Remove Advertisements

Perhaps He Can Help The Penguins Get That Killer Instinct

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Perhaps He Can Help The Penguins Get That Killer Instinct

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:07 pm

More evidence that Pennsylvania is the worst state in the union

SOUTH FAYETTE TWP., Pa. -- Investigators in South Fayette said a man attacked and killed his wife because she was mad he stayed up late to watch the Penguins game.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Re: Perhaps He Can Help The Penguins Get That Killer Instinct

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:45 pm

What do you have against Pennsylvania?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Aelissa » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:46 pm

I know I should say something amusing about Pennsylvania or Penguins, but I honestly just find it tragic. These people spent eight years together, then the husband just snaps after a row over something as silly as a sports match (I am European so I have no clue what sport these penguins are into), and stabs his wife a few times, hits her over the head a few times with a hammer, and then sets fire to the house thinking that'll make sure he won't get caught for it.

What the hell was going through his mind in these moments? Seriously.

I just hope they didn't have children. Back in my hometown some guy had murdered his wife after a row, and buried her in the back yard. She was reported missing, and it took a while for the police to find out what happened (a neighbour had seen the murderer pour concrete into his garden in the middle of the night). Now, these two had children (I vaguely knew their son, who was a teenager of about my age) and they had to come to grips with the fact that their father had murdered their mother. Basicely, I can imagine they will never forgive their father, so they lost both their parents from this.

So I am just wondering, what causes stuff like this? Is it years of built up frustration, is it just some screw loose in some people? How do you go from boring housefather to psycho axe-wielding maniac?
Aelissa

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:03 pm

Fridmarr wrote:What do you have against Pennsylvania?

Half my family.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Flex wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:What do you have against Pennsylvania?

Half my family.

Well I grew up there, and my wife and all her family is also from there, so I can appreciate that. That said, it's a great state.

Aelissa, the Penguins are a hockey team in Pittsburgh and in the process of attempting to defend their championship, the league playoffs just started last week. I'm assuming the argument escalated and ultimately went way beyond hockey into other issues between the two, though I truly have no idea. It's unlikely we'd ever be able to understand what could cause a person to "snap" in such a way.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Arnock » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:13 pm

Unless the person in question had very severe mental issues already, I highly doubt that he killed his wife over a simple hockey game.

Like fridmarr said, the couple probably already had a history of trouble, and the game argument probably sparked off a rather large altercation in which a lot of other issues were brought up. One thing I've noticed, is that unfortunately a lot of couples tend to store up hurts and issues to be brought up again in an unrelated debate as 'ammunition'

That, and alchohol was probably involved
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Return to Arkham Asylum