Aion Thread

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Aion Thread

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:13 pm

I admit that not having a "taunt" (but rather growl-like ++Threat skills) is really frustrating at times, when you move to secure threat on a secondary target and everyone keeps nuking the first. Still ... tanking has been fun at low levels. Now to get around the fact that I want to hit things with the greatsword. ;D
Kelaan

Postby Pala » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Aaaahhh!! I'm totally sucked in now. I log into WoW for raids but spend most of my time in Windows BootCamp playing Aion. Crafting is awesome and I like how sometimes you just get screwed on the work orders. It happened earlier in Alchemy than Armorsmithing for me but I noticed at one point I was out of 'Issued mats' and said "crap, I have to abandon it and there goes the 5 out of 6 I made." I also love having so many attacks as a templar. I think at level 16 I had nine damaging attacks to use, some based on procs. Crap, now with Shining Slash at 19 and some others I only get through a rotation one time and the enemies are dead. Speaking of which, I'm in crafted plate for my level and a lot of at-level mobs are actually tough. I need those potions more and more. I guess I've been used to WoW being easy, especially as a paladin.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:38 pm

I enjoy the mechanics of being a tempar, also. I like that I can tank or DPS, and all that matters is a weapon switch (sometimes) and having someone heal me. It's like playing a DK, in that there's an in-combat toggle you can make.

Unfortunately, I just hit 25 (well, now 27) and am in the Abyss .... where random gankers come by and gank me. Moreover, I seem to suck at PvP, in that the duels I've had have been ... very one sided. :-(
Kelaan

Postby Shirak » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:14 am

Kelaan wrote:I enjoy the mechanics of being a tempar, also. I like that I can tank or DPS, and all that matters is a weapon switch (sometimes) and having someone heal me. It's like playing a DK, in that there's an in-combat toggle you can make.

Unfortunately, I just hit 25 (well, now 27) and am in the Abyss .... where random gankers come by and gank me. Moreover, I seem to suck at PvP, in that the duels I've had have been ... very one sided. :-(

And that is when I stopped playing Aion. The game had so much potential, but it was constant ganking by level 50's of the 25's just coming into the abyss. Then they started raiding the regular quest areas constantly. Got tired of dying every 5 minutes from gankers 20+ levels above me.

Shame, if it wasn't for the player base, that game could have been amazing.
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum