Post your puppies

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Post your puppies

Postby Isetnefret » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:59 am

My cat is pure evil. He doesn't make those kinds of messes, so my place is pretty clean.

He does like to fuck with me though. I have a LONG list of grievances with the cat, because he's the biggest asshole I know. He only wants to cuddle with me so he can shed all over (despite how much I brush him).

I don't remember if I told you guys the story of my blinds.....but yeah, he ate them.

Penny (dog) actually does care about me. If I am feeling bad or sick, she knows and empathizes. She waits for me to get home. One of the cat's favorite games is to hide under shit and claw me as I walk by. Penny scouts ahead and chases his ass away so that he can't do that.

Also, Penny understand basic commands. Bedtime means she gets in her bed....no treat required. Outside means she waits by the door, no treat required. She knows the names of her favorite toys, so if I set them all out, I can name one specifically and she'll bring me that one. "Pick up your toys" means she collects them all and brings them to her toy box.

The only one I had to use treats to train was "get in your box" which means she gets in the travel crate for longer trips. Otherwise, she will sit in the passenger seat for short trips around town.

Her brother, Pete (pictured), is the best natured animal I've EVER seen.
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby Aldonza » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:27 am

mew wrote:My problem with cats is that they just aren't as loving =( I know a lot of cat people that are like "but they purr and they cuddle on you!" but dogs run home and greet you every time you leave for 20 minutes. Dogs actually care if you are mad at them, you don't have to do like with cats where to train them you have to somehow make it seem like you are not the one punishing them otherwise they will just associate punishment with you rather than themselves (however, this might make cats smarter than dogs).

I think it varies from cat to cat. I currently have three cats at my house. One of the cats is the typical "Meh, you returned?" personality. The other two get very excited as soon as people arrive home. They get up from wherever they were and run to see who it is. They then proceed to rub against your legs and then almost kill you as you try to walk because they want to be affectionate and love on you. Also, one of my cats literally knows when I get up to go to bed. He will follow me around the house until I get into bed. Then he jumps onto the bed and curls up between my feet to sleep for the night.

I've never had cats growing up that were this affectionate, but it is very possible for cats to be just as affectionate and loveable as dogs -even if it is not the norm.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby mew » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:37 am

But I think it's too much of a toss-up; I've known people with cats ranging from really nice to really mean regardless of breed (most of them are that normal neutral though). If you are going to pick out one cat as a kitten (I guess you could get a pre-grown cat, but kittens are the best) you can't know how it is going to turn out. I just wouldn't want to risk that for such a long-term commitment when dog temperaments can be more accurately estimated based on breed.
But I do suppose adopting an adult cat is a pretty good solution to that.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Elsie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:19 pm

All I'm reading is bullshit about cats. Both of mine are very loving and show affection. They are less needy than dogs, but they care just as much when you're mad, sick, etc. My bengal Wiser loves to play and shows plenty of affection. She runs to the door when I get home if I've been gone long. She plays fetch with me sometimes. When my wife and I are upset or sick she shows concerns and tries to comfort us.

Dogs are usually a lot more like children, and cats are a lot more like friends. They are more capable of independence, and people confuse that with disinterest because they are less needy.
Elsie

Postby Arnock » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pm

My cat is really old, so she can't quite run and great me at the door, but when I get home she does follow m around and rub up against my legs and whatnot, my dog actually has more of a "meh, home already?" sort of an attitude than my cat.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Elsie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:29 pm

I don't have any newer pictures of my cat because the wife handles the digital camera and we usually do video, but here's some old ones.

This one shows her spots kinda coming in after the "ugly fuzzies" stage a couple years ago

My kitty being happy (she was a lot younger)
Elsie

Postby Pursan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Pursan

Postby mew » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Elsie wrote:I don't have any newer pictures of my cat because the wife handles the digital camera and we usually do video, but here's some old ones.

This one shows her spots kinda coming in after the "ugly fuzzies" stage a couple years ago

My kitty being happy (she was a lot younger)

:V If I paid for a Bengal I'd want it to be damn nice too! Them things is expensive.
I'm fine with people that like cats and I won't get annoyed at anyone for posting cats (they are pretty), just saying that personally I prefer dogs to cats for several reasons. For one, if I wasn't deathly allergic to cats, I would probably have one due to (as you mentioned) their self dependence. I really don't recommend dogs to college students at all (they just don't have time for them).

Pretty cat though :P How big to Bengals get?
ImageImage
mew

Postby Elsie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:25 pm

:V If I paid for a Bengal I'd want it to be damn nice too! Them things is expensive.

Heh, our current plans are to get a Savannah after we get a house. We want an F1 or F2 which implies a first or second generation Savannah. An F1 is the offspring from the Serval and domestic cat (usually a bengal) and the F2 is bred from an F1 and another domestic cat. To give someone an idea, these cats are the same size as medium or large dogs and extremely smart. The goal is to one day have a Serval, though I don't think my state allows that and their needs are fairly expensive. They greet people with a headbutt =P

What can I say? I'm a cat person. In the next decade I'll probably be able to take a trip to Africa and do volunteer work with Cheetahs if I'm lucky.

Related to topic: 4 weeks old - She begins acting like a princess in photos. She was the only survivor of her litter and grew up with F4 Savannah kittens.

Her adopted brother Nitro a.k.a. "My wife's cat." He's a mutt we got from a foster home. He was found under a dumpster at a local Dillards in a mall. His litter was abandoned there (i.e. left by someone) and, according to the story, he appointed himself Defender of the Litter when they were trying to rescue them. My wife picked him because he hid behind her on a couch and fluffed up contently there.
Another of when he was young. We always joke he has a rat face on a cat.
This one is under 2 year ago (but still fairly old)

For the dog lovers who don't mind cats, bengal kitties enjoy water. Mine doesn't even complain about baths! I have video of her playing in the tub. Bengals also play fetch! It may be the cutest thing in the world to watch a kitten fetch peppermints - the ones in small plastic wrap - and I have her on video doing it. Furthermore, they can also be leash trained if you start at an early age, but they don't exactly work the same as a dog mind you. They're a lot more curious, but it's not impossible. In reality all cats can do these things. I merely mention bengals and savannahs because they are more likely to be as such due to their closer genetic relationship to wild cats. Be warned though, they are typically incredibly smart and like to stalk things.
Elsie

Postby fiorina » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Mmm, Mongoose on Tempest of Chaos and summer... that smells like early SWP progress times.

fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:44 pm

fiorina wrote:Mmm, Mongoose on Tempest of Chaos and summer... that smells like early SWP progress times.

If you note, there's a graphic for Berserker's Call trinket on the bars. Definitely sunwell times.

Furthermore, I believe that picture was taken in Black Temple given the carpet and plush pillows in the background. Almost definitely clearing to Mother Sharhaz.
Elsie

Postby Melathys » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:45 am

for those that hate cats, get a comprimise. a manx. They are, by nature, more akin to dogs in their attitude towards people. My brother has one, and so does my landlord. They are very much "people" cats.

Though, I have to admit, sometimes I get reminded of their "catness". Don't get me wrong, I love cats to be, you know, cats; but my bare feet while I'm fixing breakfast is not meant for fangs and talons after the cat has stalked me and pounced, lol. But they definately get into lovey moods, and demand a lot of attention. My brothers cat would jump onto my lap and start licking my face...I try to pull away and she claws my cheeks to draw me back for more licking, lol.

found this at some website.
Some owners have suggested that Manx babies need to be sold with warning labels attached. The owners know firsthand that love for the Manx can be contagious. Many times, for example, a wife drags a disinterested husband along to a cattery to see a litter of Manx kittens. The husband waits politely, obviously bored, while his wife selects a kitten. A week or two later, the Manx breeder is amused when the wife calls to complain that the husband has been charmed by the beguiling Manx kitten, and now the wife needs another kitten so she can have one too! (The Manx has been called, apparently correctly, the Man's cat that women love.) As a result, few Manx-owning households contain only one Manx.

http://www.manx--cats.com/manx_cat_breed.htm
Melathys

Postby Daeren » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:20 am

My puppy named Yoshi (he's 11 weeks now, but 9 weeks on these pictures). He's a Keeshond/Wolfspitz (naming varies in countries), will be around 50 cm shoulder height and 20 kg full grown.

Daeren

Postby Arnock » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:32 am

Bengals also play fetch! It may be the cutest thing in the world to watch a kitten fetch peppermints - the ones in small plastic wrap

My cat used to play fetch, but we went away for a week, and she stayed at the house of a relative who had a cocker spaniel who refused to fetch, and our cat hasn't fetched a toy since.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Lightbeard » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:07 pm

I brought my knife and fork *licks lips*
Lightbeard

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum