Any big pro wrestling fans on MT?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Any big pro wrestling fans on MT?

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:30 pm

After a few years of not watching it I began to watch wrestling again in January needless to say I was excited about the return of the MOnday Night War between TNA and the WWE. If there are any pro wrestling fans on MT i'd love to hear your opinions on last Monday (3/8/10)
Lightbeard

Re: Any big pro wrestling fans on MT?

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:48 pm

i used to watch Raw on Mondays TNA on thursdays (at work FTW!) and if i could find it Smackdown on Fri, but ever since they left upn ive been without the Undertaker!

as far as last monday...
do you want discussion about raw or tna?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:11 pm

What show people thought was better or thoughts about one or the other
Lightbeard

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:14 pm

well i didnt watch tna but i did get most of raw

i missed the very begining (dam it i missed the HBK/Undertaker showdown) but the rest of the show was failry good

and the main event went down just how i expected it, i knew vince wouldnt get his hands dirty and actually take on john cena one on one
although i wish i could get Wrestlemania with how the card is coming together, that will be one HELL of a Money in the Bank ladder match!

do you watch NXT?

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Anacharial » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Used to be but not anymore, I really liked TNA until they pulled in Hogan and all of the ex WWE/WCW guys.

I missed the recent TNA event (RVD in TNA now, yay but meh another guy to clutter the roster) and WWE too.

Really want to watch Wrestlemania just for HBK vs Taker round 2.
Once a Sinner always a Sinner..
Anacharial

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Gonna try not to spoiler too much but on WWE HBK and Taker spent like 15min saying the same things they've been saying for the past 2 weeks.

We got to see William Regal job out to Evan Bourne with Christian commentating (its obvious he's gonna win money in the bank).

Triple H and Sheamus cut a Wrestlemania promo. Showmiz fought a match vs R-truth and Morrison which confused me because they are booked for Wrestlemania, ended in a DQ of course.

Orton won a handicap match vs Rhodes/Dibiase.

O also there was a DIVA's match i fastforwarded through.

As for TNA they've been hyping up this episode for weeks and it got a 1.0 rating which I hear is lower then WWE NXT.

and Yes i watch WWE NXT
Lightbeard

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:26 pm

lol thank you for the run down

i thought RVD retired for good?
oh well
i agree it was alot better before Angle, Scott Stiner and Booker T all showed up.
Sting was alright because he fit in the show.

as far as NXT whos your fav rookies?

bldavis

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Anacharial wrote:Used to be but not anymore, I really liked TNA until they pulled in Hogan and all of the ex WWE/WCW guys.

I missed the recent TNA event (RVD in TNA now, yay but meh another guy to clutter the roster) and WWE too.

Really want to watch Wrestlemania just for HBK vs Taker round 2.

o god RVD's debut was so horrible you didnt miss anything. As for a TNA recap.

Match #1 Hogan+Abyss vs Flair/Styles
It was ok Sting returned though as a heel and beat the crap out of Hogan and Abyss with a bat. Hogan says they will have a rematch the same night but it will be No DQ.

Backstage Sting shoves Dixie carter and she puts him in a match.

Kazarian is cutting a promo and interrupted by Daniels and Doug Williams (X Division Champ)

Match 2# Bischoff annouces Kaz's match is tonight and it will be a triple threat. Doug Williams wins then Shannon Moore comes out beats up Williams and Bischoff says Moore gets a title shot at the PPV which confused me as well because he did nothing to earn a spot so Kazarian's #1 contender spot was wasted.

Bischoff also annouced he wanted to hype up the X Division more.

Match 3# A Knockout's match I fastforwarded Beautiful People win the vacant Knockouts title

Pope gets attacked by Desmond Wolfe during a interview and then after commercial we get to see champagne poured on hot chicks.

Match 4# and here is where it all goes downhill. Sting waits in the ring for his opponent RVD (one of my favorite wrestlers) returns to some crappy music. He beats Sting in 9 seconds afterwhich Sting beats the crap out of him with a bat for about 10 minutes. Hogan comes out and secruity gets involved and its just a clusterfuck.

Nash/Young cut a promo and setup a match at the PPV vs Syxx Pac and Scott Hall

Kurt Angle comes out with a ton of army people standing ringside. Kennedy interrupts him but Kurt finds him and drags him to the ring and Kennedy gets beat up by Angle and the soldiers. They set up a match for PPV.

Beer Money who I assumed were gonna be the heels in the tag team match for the titles vs Hernandez and Morgan suddenly turned heel. They are in a handicap match vs Jarret (Foley as Ref which i dont think is explained).

Beer Money gets the crap out of Jeff

Last match

Hogan+Abyss vs Styles/Flair rematch no DQ

Its better then expected Hogan and Flair are so bloody by the end. Hogan tosses AJ into a Black Hole Slam and Abyss pins. Desmond Wolfe comes out and attacks them then Pope comes out and attacks Wolfe then Jeff Hardy returns and attacks but his debut is cut short cause the show ran long and anyone recording it on DVR won't see the end.

I wouldve went more in depth but i am pressed for time.

Long story short TNA put on a mediocre show but so did Raw
Lightbeard

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:40 pm

bldavis wrote:lol thank you for the run down

i thought RVD retired for good?
oh well
i agree it was alot better before Angle, Scott Stiner and Booker T all showed up.
Sting was alright because he fit in the show.

as far as NXT whos your fav rookies?

I think Daniel Bryan will definitely make it in the WWE he already has a decent storyline plus he's had 10+ years experience already. Right now he's 0-3 so he's not showing his full potential yet. I think Wade Barret and Otunga will be fine as well everyone else is mediocre at best and will probaly go back to FCW or end up jobbers
Lightbeard

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:45 pm

holy shit i need to watch tna again

bischoff - eric bischoff? former gm of raw eric bischoff?

and flair? pls dont tell me the nature boy is in tna!

and recently they have been all kinda mediocre

bldavis

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:06 pm

bldavis wrote:holy shit i need to watch tna again

bischoff - eric bischoff? former gm of raw eric bischoff?

and flair? pls dont tell me the nature boy is in tna!

and recently they have been all kinda mediocre

On like Janauary 4th Hogan came to TNA and Flair debuted as well. Eric Bischoff has been on TNA for i dunno how long i havent watched TNA for a long time. They needed someone like Bischoff though cause he used to run WCW
Lightbeard

Postby Gracerath » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:15 pm

I was back in the 90's. All this new crap is horrible but maybe thats cause I've just grown past it. I'm not sure why I was able to stand the terrible drama then and not now but there it is.

I think I really lost interest after the Montreal screwjob. I was a huge Bret Hart fan and it was pretty crushing to me at the time! Plus the whole creation of Degeneration X, bleh. I also hate McMahon as the owner instead of a commentator. The best times was with McMahon, Jerry the King Lawler and Macho Man as the ringside commentators. I would watch Monday Night Raw pretty religiously back then.

As I look back it was all equally lame but I enjoyed it then and I loathe it all now.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Gracerath wrote:I was back in the 90's. All this new crap is horrible but maybe thats cause I've just grown past it. I'm not sure why I was able to stand the terrible drama then and not now but there it is.

I think I really lost interest after the Montreal screwjob. I was a huge Bret Hart fan and it was pretty crushing to me at the time! Plus the whole creation of Degeneration X, bleh. I also hate McMahon as the owner instead of a commentator. The best times was with McMahon, Jerry the King Lawler and Macho Man as the ringside commentators. I would watch Monday Night Raw pretty religiously back then.

As I look back it was all equally lame but I enjoyed it then and I loathe it all now.

all i can say is you would like Wrestlemania this year then

Undertaker vs Shawn Micheals, if HBK looses its his career (ya right lol)

and Hitman vs Vince McMahon (ya like that wont end in contreversy!)

oh and HHH is in a match too but big whoop hes taking on a nobody trying to make a name

bldavis

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 pm

I think Shawn and Taker are both taking some time off after Mania

Sheamus is one of my favorite wrestlers out right now but WWE really went no where with him. They shouldve let him keep his title till Mania and lose it in a fair match.
Lightbeard

Postby Hokahey » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:53 am

I was a big WWF/WWE fan for a very long time, and enjoyed the other wrestling promotions to some degree as well. I stopped watching after WWE absorbed most of WCW's roster. There was this fantastic oppurtunity to have some of the greatest talent in the industry in the ring together. Instead, it felt like they chose forced storylines to result with the former WCW stars all being heels at best, or just plain jobbers.

Plus, they kept making Kane, who'd been my personal favorite wrestler for some time, progressively lamer, all while still making him the "threat everyone fears" without ever winning any matches of importance. Kane himself seemed to be phoning it in on his matches anyhow, by the time I stopped watching, just following the script. Show up, look intimidating, chokeslam, get hit in head with blunt object (almost no one beats Kane in a "fair" match), lose, collect paycheck.
Hokahey

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum