Remove Advertisements

Final Fantasy XIII

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Postby Barristan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Aubade wrote:My teacher fantasies were started by my 8th grade math teacher.

anyways.

I STILL haven't gotten a chance to play FFXIII Yet. You have no clue how pissed i am about this. (I have STARTED the game and played the first...10-15 minutes of it?) And so far the graphics do not dissapoint and I love that black dude. Sazh is it? WTB Chocobo pet. Anyways. I'll post more when I actually get to play it for a long time.

(Reason I haven't gotten to play it yet is I don't own a PS3 or Xbox360. So I'm playing it at a LAN center that my good friend owns, and I've just been too busy, and the 1 time I went in to play it (Friday) Someone was already using the PS3.....The good part about it is that I get to play it on a 60" Plasma with a new gen PS3 though. =D)

I didn't own a PS3 until about a month ago when I finally bought one in anticipation for God of War 3. Been catching up on the console games in the downtime, so I'm trying to beat 13 before Tuesday.
Barristan

Postby Aedh » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:00 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, everything else in the game at that point seemed about doable, I just couldn't get that one boss fight down. Not sure exactly why, but it went fine in the replay (I think levels were more like the 40s that time). I didn't know that about the monsters levelling with you, though. I was pretty clueless about most stuff, heh (I still don't really understand the Junction system).

Junction: Put a spell on the stat. Thematically appropriate spells are better.

Ultima and Meteor are the exceptions and apply to just about everything.
Triples are good on speed and accuracy. Auras on luck, Ultima on either str or mag, meteor on the other, meltdown on vit, reflect on spirit, full-life on health, pain, death, zerk and the like on status defense / attack, whatever's left on elemental defense.

The sucky part is that means you can't get to use those spells, which can be unnerving for meltdown and aura. (And ultima /meteor for casters). I solved that by playing triple triad for weeks so I could get crafting mats for the permanent stat boosts. Unjunctioned 255 str IN YOUR FACE, GRIEVER. WANNA DRAW MY JUNCTIONED SPELLS? DRAW MY C--@#$@%#!!!

Made me LOL IRL.

Still havent beaten VIII
-sadface-

Only because I wanted to WTFPWN Omega before Ultemecia.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Postby jaeldech » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:18 am

Don't even remember what happened at the end of FFVIII. Kind of iffy on FFXIII, also. Lost interest after FFX.
jaeldech
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:09 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Levantine wrote:Quistis talks? I thought she was just the eyecandy. :O

No, Rinoa was the eyecandy. Quistis was the "older mentor" type character, and Selphie was the younger, moe archetype.

Selphie moe? No wai. She's a genki girl.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:28 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Levantine wrote:Quistis talks? I thought she was just the eyecandy. :O

No, Rinoa was the eyecandy. Quistis was the "older mentor" type character, and Selphie was the younger, moe archetype.

True enough, but I still found her moe at times.
Note: "at times" may or may not refer to SelphiexIrvine fanfiction.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:No, Rinoa was the eyecandy. Quistis was the "older mentor" type character, and Selphie was the younger, moe archetype.

True enough, but I still found her moe at times.
Note: "at times" may or may not refer to SelphiexIrvine fanfiction.

Call the genki moe?
She's genki and up to overkill,not cutesy. tho that's what i like about her.

Also, Quisris >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rinoa
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Xenix » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:07 pm

The beginning of FF13 is a bit annoying with all the random words the encyclopedia doesn't have in it yet. I ended up doing the old grade school trick of substituting "marshmallow" for a word I didn't know and continuing on. Of course, there were so many that I had to keep picking new food items for each word.

By the end of chapter one, I had put it all together. There were these giant marshmallows that cursed people and turned them into tomatoes. If the tomatoes didn't complete their salad in time, they'd be turned into evil oranges. And, for some reason, there's a supposedly good marshmallow that protects the city but all the marshmallows that come from outside are bad. If a bad marshmallow is found in the city, people who might have been contaminated by it are exiled, and in the middle of this all the main characters randomly get turned into tomatoes by a bad marshmallow living inside a pineapple that was about to be destroyed. Now they have to figure out their salad and finish it before they turn into oranges.

Makes perfect sense when I put it that way.
Kimurellia - Holy/Protection Paladin - Scions of Destiny - Eredar-US
Xenix

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Xenix wrote:By the end of chapter one, I had put it all together. There were these giant marshmallows that cursed people and turned them into tomatoes. If the tomatoes didn't complete their salad in time, they'd be turned into evil oranges. And, for some reason, there's a supposedly good marshmallow that protects the city but all the marshmallows that come from outside are bad. If a bad marshmallow is found in the city, people who might have been contaminated by it are exiled, and in the middle of this all the main characters randomly get turned into tomatoes by a bad marshmallow living inside a pineapple that was about to be destroyed. Now they have to figure out their salad and finish it before they turn into oranges.

What.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Xenix » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Well, if you want, you could replace marshmallow with Fal'cie, tomato with l'Cie, pineapple with Vestige, orange with Cie'th and salad with Focus. That was the actual terms, but it still makes just as little sense to anyone who hasn't gotten into chapter 3. :mrgreen: That's pretty much exactly what you have to deal with at the beginning of the game.
Xenix

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Xenix wrote:Well, if you want, you could replace marshmallow with Fal'cie, tomato with l'Cie, pineapple with Vestige, orange with Cie'th and salad with Focus.

What.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Xenix » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Xenix wrote:Well, if you want, you could replace marshmallow with Fal'cie, tomato with l'Cie, pineapple with Vestige, orange with Cie'th and salad with Focus.

What.

Exactly. That's how much sense the story makes until you get a few hours in and can look stuff up in the encyclopedia. :?
Xenix

Postby Amarant_Pally » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:05 pm

FF13 (fuck Roman Numerals) was too ambitious.

/yawn
Amarant_Pally

Postby Delphineas » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:17 pm

What does genki mean? And while I am at it, sempai with an "N" or "M"? Sonds interchangable from the anime I've seen, but unsure or the "proper" Japanese.
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:27 pm

Delphineas wrote:What does genki mean? And while I am at it, sempai with an "N" or "M"? Sonds interchangable from the anime I've seen, but unsure or the "proper" Japanese.

Genki means energetic. I don't think it matters m or n since "proper" Japanese doesn't use our alphabet anyway.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Delphineas wrote:What does genki mean? And while I am at it, sempai with an "N" or "M"? Sonds interchangable from the anime I've seen, but unsure or the "proper" Japanese.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenkiGirl

Stay the fuck away from tvtropes.org unless you have several hours to burn.

Also, senpai is generally romanized as sempai, as that's how it sounds. In most dialects, the Japanese N is pronounced "m" when it preceeds certain phonemes, such a "p."

Snake-Aes wrote:Also, Quisris >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rinoa

Smart is sexy.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum