Fitness and being Healthy

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Fitness and being Healthy

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:18 pm

Shoju wrote:73.5 pounds down since end of feb / beginning of march. My metabolism feels like it's in overdrive the past couple of weeks.

That's some really impressive progress!

Shoju I'm curious what you do for a living? if you don't mind sharing

(you should be a motivational speaker! ha ha ha. no actually I was really just curious.)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby katraya » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:18 am

Nikachelle wrote:New personal goal: 145 by Christmas (just in time to pack it right back on! ;) ). Currently weighing in at 155. I'd originally thought to shoot for 140, but I think that'd be overkill, thereby making it impossible and frustrating if I didn't hit target.

Mid-September might wreak havoc on that goal. :D
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:52 am

katraya wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:New personal goal: 145 by Christmas (just in time to pack it right back on! ;) ). Currently weighing in at 155. I'd originally thought to shoot for 140, but I think that'd be overkill, thereby making it impossible and frustrating if I didn't hit target.

I'll eat nothing all week before you come!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby sahiel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:54 am

Nikachelle wrote:
katraya wrote:

I'll eat nothing all week before you come!

In vaguely related news whenever I have skipped going on my morning run and then see one of your 10k run posts on facebook I immediately feel bad and make sure I don't skip again for ages, you're my secret motivator! ;)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:21 pm

sahiel wrote:In vaguely related news whenever I have skipped going on my morning run and then see one of your 10k run posts on facebook I immediately feel bad and make sure I don't skip again for ages, you're my secret motivator! ;)

Ahahaha! That's awesome! I'm doing an 8k after work today! (And now that I've said it here, I HAVE to do it! ;) )
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby sahiel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Arrrrg! The pressure! I shall run until I drop tomorrow morning! ;)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Please tell me you run in the same manner that your avatar moves.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby sahiel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Wait... is there any other way for a human to move? It simply looks faster when I run! :P
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:19 am

sahiel wrote:Wait... is there any other way for a human to move? It simply looks faster when I run! :P

*thumbs up*
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:23 am

I see this posted often on Tumblr and it makes me laugh every time.

Men's magazine on eating right: STEAK PROTEIN EAT A WHOLE DANG COW EAT YOUR LOCAL BOOK CLUB FOR AN EXTRA ENERGY BOOST PROTEIN HOO HAH

Women's magazine on eating right: One piece of lettuce a day with a side of two slices of skinless apple (the skin has extra calories! YUCK!) Want to treat yourself? Indulge in a plate of rabbit food with yummy diet water sauce for an extra kick!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:23 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Shoju wrote:73.5 pounds down since end of feb / beginning of march. My metabolism feels like it's in overdrive the past couple of weeks.

That's some really impressive progress!

Shoju I'm curious what you do for a living? if you don't mind sharing

(you should be a motivational speaker! ha ha ha. no actually I was really just curious.)

I am.... Uh... Well... Here is what I do. I don't have a neat title to cover it all.

I designed, built, and implemented the website for the company I work for.
I do their logo work.
I do a fair share of our design work for advertising.
I do all of our Photography work.
I work with our advertising partners for ad campaigns.
I manage their social media. Currently a FB account, and an oft neglected twitter account. Our Customers aren't very hip to Tweets.
I manage their day to day Network needs (with a lot of help from google)
I manage the day to day maintenance / help desk for the computers on said network.
I manage the sales from the website I designed (and really want to redesign)
I manage the ebay sales
I handle incoming phone orders
I handle all Customer Service questions / needs / concerns / complaints that come in electronically.
I pull, pack, and ship all orders that I handle.
I arrange LTL Shipments of products leaving our company
I locate items that we use in the repair of Military Vehicles that we sell
I locate items for customers in any of our 13 widely different departments, Save the housewares department. Since that is a pet project of one of the VP's, she handles that.

So my day is pretty crazy. I relish the moments I get to spend on here, cruising posts, and not just having it loaded in a tab in the background.
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:05 am

How many hours a week is that? Are you ever on-call during off hours?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Lieris » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:47 am

3lbs this week. I should probably slow down once summer is over otherwise I think my skin will hate me. If anyone has any experience regarding skin elasticity and weight loss or has any articles handy I'd love to hear from you.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby katraya » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:50 am

Nikachelle wrote:I see this posted often on Tumblr and it makes me laugh every time.

Men's magazine on eating right: STEAK PROTEIN EAT A WHOLE DANG COW EAT YOUR LOCAL BOOK CLUB FOR AN EXTRA ENERGY BOOST PROTEIN HOO HAH

Women's magazine on eating right: One piece of lettuce a day with a side of two slices of skinless apple (the skin has extra calories! YUCK!) Want to treat yourself? Indulge in a plate of rabbit food with yummy diet water sauce for an extra kick!

I love this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxyZ71k99zo
katraya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum