Remove Advertisements

Aion Thread

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Aion Thread

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:46 pm

DOUBLE XP weekend is an AMAZING THING !! NCsoft has been doing it for years now. I first learned to love 2x XP while playing City of Heroes!!

Great news for people who play Aion or people who are interested in playing. As of last week they have officialy launched their "recruit a friend" program. I haven't checked into the exact details (Darn blocks at work) but I presume its a simple "Free trial w/ 1 month credit to your recruiter if you sign up"
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Flex » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:24 am

Threatco wrote:Holy shit, WoW needs a double XP weekend.

Im jelouse!

20% heirlooms and rested aint enough?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Bunni » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:25 am

Shyrtandros wrote:Great news for people who play Aion or people who are interested in playing. As of last week they have officialy launched their "recruit a friend" program. I haven't checked into the exact details (Darn blocks at work) but I presume its a simple "Free trial w/ 1 month credit to your recruiter if you sign up"

Pretty much, but the actual trial time is so limited that I'm a bit hesitant to even push friends to give it a shot. The trials are only good for something like 3 days, 5 hours or level 7. Whichever comes first. That is almost like giving a WoW trial that only works until you step foot outside the little starter area. :? They should really tighten up on other things (like blocking trials ability to trade) if they are worried about the RTM aspect of trial accounts. Actual players would be much more sucked in if they were at least allowed to choose a class and get their wings I think.
Keeping the gaming world safe for old folks. www.theoldergamers.com
Bunni

Postby Threatco » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:41 am

20% heirlooms and rested aint enough?

Of course it's not. I hate leveling.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Dapaladin » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:58 am

I'm gonna go ahead and thread necro here.

So this is pointed toward anyone still playing Aion clearly. How is the game currently player base wise and botting wise. I didn't really have any issues with bots when i quit cause all my friends quit. Also i imagine numbers have thinned at least a bit. Just curious how the game is in its current state, was thinking about resubbing for at least a month just to mess around.
Dapaladin

Postby crazyharry » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:56 am

I had to quit, my schedule just didnt allow me to participate in anything and there is(was) sod all for the solo player to do.

Shame, I was enjoying the game.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby Levantine » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:02 am

Gunna give it another go next week when I have some spare $$. I liked the game and all, but I wasn't in a state of mind to judge whether or not to play it. That and my computer died.
Levantine

Postby Aedh » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:23 am

I wanted to play this game. Sadly, most everything I read on Aionsource.com is a bunch of QQ about the lack of drops of any kind from the pve content.
The game looks sexy. And I want to have red glowing eyes, bat wings and look dark, mysterious and have claws.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Postby Levantine » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:35 am

Important question!

Did they do anything to fix the whole "Game will crash as soon as you try to do anything big if you're using Vista-64." bug? I'm now concerned cause I was using XP last time and now I'm using 7-64, and apparently the crashing was linked to the 64 part of Vista.
Levantine

Postby Aedh » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:14 am

Levantine wrote:Important question!

Did they do anything to fix the whole "Game will crash as soon as you try to do anything big if you're using Vista-64." bug? I'm now concerned cause I was using XP last time and now I'm using 7-64, and apparently the crashing was linked to the 64 part of Vista.

I believe that bug got fixed ages ago. But last I read they had atleast put out work arounds for it.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Postby thegreatheed » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:45 am

Aedh wrote:
Levantine wrote:Important question!

I believe that bug got fixed ages ago. But last I read they had atleast put out work arounds for it.

that bug was fixed a long long time ago. i've always played aion on vista 64, i only ever crashed a couple times anyways.

i reupped this week for a month, to see how things were going. some changes i noticed.

no more spam, like none in trade chat, and i have only had one random whisper. it puts that on a completely acceptable level.

i didn't see any bots, and i even did some questing in theobomos (pve only area, previously infamous for botting)

it was still slow getting a high level instance group (40+) though i definitely noticed more level 50 instances running.
thegreatheed

Postby Thalia » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:27 am

I enjoy soloing everything, CLERIC is soooo OP.
Thalia

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Dapaladin wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and thread necro here.

So this is pointed toward anyone still playing Aion clearly. How is the game currently player base wise and botting wise. I didn't really have any issues with bots when i quit cause all my friends quit. Also i imagine numbers have thinned at least a bit. Just curious how the game is in its current state, was thinking about resubbing for at least a month just to mess around.

I re-upped to get my friend a trial, and am enjoying it a bit more now.

- I don't have to block spammers every time i log in, and the entire time I play
- LFG channel and a nice LFG tool.
- I'm a tank now instead of a ranger. (haha ... what a maroon I was first time around.)

I haven't started crafting yet, but just got past level 20, so I'm almost where I was on my ranger. Coming from wow, pulls are BRUTAL without an offtank and/or second healer, or some CC. Which, I suppose, is as it should be. ;)
Kelaan

Postby Pala » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm happy to see good responses in this thread. I reactivated my account yesterday and after dowloading 9 GB to update to patch 1.9 I was finally able to play. I hadn't put in much time before but will give it another go now all the spammers are out.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 am

I bought the limited editions for my girlfriend and myself and we played the beta right before launch and then played after launch for a while... I think those first few plays being SO bugged out made us less interested. I know thats expected for a new game and I kept repeating that it will smooth out... somehow we ended up going back to only playing WoW and forgot all about Aion. I would like to try it out some more I think we're both like level 15... I'm a Templar and she is a gladiator.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum