Remove Advertisements

Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG [Maintankadin guild is up!]

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Estiah -- Browser-based MMORPG game

Postby Passionario » Wed May 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Argali wrote:FFS, I was using my recklessness deck, and therefore failed to take down Thornir and Passio.

I'm a heavily armored/warded turtle. I kill people by smothering them.

If you can't kill me with a reckless assault, adding defense charms isn't going to help.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Argali » Thu May 06, 2010 4:43 am

Imah lazee, so I use the skip function, cause either way, I don't have that much charm variety to tweak mah decks, do I don't actually know what deck you used xD
Argali

Postby Shamora » Thu May 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Unless I'm mistaken you don't gain skill points on opponents that are 4 or more levels lower then you. So I just hit level 5 and I shouldn't gain any skills on the first fight in the sewer, but what about the second and third fight where some foes are level 1 and the others are within range?
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Mex » Thu May 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Skillup formulas are still a bit unclear, but the short answer is that yes, you will still gain skills, simply not as many as you would if all the opponents were within 3 levels of you.
Mex

Postby Shamora » Thu May 06, 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Was trying to decide if I should still run the sewer or not. Probably not going to if I don't get the full effect for my AP.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Shamora

Postby Mex » Fri May 07, 2010 1:22 am

Sewer's worth running until you've maxed Sewer Cleaner (you can check your progress by going to the skills page, and clicking the Renown tab), because that gives you 500g. Maxing it requires 5 full clears, and yeah at the rate you level, the charms aren't really worth doing it for past that.
Mex

Postby Passionario » Fri May 07, 2010 2:05 am

Mex wrote:Sewer's worth running until you've maxed Sewer Cleaner (you can check your progress by going to the skills page, and clicking the Renown tab), because that gives you 500g. Maxing it requires 5 full clears, and yeah at the rate you level, the charms aren't really worth doing it for past that.

Unless you want the useless "Collect 60 Fleas" achievement. :)

Edit: Naughty Thornir, trying to gank people 2 levels below you. :P
Passionario

Postby Candiru » Fri May 07, 2010 4:52 am

Wow! that's a lot of armour charms Passionario. Shame I have more spirit than you and so win by default (and collect 200g bounty!)

If you are trying to kill someone packing serious armour/ward, I guess the best way is to go all out magic or melee and use all either armour/ward destruction or penetration spells?

If I used all holy charms I could punch through the wards quite a lot, but I don't think I'd do enough damage to kill with your high HP.
Candiru

Postby Passionario » Fri May 07, 2010 5:01 am

Candiru wrote:Wow! that's a lot of armour charms Passionario. Shame I have more spirit than you and so win by default (and collect 200g bounty!)

Yeah, I kinda shot myself in the foot in this regard by not levelling Heroism in IBT. :(

Grats on the bounty.
Passionario

Postby Candiru » Fri May 07, 2010 5:08 am

I leveled heroism in the Eclis thunder-rock cavern, very easy to do at level 10!

Its just 3 gimmik fights, one is all armour, so just use all magic. Next is all ward, so use all melee.

Last one is massive cumalitive ward/armour but only 40HP and only 1/3 damage charms. (But loads of destroy armour/ward and shifting damage) so just stack full Holy/Daggers/Frost and nuke through.
Candiru

Postby Passionario » Fri May 07, 2010 5:14 am

*glances at his 13/15 level growth bar*
*glances at the 171/180 Mentoring Bar*

Looks like I'm going to miss that dungeon, as well, and head directly for Rooftop Rush.
Passionario

Postby Candiru » Fri May 07, 2010 6:09 am

I haven't done rooftop rush yet, I'm going to try to farm thunderrock a little more first since there are some charms I want that never drop :(

I'm also going to craft some of the nice DoT charms from the shop there. There is a nice one which does 2(100%)*10 damage which I'll add to my penetration deck. 5 of them should help kill people nicely with 100 damage which pierces everything as well as stripping away ward a bit.

I guess bounties are the only way to send money in this game? You stick a bounty on someone who 1 level away from your friend and is beatable, and your friend beats them up and takes 20% of it.

Not very efficient way to move money though!
Candiru

Postby Argali » Fri May 07, 2010 7:11 am

Next up after recklessness is cruelty, bwahahahahah! All those lvl 6 n00bs are going to die!
Argali

Postby Shamora » Fri May 07, 2010 7:40 am

Mex wrote:Sewer's worth running until you've maxed Sewer Cleaner (you can check your progress by going to the skills page, and clicking the Renown tab), because that gives you 500g. Maxing it requires 5 full clears, and yeah at the rate you level, the charms aren't really worth doing it for past that.

Yeah I've cleared it enough to have five of each charm from there. Just a couple battles away from having Spirituality and 2/3s of the way through Tactician.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Shamora

Postby Mex » Fri May 07, 2010 7:44 am

There are a few ways to counter turtle decks. You can just flat out overpower them with very high damage charms (eg axes + maces or fire + shadow), which tends to work especially well with +next damage charms. You hit them with a damage charm, they play some armour, you play a +dmg charm, they play armour (which is then wasted, because you didn't take any of their armour off last round), then you play a damage charm which hits super hard, wiping their armour and doing a large amount of damage. You can also go at them with spirit, which is VERY powerful if they have no spirit of their own, or low willpower. I haven't seen penetration work, but then I haven't seen a really well construction twin-blade / sword deck at low levels yet (since they fail horribly any absolutely anything that isn't turtle, whereas the above two options have more versatility against other deck types).
Mex

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum