Remove Advertisements

Final Fantasy XIII

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:31 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Delphineas wrote:What does genki mean? And while I am at it, sempai with an "N" or "M"? Sonds interchangable from the anime I've seen, but unsure or the "proper" Japanese.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenkiGirl

Stay the fuck away from tvtropes.org unless you have several hours to burn.

Also, senpai is generally romanized as sempai, as that's how it sounds. In most dialects, the Japanese N is pronounced "m" when it preceeds certain phonemes, such a "p."

Snake-Aes wrote:Also, Quisris >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rinoa

Smart is sexy.

Trope entry on Selphie
Beware the nice ones: Selphie of Final Fantasy VIII. She's a cute, perky, friendly sixteen-year-old Genki Girl. She's also a trained mercenary with a highly-developed sense of overkill, and if you make her mad, she'll see to it that you become a smear of red gel on the pavement. Or, if you make her really mad, she'll wish you into the cornfield with her Limit "The End".
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:01 am

Nakama wrote:Personally, I'm with Barristan here. I like playing the game so far and, while I can understand some of the irritation with the gameplay, the Paradigm Shift part seems to make a lot of difference in how battles come out. Setting them up correctly and using them efficiently is important. I like that I don't have to try to find a billion different things like I was with Dragon Age (love that game too).

You could probably play the entire game as Com/Rav/Med or Com/Sen/Med and just press X the entire time for auto battle.

Nakama wrote:The one thing I would like is more options on what to develop via the Crystogenesis. I mean, so far, it's just "Max out current role, max out secondary role, get close on third role, map expands, rinse and repeat". The only choice I've had to make so far is going for an ability instead of a stat increase, only to get the points to come back and get that stat increase fairly shortly thereafter.

I've done some choice grinding at two points in the game. When I started Chapter 9, I was able to fully develop all three jobs for Lightning, Snow, and Hope. I fully developed two of Fang's roles, and the third was fully developed except for Role Level 3, which was around 650/2000 CP. I did this through two fantastic grind locations.

The first was in Chapter 5 (?), the bioweapon research area with Lightning/Hope. You descend an elevator, there is a save point, then you encounter a group of 6 leeches. You get some very nice CP for that, and if you spam Fira with Hope the battle goes very quick. Run back to the elevator and take it up/down and they will respawn. I did that grind until I finished Lightning/Hope's development available.

The second was in Chapter 8 with Vanille and Sazh. There's a group of 5 Zwergdroids circling a treasure sphere worth 640 CP (abilities at this point cost about 1000CP each) that is very close to a save point. Kill them, run to the previous treasure sphere that is guarded by 1 Zwergdroid, and run back and the 5 Zwergdroids will respawn. The group of 5 takes about 20-25s to kill, just use Blitz with Sazh.

That leads me to my current situation where all my characters have well over 10000 CP stockpiled in Chapter 9, which I haven't finished.

--

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Levantine wrote:Quistis talks? I thought she was just the eyecandy. :O

No, Rinoa was the eyecandy. Quistis was the "older mentor" type character, and Selphie was the younger, moe archetype.

Yep, an by "older mentor" we mean 18 years old. Compared to the usual <18yo female characters in Final Fantasy. Actually, this is the first time I think that two of the female party members are 18+ (Lightning/Fang).

--

fuzzygeek wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Also, Quisris >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rinoa

Smart is sexy.

Am I the only one that thought Quistis when I saw the female Colonel and wanted her to punish me. :oops:
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:03 am

Talderas wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Levantine wrote:Quistis talks? I thought she was just the eyecandy. :O

No, Rinoa was the eyecandy. Quistis was the "older mentor" type character, and Selphie was the younger, moe archetype.

Yep, an by "older mentor" we mean 18 years old. Compared to the usual <18yo female characters in Final Fantasy. Actually, this is the first time I think that two of the female party members are 18+ (Lightning/Fang).

Yeah, when I first wrote that, I was like "Wait, she's like... the same age as everyone else." Personality wise, she does act a bit as guidance and reason though. I imagine Squall would have been boned without her.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:18 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Yeah, when I first wrote that, I was like "Wait, she's like... the same age as everyone else." Personality wise, she does act a bit as guidance and reason though. I imagine Squall would have been boned without her.

In Final Fantasy you magically become mature and/or brooding if you're female and 18+.

18+ Females in Final Fantasy (that I remember).

Celes: FF6
Quistis: FF8
Freya: FF9
Lulu: FF10
Fran: FF12
Lightning, Fang: FF13
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby Aubade » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:16 am

Talderas wrote:18+ Females in Final Fantasy (that I remember).

Wasn't Tifa 18+?
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:25 am

Aubade wrote:

Wasn't Tifa 18+?

Oh yeah she was, I thought she was 17.

Hmm, Celes and Terra are both 18. I thought Terra was younger. Imagine that, Celes is a general in the friggin Empire at 18!
Talderas

Postby Santcuff » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:27 am

DAMN YOU no electricity DAMN YOU!!!!!

I like FFXIII even with all the bad crap that is there.
I'm on chapter 7 at a really good part and I can't play because of this stupid no power. :evil:
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby Aubade » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 am

Talderas wrote:
Aubade wrote:

Wasn't Tifa 18+?

Oh yeah she was, I thought she was 17.

Hmm, Celes and Terra are both 18. I thought Terra was younger. Imagine that, Celes is a general in the friggin Empire at 18!

I'm also 99% sure Yuna was 18+ Too. Unless y'know, they let minors sacrifice themselves to end calms.

EDIT: To START Calms. I just woke up =[
Aubade

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:36 am

Aubade wrote:I'm also 99% sure Yuna was 18+ Too. Unless y'know, they let minors sacrifice themselves to end calms.

Yuna is 17 in FFX. She's 18 in the game that shall not be mentioned.
Talderas

Postby Aubade » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:42 am

Talderas wrote:
Aubade wrote:I'm also 99% sure Yuna was 18+ Too. Unless y'know, they let minors sacrifice themselves to end calms.

You mean the game I was playing while waiting for my dragon age torrent to finish? And the one I'm going to play when my Dragon age game is done? Yeah.. I like it. FFX-2 Is good. Suck it.
Aubade

Postby Roots » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:43 am

Talderas wrote:

That which cannot be named.

Kinda sad, all these kids accomplishing more at 18 than I likely will before I'm 30. Or I could just go for the older mysterious wise yet strong badass aka Auron/Basch/Cyan
Roots

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:50 am

Roots wrote:Auron/Basch/Cyan

Auron is friggin ancient.

Basch is only 36. I am Basch fon Ronsenburg

Cyan was 50.

No one beats Tellah.
Talderas

Postby Vanifae » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 am

Characterization was never a strong point of the Final Fantasy series.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:01 am

Vanifae wrote:Characterization was never a strong point of the Final Fantasy series.

Token black guys.

Barrett. He's so black he puts you to shame Van.
Talderas

Postby Aubade » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:02 am

Roots wrote:Kinda sad, all these kids accomplishing more at 18 than I likely will before I'm 30. Or I could just go for the older mysterious wise yet strong badass aka Auron/Basch/Cyan

Doesn't it make you want a zombie apocolypse or a governmental demon to show up, just so you can save the day?

I'm still waiting for the day they make the perfect 19 foot sword for me.
Aubade

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum