Remove Advertisements

bathroom doors...

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

bathroom doors...

Postby Lifelace » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:30 am

Should not open to let you out UNTIL you have washed your hands.

Some people sicken me.
Lifelace

Re: bathroom doors...

Postby Rothifer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:40 am

One guy from the army walks into the washroom followed by a guy from the navy. The army guy pees and leaves while the navy guy finishes and washes his hands. Navy guy finds army dude and says "Hey buddy. In the navy, they teach us to wash our hands." Army dude promptly replies "In the army they teach us to not piss on our hands."
Too much talking here and not enough tanking. Stop the bitching and get tanking.

Barathorn
Rothifer

Postby Lifelace » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:50 am

Guess I work with a bunch of ex-army.

Worst part is when they go from the stall, bypass the sink and right out the door.
Lifelace

Postby Aubade » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Lifelace wrote:Guess I work with a bunch of ex-army.

Worst part is when they go from the stall, bypass the sink and right out the door.

Yeah, that I couldn't do. I regularly piss without washing my hands though.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Arcand » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Lifelace wrote:Guess I work with a bunch of ex-army.

If it makes you feel better, maybe they don't wipe either. ;)
Arcand

Postby Argali » Sat May 01, 2010 3:03 am

There's more germs on your hands than there are on your genital regions ( as long as you shower :P). What people should start doing is wash your hands before handling your junk.

From the Penn & Teller show, it's more hygenic to rub asses or give someone a blowjob, than shaking hands.

So stop complaining about someone not washing hands after peeing.

Doing a number 2 however, since I've seen some claims that bacteria from faeces can pass through double ply toilet paper, wash away!
Argali

Postby daemonym » Sun May 02, 2010 2:15 am

Lifelace wrote:Should not open to let you out UNTIL you have washed your hands.

Some people sicken me.

When I was a little boy my parents taught me a very important life lesson: don't piss on your fuggin hands.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Aelissa » Sun May 02, 2010 3:14 am

Should men wash their hands after urinating?

I've said this before: your boxer-shorts region--from belly button to mid-thigh--is crawling with germs known as coliform bacteria. These bacteria originated in your intestine, and some of them are deadly. Remember punji stakes? They were sharpened sticks that the Vietcong concealed point up along trails and daubed with excrement. If you stepped on one you had a good chance of contracting a fatal infection. Similarly, an otherwise not-so-serious gunshot or knife injury could kill you if it perforated the intestine and allowed coliform bacteria to spread around your abdomen.

"But you know this (or at least you ought to). What you may not know is that washing will not make the coliform bacteria go away. They're holed up in the pores of your skin and nothing short of sandblasting--certainly not your morning shower--is going to get them out. Showering merely gets rid of the ones that have strayed onto the surface. The bacteria won't do much harm if they stay put, but when you urinate your fingers come in contact with Mister P. long enough for the coliform bacteria in your pores to hop aboard. Your fingers subsequently touch lots of other infectible items. If you don't wash your hands with soap and water (soap gets rid of the skin oil that the bacteria stick to) . . . hello, Typhoid Mary.

It now dawns on you: jeez, if merely touching my privates is enough to transmit bacteria, it doesn't matter if I pee or not! Just so. Urine itself is actually fairly sterile. Cecil has read reports of it being used during wartime in poor countries as--I'm not making this up--a sort of battlefield Bactine. (U.S. doctors generally blanch at this.) The lesson to draw from this, however, is not that you can go forth dripping (yuck), but rather that just because you didn't pee on your fingers doesn't mean you can skip washing up."

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1043/why-are-men-supposed-to-wash-their-hands-after-urination

TL;DR version: you don't wash your hands after peeing to wash off any pee you might have gotten on your hands, but because you just touched your germ-ridden private parts. And remember to use soap.
Aelissa

Postby Treck » Sun May 02, 2010 4:14 am

Argali wrote:There's more germs on your hands than there are on your genital regions ( as long as you shower :P). What people should start doing is wash your hands before handling your junk.

The issue isnt the ammount of germs, its what kind of germs. Its the same as the toilet seat, its one of the "cleanest" surfaces around your house, in terms of ammounts of germs.
Personally? In public bathrooms washing is something atleast i have to do to feel "clean" again, if it really is effective or not is not the point.
Treck

Postby Boyfriend » Sun May 02, 2010 4:51 am

The purpose of washing hands is to stop spreading disease, the coliform bacteria in a healthy human are not particularly dangerous; afterall they live in your intestine, they don't belong in open wounds (open wounds make any kind of bacteria very dangerous) but otherwise your body is very capable of dealing with them (apart from some hospital bred strains of death, courtesy of antibiotics).

Afterall humanity didn't just drop dead before basic hygiene (when was it? 1900's?)
But hygiene reduces your chance of transmitting nasties, especially the really bad nasties to other people.

Many diseases are infectious even if the person does not feel gravely ill yet, thus you should always practice hygiene when in tpublic areas; you won't be able to know the health of who touched what when.

This does not only apply to toilets, but after you come home you should always wash your hands.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Daeren » Sun May 02, 2010 11:16 am

The odds are that the sink has more intestinal bacteria than the fingertips touching your penis. Or at least, a more varied environment. Considering that a hand wash rarely gets the job properly done, it's not the greatest benefit. You get cleaner, but the bacteria is still there after a soap wash, just fewer of them. Alcohol disinfection at least works, and less touching + most likely better compliance from users.
Notice, that would only refer to men who urinate, after defecating or women should wash their hands nonetheless.
Daeren

Postby amh » Sun May 02, 2010 11:31 am

Lifelace wrote:Should not open to let you out UNTIL you have washed your hands.

Some people sicken me.

I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Sun May 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Unless 100% of the people wash their hands, it doesn't really matter anyway - you all touch the same doorknob on the way out.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Fridmarr » Sun May 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Koatanga wrote:Unless 100% of the people wash their hands, it doesn't really matter anyway - you all touch the same doorknob on the way out.

That's why you don't throw away your paper towel until after you've used it to open the door, or if there's a handicap door thingy, you open it with your hip.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Aergis » Sun May 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Fridmarr wrote:That's why you don't throw away your paper towel until after you've used it to open the door, or if there's a handicap door thingy, you open it with your hip.

And that sir, is why you are a moderator.
I fear to eat at a restaurant if they don't have a trash can next to the door.
Aergis
Site Admin

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum