Remove Advertisements

Converting from Lux to Irradiance? (halp)

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Converting from Lux to Irradiance? (halp)

Postby theckhd » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Look at my first post in the topic for a start. But it depends a lot on what exactly your source and detector configurations are. If you have a monochromatic source it's very easy, and the post I made should be all you need. If you have a more complicated setup or more limited information, then the problem's a little more complicated.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Re: Converting from Lux to Irradiance? (halp)

Postby sahiel » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Nothing helpful from me but I had to say... goodness, and I thought Thecks math on tanking was impressive!

This bought back all the laser physics I studied at Uni, sadly not as much as I would have liked since I was majoring in Geophysics, but still, a super interesting read :)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum