Happy Day I found a box I didnt know I had.

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Happy Day I found a box I didnt know I had.

Postby Lifelace » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:21 am

mew wrote:I think boy scouts are worse. They sell popcorn tins, who wants to buy popcorn tins?
And they do the same annoying thing except they are more annoying because little boys are annoying.
They need to just man up and sell cookies.

What the heck is a person suppose to do with all the dang tins anyway? With the ridiculous price you pay for the popcorn tin you can't justify just throwing it way.
Lifelace

Postby Lifelace » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:25 am

Jerex wrote:
"Man up and sell cookies"? That seems a bit...off.

"Take out the retainer and boy up."

Is that better?
Lifelace

Postby Talderas » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:25 am

mew wrote:I think boy scouts are worse. They sell popcorn tins, who wants to buy popcorn tins?
And they do the same annoying thing except they are more annoying because little boys are annoying.
They need to just man up and sell cookies.

Hmm, my record haul for popcorn was $1,500 of product in a single year. I had three years where I sold over $1,000 of product. I guess I look down on the Girl Scout method of selling because I hoofed it and went door to door and didn't use any gimmicks aside from wearing my full uniform with all my merits on it and I didn't sell popcorn in groups. It was all a single person effort.

Also, the tins are just for caramel corn (unless they've added more product). The regular popcorn came like you buy in the store, cardboard boxes with individually wrapped bags of kernels waiting to be popped. Sweet buttery goodness. Mmmmmmm.
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby Lifelace » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:35 am

Talderas wrote:
Also, the tins are just for caramel corn (unless they've added more product). The regular popcorn came like you buy in the store, cardboard boxes with individually wrapped bags of kernels waiting to be popped. Sweet buttery goodness. Mmmmmmm.

They have, now they have reg popcorn half dipped in chocolate then on the other half drizzled with white chocolate.
Lifelace

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:39 am

I still have 2 boxes of Somoas.

My girlfriend had her teeth pulled last month and until this week or so she hasn't been able to have anything Crunchy or chewy, we plan to open 1 of them tonight or this weekend after I read this post.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Santcuff » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:41 am

Mmmmm popcorn
/popcorn
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby Jerex » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:43 am

Lifelace wrote:
Jerex wrote:
"Man up and sell cookies"? That seems a bit...off.

"Take out the retainer and boy up."

Is that better?

The reason it sounded off to me is not because she was claiming boys need to man up. It was because she was claiming that selling cookies is a way to man up.
Jerex

Postby Talderas » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:47 am

Lifelace wrote:
Talderas wrote:

They have, now they have reg popcorn half dipped in chocolate then on the other half drizzled with white chocolate.

Well, there really isn't any other way to package the dipped popcorn. A tin is really the only way to package it and ensure continued freshness if you don't eat the entire thing in one sitting.
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby theckhd » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:48 am

mew wrote:So why did they change the name back to Samoas?
I mean, I prefer "Samoas" to "Caramel Delights", but didn't they determine it was offensive?

There are two different bakeries that make girl scout cookies, Little Brownie and ABC. Each bakery has its own name for the cookies (probably a trademark issue?). See the bolded part below.

The same types of cookies are sold under different names by the different bakery; the choice of bakery by Scout troop determines the name, and while this may change from town to town or year to year, there are no categorical regional differences or a move to "politically correct" names.[14][15] The merger of many councils (from 312 to 109) following the August 2006 reorganization resulted in many councils changing bakery, thus causing some confusion at that time.[8] Each baking company names its own cookies. Thus the exact kinds, names, and composition of the cookies may vary from year to year, depending on which baking companies have been licensed, and what they have proposed.

The national Girl Scout organization reviews and approves all varieties proposed by the baking companies, but requires only three types: Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Sandwiches (ABC)/Do-Si-Dos (LBB) and Shortbreads (ABC)/Trefoils (LBB). The other kinds can be changed every year, though several popular favorites, such as Caramel DeLites (ABC)/Samoas (LBB) and Peanut Butter Patties (ABC)/Tagalongs (LBB), are consistently available.

(Why do I know this? My fiancee is a wealth of oddball knowledge, having been the daughter of a troop leader.)
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Talderas » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:53 am

theckhd wrote:(Why do I know this? My fiancee is a wealth of oddball knowledge, having been the daughter of a troop leader.)

I can't be the only one on these forums to have been a Boy Scout. :(
Talderas

Postby Santcuff » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:55 am

Talderas wrote:
theckhd wrote:(Why do I know this? My fiancee is a wealth of oddball knowledge, having been the daughter of a troop leader.)

I was a cub scout for a total of 2 weeks :D
That count?
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby theckhd » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:57 am

Talderas wrote:

.... who sold Girl Scout cookies?

I dropped out after Webelos personally. Camping isn't my thing, and that's all the troop near me did. Well, that and play M:tG and D&D while camping, but it wasn't worth going to that level of effort to play around a campfire in the dark. Playing either of those games outside is bad enough, what with wind and all. No sense adding a fire to the mix for your Black Lotuses and character sheets to get blown into.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Talderas » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:00 am

theckhd wrote:I dropped out after Webelos personally. Camping isn't my thing, and that's all the troop near me did. Well, that and play M:tG and D&D while camping, but it wasn't worth going to that level of effort to play around a campfire in the dark. Playing either of those games outside is bad enough, what with wind and all. No sense adding a fire to the mix for your Black Lotuses and character sheets to get blown into.

Aye, that behavior perplexed me. I was more into the physical aspects of Boy Scouts. Swimming, spelunking, rock climbing, canoeing, etc.
Talderas

Postby Arnock » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:02 am

Talderas wrote:

nope
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby mew » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:16 am

theckhd wrote:
Talderas wrote:

.... who sold Girl Scout cookies?

I did :O I was in girl scouts up until 7th grade. Then the troop leader's daughter decided that she was too lesbian to be a girl scout (not literally, but that's basically it), so the troop disbanded :( I was never a super-scout though. I would go to some events, get like 2 or 3 badges a year, sell cookies to relatives and door to door around the block, etc. I think I would sell around 50 boxes, but there was always that girl that sold over a thousand (I went to a private school, there were probably girls whose fathers were high-ups at companies and their employees would buy a bunch to try and look good, my next door neighbor's dad was a FexEx CEO D: ). My family was friends with some Indians that owned a bagel store and they let our troop set up outside their shop one weekend, I think that sold a ton.
ImageImage
mew

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum