Any big pro wrestling fans on MT?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Any big pro wrestling fans on MT?

Postby Jerex » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:33 am

Halcya wrote:
I know some of the Hooter's around Knoxville also show the PPVs, but I'm not sure if they are gonna show Wrestlemania or not.

Wait, there's multiple MT'ers in Knoxville?

/hijack

Just call us...

Wait for it...

KnoxVegas, baby!
Jerex

Postby Jerex » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Despite seemingly killing this thread with my "KnoxVegas" reference, I have one thing to say:

Wrestlemania. I'm ready.
Jerex

Postby Skwigelf » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:45 am

I really hope Vince doesn't have Shawn Michaels beat Undertaker.

The only way Taker should be beaten at WM is if WWE has a young up and coming guy that they think can carry the company for the next 7-10 years. Since they don't currently have a guy like that on their roster, let Taker retire with his 17-0 record or whatever it is.

Both these guys will be retiring soon anyways, so having Shawn win does nothing to further any story lines. It's basically just another notch on Shawn Michaels belt before he retires, at the cost of Undertakers legacy. Everyone knows Taker is at the end of the line. It's why he's pretty much just been wrestling at PPVs for the last few years. He's one of the longest lasting workers in WWE history and he's given the company everything. At least let him retire with his record intact.

Basically, there are some records in this scripted world of Wrestling that shouldn't be touched. Takers WM victory streak and Flairs Title number shouldn't be broken.

P.S. How many people realize that guys like Edge, John Cena, Batista and Randy Orton have as many or more Title reigns than Bret Hart? That's a travesty. None of those guys could lace Bret's boots as far as in ring talent goes.
Skwigelf

Postby Jerex » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah, I don't see the Streak ending this year. I'm not sure how they're going to work it, but I really don't think Michaels will be done this year either. Something will happen to appease both stars, I think.
Jerex

Postby Lightbeard » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:30 pm

I think Michaels is retiring

Wrestlemania wooo
Lightbeard

Postby Jerex » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 pm

The STREAK lives! HBK is gone. Muahahahaha!
Jerex

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 am

i was hoping someone would comment on that!
(and as a taker fan, i was hoping he wouldnt lose that record!)

oh and i agree that takers record at WM and Flairs Championship record should NEVER be broken, maybe tied (isnt HHH at like 14?) but not broken.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Jerex » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:41 am

Unfortunately, and I stress that sentiment, John Cena won the WWE championship. But, never fear, Dave will be back.

I was mildly upset that HBK's not going to be around anymore, but meh, he had a good run.

Also, Jack Sthwagger? What the hell is up with him winning $$$ in the Bank?
Jerex

Postby Hokahey » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am

It was my understanding that 'taker has winning at Wrestlemania in his contract. I've also been told that HBK had impending surgery.

HBK will be back, though perhaps not in the same capacity, and perhaps not for quite a while.
Hokahey

Postby Jerex » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:00 pm

Hokahey wrote:It was my understanding that 'taker has winning at Wrestlemania in his contract. I've also been told that HBK had impending surgery.

HBK will be back, though perhaps not in the same capacity, and perhaps not for quite a while.

Either that, or he'll go over to TNA where all the other old ones have gone.
Jerex

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Jerex wrote:
Hokahey wrote:It was my understanding that 'taker has winning at Wrestlemania in his contract. I've also been told that HBK had impending surgery.

Either that, or he'll go over to TNA where all the other old ones have gone.

(with the exception of Jeff Hardy oc! :) )

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Lightbeard » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:57 pm

The Taker vs Michaels match had me on edge the ending was beautiful though even moreso then the Michaels vs Flair retirement match.

With the Money in the Back Jack Swagger winning was a huge shock he was so happy when he unhooked the briefcase though. I think he will lose the briefcase though in the same way Mr.Kennedy did
Lightbeard

Postby Jerex » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 am

Lightbeard wrote:The Taker vs Michaels match had me on edge the ending was beautiful though even moreso then the Michaels vs Flair retirement match.

With the Money in the Back Jack Swagger winning was a huge shock he was so happy when he unhooked the briefcase though. I think he will lose the briefcase though in the same way Mr.Kennedy did

I found it freaking hilarious that it took him so long to unhook that briefcase... The ring was completely empty, and it took him a good 45 seconds to get the case down.

And yeah, HBK doing the throat cut and slap there at the end? That was freakin' awesome. Taker got pissed. Tombstone ftw.
Jerex

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Either Swagger really had trouble unhooking it or he wasn't supposed to win and couldn't stall any longer.
Lightbeard

Postby Jerex » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Well, it appears Michaels is really gone. According to Wikipedia (which we know is never wrong) he stated in an interview with WWE that he was really upset when Flair came back to wrestling after the loss to Michaels was supposed to end his career, obviously throwing doubt on the prospect of Shawn coming back at any point. Plus, on Raw he specifically said he will do everything in his power to ensure that he doesn't wrestle again.

It's a sad week for wrestling fans.
Jerex

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum