Things Njall Is Not Allowed to Do While Tanking

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Things Njall Is Not Allowed to Do While Tanking

Postby Mcduffie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Aubade wrote:
Mcduffie wrote:Things Awbade is not allowed to do while tanking:

1. Alt-tab during boss fight discussion.
2. Alt-tab during boss fight discussion.
3. Alt-tab during boss fight discussion.

Also, that Grim Batol was brutal. So glad that guy is gone. But when he gets his computer working again, things might be awkward.

Dude, I hope you like Around the world: Daft punk. 'cause i'll be singing it all raid, I already know all the lyrics.

Please do. Your singing voice, it enchants me so.
Mcduffie

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Njall wrote:Njall is NOT allowed to scream "COBRA!" and use his Bones of Transformation while initiating a pull in Throne of Tides. This confuses the DPS and makes the healer cry.

NAGA FIGHT!

almost as good as a cat fight!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Trav » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Trav is apparently no longer allowed to make language jokes, as preposition (i.e. not an adverb) and proposition are apparently easily confused : p
Trav

Postby Njall » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Trav wrote:Trav is apparently no longer allowed to make language jokes, as preposition (i.e. not an adverb) and proposition are apparently easily confused : p

Oh no, it was a wonderful pun. And so flirty too!
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Njall wrote:
Amirya wrote:
Njall wrote:
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a proposition.

:(

I wouldn't know - has bldavis been propositioning you with his hunter? Lately? Or whatever it is they do...

...though hunter + druid - safesearch = disquieting

Apparently Njall is no longer allowed not to flirt with Amirya. Let it so be written.

He's been trying out his "misdirects" and his "cobra sting", not to mention "heroic leaping" whenever I speak, and "charging" forth into groups.

It's kind of interesting.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Amirya wrote:He's been trying out his "misdirects" and his "cobra sting", not to mention "heroic leaping" whenever I speak, and "charging" forth into groups.

I'll stick with Divine Power, Templar's Verdict, Judgment, Repentance, and Reckoning. But enough about my tastes. And, of course, one always has to have protection!

..hmm...I get back to this post.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Njall wrote:
Amirya wrote:He's been trying out his "misdirects" and his "cobra sting", not to mention "heroic leaping" whenever I speak, and "charging" forth into groups.

I'll stick with Divine Power, Templar's Verdict, Judgment, Repentance, and Reckoning. But enough about my tastes. And, of course, one always has to have protection!

..hmm...I get back to this post.

Someday.

I will use the "But baby, I have Protection!"

And it will work.

all of paladin-kind will weep tears of joy. I can feel it in my bones, It will occur at least once in my life.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:34 am

I prefer to torment with my Icy Touch and some Chains of Ice. Who knows, maybe they'll get upset enough their Blood Boils. At that point I'll use my Death Grip to hold them in place for a Howling Blast from my Pillar of Frost. I'll Obliterate their Mind, Freeze their thoughts. Hopefully my Horn of Winter doesn't prove too much for them though... I'd hate to have to Raise Dead... I'm not much into Necrotic Strikes... :lol:
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:39 am

Skye1013 wrote:I prefer to torment with my Icy Touch and some Chains of Ice. Who knows, maybe they'll get upset enough their Blood Boils. At that point I'll use my Death Grip to hold them in place for a Howling Blast from my Pillar of Frost. I'll Obliterate their Mind, Freeze their thoughts. Hopefully my Horn of Winter doesn't prove too much for them though... I'd hate to have to Raise Dead... I'm not much into Necrotic Strikes... :lol:

Yes, well. Some folks don't like that amount of punishment.

Sigh. Njall is, apparently, not allowed to tank in raids for his guild anymore. Too many tanks and not enough folks showing up for 25 man content (and we are only running 1 10 man group). The guild has a weird bias against pugging even people we know are competent.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:08 am

Njall wrote:Sigh. Njall is, apparently, not allowed to tank in raids for his guild anymore. Too many tanks and not enough folks showing up for 25 man content (and we are only running 1 10 man group). The guild has a weird bias against pugging even people we know are competent.

O.O

Competent pugs > incompetent guildies

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:12 am

Amirya wrote:
Njall wrote:Sigh. Njall is, apparently, not allowed to tank in raids for his guild anymore. Too many tanks and not enough folks showing up for 25 man content (and we are only running 1 10 man group). The guild has a weird bias against pugging even people we know are competent.

O.O

Competent pugs > incompetent guildies

Yes. I know. It may be a server culture thing but two of the three guilds I raided with extensively had a strong bias against pugging. And sadly, I'd like to have some of the non-competent dps benched as a warning about improvement.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Njall wrote:It may be a server culture thing but two of the three guilds I raided with extensively had a strong bias against pugging. And sadly, I'd like to have some of the non-competent dps benched as a warning about improvement.

I think the reasoning is that if you bench members, they might gquit in a tantrum over being excluded, thereby potentially weakening your pool. It's hard to say how that stacks up with the fact that the people you'd want to bench (and replace w/ a non-guildie) are likely poor players.

I wish that, when we have 27 people interested in raiding, we could make three groups, and either pug one per group, or whatnot -- down side is, you really want to have a list of good players who are OUT Of the guild who are both interested in playing, and not already raiding elsewhere.
Kelaan

Postby Arnock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Njall wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:I prefer to torment with my Icy Touch and some Chains of Ice. Who knows, maybe they'll get upset enough their Blood Boils. At that point I'll use my Death Grip to hold them in place for a Howling Blast from my Pillar of Frost. I'll Obliterate their Mind, Freeze their thoughts. Hopefully my Horn of Winter doesn't prove too much for them though... I'd hate to have to Raise Dead... I'm not much into Necrotic Strikes... :lol:

Yes, well. Some folks don't like that amount of punishment.

Sigh. Njall is, apparently, not allowed to tank in raids for his guild anymore. Too many tanks and not enough folks showing up for 25 man content (and we are only running 1 10 man group). The guild has a weird bias against pugging even people we know are competent.

deja vu
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Njall » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:08 am

Kelaan wrote:
I think the reasoning is that if you bench members, they might gquit in a tantrum over being excluded, thereby potentially weakening your pool. It's hard to say how that stacks up with the fact that the people you'd want to bench (and replace w/ a non-guildie) are likely poor players.

I wish that, when we have 27 people interested in raiding, we could make three groups, and either pug one per group, or whatnot -- down side is, you really want to have a list of good players who are OUT Of the guild who are both interested in playing, and not already raiding elsewhere.

I'd be happier if some of the more ardent raiders would at least read some strat guides. I should NOT be the one to point out that you can spell-steal Acanotron's buff. I should not be pointing out that you MUST pull your damned pet off the bosses when they sheild. I should not point out to the mage that he CAN swap targeting on his water elemental if he'd stop casting for a few seconds. I should also not be pointing out to the tank in a heroic that they can lose Lord Godfrey's mortal strike debuff by running up the stairs and then off the platform because the stack falls off by the time he gets back. I should not have a near wipe because they didn't bother to do it anyway (but the dps and healer ran around like crazy people kiting him for the last 10% like total champs (except me, I tried to tank him for a bit as ret and boom... Deadsville).

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Thornir » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:51 am

Thornir is not allowed to mention "Rock You Like a Hurricane" When pulling the squalls in VP.

Thornir is not allowed to kite Gust Soldiers into other party members so that they get blown off the edge when they die.

Thornir is not allowed to blow CDs and keep DPSing during Crystal Storm in Stonecore, for the healer's sanity.

Thornir is not allowed to /dance with gilgoblins. It makes them angry.

Thornir is not allowed to listen to SNSD during raids without headphones.

Thornir is not allowed to listen to SNSD.

Thornir is not allowed to talk in vent with his mouth full. His mic is bad enough already.

Thornir is not allowed to try to give Millhouse Manastorm a http://www.wowhead.com/item=27978
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum