Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG game

Postby Passionario » Sun May 02, 2010 9:54 am

Thornir wrote:I just beat Argali in a duel, but passionario stacks too much defense, so I'm gonna try to tackle him again with some Pen charms (if he doesn't move out of Eversweep first :P )

Good luck with that. :D

On a related note, I got "David & Goliath" achievement today.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Fridmarr » Sun May 02, 2010 9:59 am

/flees Eversweep...
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Argali » Sun May 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Thornir wrote:I just beat Argali in a duel, but passionario stacks too much defense, so I'm gonna try to tackle him again with some Pen charms (if he doesn't move out of Eversweep first :P )

Do you remember the battle details? I've got a full turtling deck that's chock full of armor and wards, I'm just not sure if I set up the default deck settings right. Still, since it's half armor, half ward, I suppose it loses to a balanced deck.

CUUURRRSEEEE YOUUUU!

I was looking at my event feed for you, but apparently I cleared it earlier >_<
Argali

Postby Shamora » Sun May 02, 2010 5:34 pm

So I've been reading this thread for a while and decided to browse the wiki a bit. I finally decided to try playing and set my goal on Slayer. Lightning and Twinblades just appealed to me. I figured out that AP is 20 every two hours, jobs/travel are every 24 hours, and I found out that dungeons are every 12 hours and pet events are every 5? hours. Is there anything else like this or are these the only things that are limited in this way? Also is there an application or anything that can alert me when these things reset?
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Thornir » Sun May 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Argali wrote:

Do you remember the battle details? I've got a full turtling deck that's chock full of armor and wards, I'm just not sure if I set up the default deck settings right. Still, since it's half armor, half ward, I suppose it loses to a balanced deck.

CUUURRRSEEEE YOUUUU!

I was looking at my event feed for you, but apparently I cleared it earlier >_<

I have the fight saved on Thornir, but I'm getting a 504 at the moment with the site. >:-/

I'll PM you the fight details.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Mex » Sun May 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Shamora wrote:So I've been reading this thread for a while and decided to browse the wiki a bit. I finally decided to try playing and set my goal on Slayer. Lightning and Twinblades just appealed to me. I figured out that AP is 20 every two hours, jobs/travel are every 24 hours, and I found out that dungeons are every 12 hours and pet events are every 5? hours. Is there anything else like this or are these the only things that are limited in this way? Also is there an application or anything that can alert me when these things reset?

Pet feeding resets every 2 hours, and I believe that pet races are every 6. From what I understand, the game's servers are run out of France, and reset at 8am and 8pm Paris local time, which means that they may vary slightly throughout the year, depending on which hemisphere you're in, daylight savings, etc.

I'm not sure about apps, but I do use two greasemonkey scripts which are both invaluable to me. AllInOne allows you to do a whole range of really cool stuff, like multiple gathering / arena fights, attacking players from the inspect page, saving extra gear templates (you can still only rotate between the four, but you can save different sets to use for those four), and lots of other stuff too. Estiah Available Skills is fantastic for a bar-filler such as myself. When you activate it, it saves your data and takes you to a webpage which shows you which skills are available, how to get them, and what benefits they'll grant. It's a really great way to tell at-a-glance which skills you need to be working on.
Mex

Postby Shamora » Mon May 03, 2010 12:13 am

Thanks I'll take a look into those. One other question, I decided on Slayer but does it matter how I get there so long as I have the necessary stats and skills? In other words is there a difference between Scout>Shaman>Slayer and Novice>Sage>Slayer?
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Mex » Mon May 03, 2010 1:55 am

The difference is largely in the experience you have during 20-40. Scout -> Shaman tends to give a good selection of EA and DoT charms, while Novice -> Sage will give you ward projection (deals damage based on your current ward) and buff / debuff charms (weaken your opponent's magic, strengthen yours). Scout -> Shaman "fits" with the traditional Slayer playstyle better, and the Scout EA charms have really good longevity. On the other hand, sage mana bane charms can shut down enemy casters hard, but lack the power to really last past 45.

Really, it comes down to which playstyle you think you'll enjoy most 20->40.
Mex

Postby Candiru » Mon May 03, 2010 4:00 am

Thanks for the soul dust Passionario ! :)
Candiru

Postby Argali » Mon May 03, 2010 5:16 am

I wasn't really interested in making alts, but now I will.

To scout other cities goods trends to buy/sell to make golds!
Argali

Postby guillex » Mon May 03, 2010 5:01 pm

Well arrgh.

Guillex has inadvertently gotten two more levels (more because I haven't been paying attention, lol), so now I'm level 9. But at least I get to be an Alchemist's Guinea Pig/Mailman.

I think I'm going to spend a bit of time in Zeal (seeing as I can't do Holygrace Square/Pirates anymore), but mostly because of the Tied Hammer. I'm hoping to get 24 more soul dusts for more Battle Hammers, but hey, we'll see how it goes. I just want to get my Mace skill up as far as it can go before I need to get it up to 4 for Paladin.

I'm terrible at PvP, though.

How've you guys been doing?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Mex » Mon May 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Don't feel you have to grind your primary skills, they will come naturally as you do difficult (progression) content that requires your best charms. You can't get maces R2 until level 10, R3 until 20, and R4 until 30 anyhow. 10 levels is plenty to fill out the bars on your best charms.

I've taken a bit of a break from PvP. I did well in mid-teens coliseum, and won 4-5 rounds, but as I levelled, the gap in hp got bigger and I found myself facing people with 80 more HP than me. Level 20 brings a whole new range of HP skills, so once I've farmed those and hit level 22 for the charms there, I'll give it another go. 50 more HP makes much more of a difference at 200 hp than it does at 400.
Mex

Postby Passionario » Mon May 03, 2010 10:58 pm

Note to self: Don't tag two different decks as "defense default". If you do, the wrong one will be chosen 4 times out of 5.

-------

In regards to HP/Spi skills, it appears that I've missed out on more than just Heroism. My Leadership and Defender are nonexistent as well, and the next available option to level them is still far away. Skipping Explorer/TH and doing mundane jobs instead of the ones providing First Aid and Discipline doesn't help, either. And Mentoring's safety cushion only goes so far... :(

I guess I'll have to write my initial batch of characters as "gimped PvE-only glass cannons", and start levelling sturdy resilient PvP twinks from scratch.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Mex » Tue May 04, 2010 12:20 am

+HP skills aren't that critical to PvP. They're really only a serious issue when you're doing coliseum in the mid-late teens bracket, and you're fighting people with +100 HP on you. It's at this level where twinks can really thrive, because they just level up without doing any jobs at all, and simply spending 6+ months doing nothing but gathering. They don't even level gathering past R1, they just keep doing casual gathering for 0 skill points and the chance for an easy extreme skillup.

I'm missing a fair few +HP and spirit skills. I never levelled defender, or iron will, or first aid. I'm still only ~80/100 discipline R1, and still only have R1 treasure hunter, explorer, and extreme gatherings. For the most part, +HP skills are huge AP sink, and I just don't find levelling them enjoyable. I'd rather play at a slight disadvantage, but be able to enjoy spending my AP on checking out new dungeons, trying different deck setups, trying to raise my PvP rating, etc.

I've also just hit 20, which means that I've got access to whole new ranks of Survival, Spirituality, Courage, etc. Spirituality costs me 12 AP for 3/180. That's 720 AP, or three days straight of grinding in arena. Honestly I'd prefer to spend that time doing Icecloud Ruins and The "Game" (one of the best dungeons I've come across so far!), even if it means I don't get Spirituality R2 done for another 2 weeks.

You have to set aside some time to actually enjoy the game :)

Oh, and you shouldn't really have to feel like you're writing a character off. You can level HP skills at any time. Some, like cheat death, are slightly easier at low levels, but my guild leader missed almost all of them, and currently has one of the highest HP values at his level in the entire game.
Mex

Postby Candiru » Tue May 04, 2010 1:14 am

If you are going to make more alts, and want a mentor http://www.estiah.com/user/register/index/id/77014 :p

I'm now level 10 and leveling Heroism at the Thunderock Canyon in Eclis, its pretty easy to do as the fights are all gimmiky. Fight 1: stack melee, 2: stack magic, 3:Stack penetration. I'm getting lots of charms dropping which I will never be able to use though :(
Candiru

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum