

Perhaps I'll have Aergis move this topic to general discussion since I assume there are a lot of tankadins who doesn't visit the crazy down here :D
Thalia

Re: Blizzcon, Now with T-shirt poll!

Postby mew » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 am

So I'm going to try to stay later than just Sunday this time, maybe until Wednesday or something.

As for a Maintankadin meetup kind of thing, I believe I am free Saturday night. Or we should do lunch or something. I'll be busy all afternoon Friday but you should be able to find me at the cosplay photoshoot outside by the convention center's fountain (I'll probably force Vanifae along too).
ImageImage
mew

Postby andx » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:45 am

I voted yes. BTW is there any sort of list of people from this site that will be at Blizzcon?
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Postby mew » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 am

andx wrote:I voted yes. BTW is there any sort of list of people from this site that will be at Blizzcon?

I agree, we should do this. But not me, someone else, I am extremely busy :(
This thread should have just about everyone that is going post in it at some point.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Shathus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:32 pm

I voted yes, as I'm interested, but would depend on the design, otherwise I may just buy one of the existing MT shirts.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:24 am

OK, this is what I don't get of Blizzcon... why don't they FREAKING CHANGE THE FREAKING VENUE.. ...

Well vented that out.. can't they possibly 2011 be in a larger place? They should put some math in it.. larger venue, larger audiences, larger profit...

I vote Cowboys stadium next year..

Good luck to you all, I expect pics on October 24 be posted here..
djlar

Postby mew » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:40 am

djlar wrote:OK, this is what I don't get of Blizzcon... why don't they FREAKING CHANGE THE FREAKING VENUE.. ...

Well vented that out.. can't they possibly 2011 be in a larger place? They should put some math in it.. larger venue, larger audiences, larger profit...

I vote Cowboys stadium next year..

Good luck to you all, I expect pics on October 24 be posted here..

I heard that the only bigger convention center in the US (or at least in their area) is in Vegas, but I'm not sure how much bigger it is compared to the current place (current is between 20,000 and 30,000 people). They seriously considered it this year but it would be a ton of moving for them. As they do it now, all the workers are volunteer Blizzard employees so they would either have to put them up in hotels or hire people to work for the con.
All the demo setups are either rented or donated from Dell, but I don't know if the specifics on that and how difficult it would be to get setups in another area (I don't know if Dell has a HQ or something near Anaheim).

They don't really make a profit off Blizzcon, so the profit it does generate (if any) isn't a big factor in putting the convention on.

It basically just seems like a lot of extra work to have it at a bigger place. But it would be cool if they did it and to see how that goes.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Shathus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:44 am

My thing is, I've been to the big concert events that take place in football stadiums, I dunno, it's just TOO many people for me and that's just listening to music. For something like BlizzCon with panels and TVs you want to watch, the more people you have, the less enjoyable the experience may be just due to sheer volumes of bodies. At least in my opinion, maybe i'm just an old fogey now :)
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Thalia » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:53 am

LA convention center is way bigger then Anaheim.
Thalia

Postby Santcuff » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:10 pm

I would so buy a T-shirt
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby Shathus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:41 pm

Schedule of panels and events posted

http://us.blizzard.com/blizzcon/events/index.xml

Also, I kept forgetting/putting it off... if I ordered a shirt, would it ship in time for the event, or is it too late now?
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby mew » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:52 pm

So I'm staying in the area after the con until Wednesday, but it seems people keep bailing on plans :( Also most people tend to have school or work, pssssh.

I want to go to Medieval Times (there is a $25 special Blizzcon rate), Universal Studios, any other theme parks, and whatever else there is to do in the area (apparently Six Flags has a $40 ticket deal if you buy online).

I also discovered that it's going to cost me over $150 to get my wings to California (then $100 to get them back) :( That's $50 above my "surely it won't be over ____" estimate. But I did manage to book an extremely cheap (and decent seeming) hotel for after the con, and it's walking distance from my con hotel.

I better enjoy the fuck out of Blizzcon this year :V Because this is way more stressful than I expected it to be.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Gladia » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Shathus wrote:Schedule of panels and events posted

http://us.blizzard.com/blizzcon/events/index.xml

Also, I kept forgetting/putting it off... if I ordered a shirt, would it ship in time for the event, or is it too late now?

As far as a MTadin specific shirt for Blizzcon, i doubt it will get made, looks to be 10 people have said yes to buying one, not nearly enough to justify design+production of said shirt.

As for if you ordered a standard MTadin shirt, i cant say, Thalia or Aergis would be able to answer that better. From my own experience, i ordered 3 shirts last year, and received them within 3 days.
“If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.”
“If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.”
-Stalin

Gladia - <Flasks for Trash> 85 Paladin
Aelthena - <Flasks for Trash> 85 Paladin
Veylina - <Flasks for Trash> 85 Druid
Gladia

Postby Arjuna » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:55 pm

if I wasen't in europe I'd definately grab one :P
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby mew » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:16 pm

So what's up with the Blizzcon store situation? Is everyone that has a ticket registered to their battle.net account supposed to get access? Or only the accounts that purchased tickets?

For those of you that can't see the store, Vanifae found a gallery here:
http://wow.joystiq.com/photos/blizzcon- ... e/#3453328

I'm getting this year's picture frame (the one with Deathwing), the Deathwing poster, and this year's t-shirt (the one with Deathwing and Kerrigan).
The Murloc hat is pretty great too. Those big horde/alliance symbol things that look like wall scrolls are apparently beach towels.

I really love this year's design. I couldn't get in to last year's because of how rectangular it was, especially to the point of putting a rectangular boarder on the shirt design.
ImageImage
mew

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum