Remove Advertisements

New Anime Season

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Sabindeus » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Super excited for Nisemonogatari

There's going to be another Major OVA? Fuck yeah.

New extra episodes of SZS and Steins;gate? Ok, I will watch those.

The K-ON! movie cannot come out on disc soon enough :(
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Arjuna » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Lackluster indeed...

K-on movie in march? Nice!

...too bad Evangelion movie 3 isn't showing until this fall...I'm looking forward to that one!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:23 pm

...hmm, I'm kinda looking forward to "Thermae Romae" though... http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=8831

I read a bit of the manga and it was pretty funny... :)
Arjuna

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:39 am

Arjuna wrote:You are correct, always loved those two characters!

Also, just watched the last ep of Boku Ha Tomodachi Ga Sukunai, what a letdown...I am very disappointed...

The story was all over the place, no clear plot...meh, just wasted time I guess...

Watched bokuha over the last few weeks. It's nothing extraordinary, but still entertaining. It's nice that they at least attempted to subvert some tropes. The last two episodes were a little disappointing, but it's not surprising that they leave the issue open, given the fanbase's penchant for pitchforks.

One of the only harem series I can remember having really strong closure was Shuffle!, which was surprising. Although I guess School Days had some closure too, so to speak. "dare mo inai," remains one of the most creepy lines. Ever.

I enjoy series with fun characters; this one falls into that category. Reminds me of Seitokai Yakuindomo, which we also liked a lot.

Also Fate/Zero is done with 13 episodes, yes? I've heard it's not quite over?
Shana 3's 13th episode is out as well -- is that a 13 or 26 episode run?

Wondering if it's safe to start watching these.

Edit: looks like Shana3's a 26'er, so no. Argh.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby fudomyou » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Watched bokuha over the last few weeks. It's nothing extraordinary, but still entertaining. It's nice that they at least attempted to subvert some tropes. The last two episodes were a little disappointing, but it's not surprising that they leave the issue open, given the fanbase's penchant for pitchforks.

Also Fate/Zero is done with 13 episodes, yes? I've heard it's not quite over?
Shana 3's 13th episode is out as well -- is that a 13 or 26 episode run?

Fate/Zero is done with season 1 at 13 eps. They'll come back with season 2 in April, which is why I'm intentionally not caught up with it yet, otherwise I'll get frustrated waiting for the second half.

As for Haganai, they leave the issue open because of two things: one, the TV series covers less than half of the current source material; two, the main character/narrator explicitly states in a later book that he's playing dumb specifically to avoid having to make a tough decision. That said, while I'm a fan of the series, I agree with you that it's entertaining without being extraordinary.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Any rumors for a continuation of Haganai? Would watch.

We watched Hidan no Araia over the weekend ... which was a mistake as the latter episodes become something of a train wreck if you don't know the source material. I didn't know it was based on a LN series going in, although that became pretty apparent about half way through when they started leaving out massive amounts of stuff. The things they do with firearms discipline make me cringe, but I was hoping it would go in interesting directions. It didn't, really. Rie Kugimiya playing to type didn't really help. That the series kind of ends abruptly doesn't help. Not recommended.

Also watched Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi, which was pretty refreshing. I liked all the random fairy tale allusions. Shirai Kuroko as the narrator was fun. Again, based on a series of Light Novels. Liked it, would watch more, but it's nothing amazing.

Lately it seems like the majority of series that I find remotely interesting are all based on longer novels.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Nisemonogatari is amazing so far. I forgot how much I enjoyed Bakemonogatari and it's bringing all that back to me.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Holy shit I had no idea Nisemonogatari existed. Happy day.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Watched Ben-to. It was better than it had any right to be. Surprisingly enjoyable, and impressive what they managed to do with the ludicrous premise.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:17 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Watched Ben-to. It was better than it had any right to be. Surprisingly enjoyable, and impressive what they managed to do with the ludicrous premise.

I haven't watched it exactly because the ludicrous premise...maybe I'll give the first ep a go then...maybe...

Thermae Romae was a great disappointment though! I liked the manga, it was funny. They mishandled the anime though and just made it over-the-top silly...

Mouretsu space pirates is, well, high school girls going into space and being pirates and stuff, kyaa...lots of stuff we've already seen thousands of times before in plenty of other animes but it's somehow nicely done. And the background music of the intro and preview is kinda awesome with a little celtic inspiration! :D

High School DxD feels like I've already seen it somehow, yawn!

Just gonna start on the first ep of Senki Zesshou Symphogear...I have no idea how it will turn out...probably more of the same though, transforming schoolgirls with hightech weapons fighting some kind of threat...hmm...do I know this plot from somewhere? Well, I'll just have to see...

.HACK was a great concept when it first arrived, but it's been milked into boredom and most of the stuff they churn out is rather unimpressive...still, I'm going to watch this darn movie... :P

February is going to be really slow, apart from Black Rock Shooter(that I never really understood the point of) not much happening there except...Dragon Age? When did they start doing animes off "western" games??? Oh well, we'll see...
Arjuna

Postby aureon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:45 pm

"What does 'Broskander the great isn't coming out again until april'?"
Rargh.
aureon

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 am

A Swedish Jazz band interprets anime themes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6MP8QM3_PI

It's more awesome than it sounds.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:37 pm

So I'm somewhat an anime noob, at least compared to some of you, but, my wife and I generally watch new stuff as it comes out on CrunchyRoll. HunterXHunter, Brave10 and the Space Pirates, experimenting with a few others, and of course the standbys that just won't die (We still watch Naruto, but I've given up on Bleach, but my wife is still watching...). No. 6 was interesting last season.

Wondering what else I should be watching out for in the coming months?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:12 pm

halabar wrote:So I'm somewhat an anime noob, at least compared to some of you, but, my wife and I generally watch new stuff as it comes out on CrunchyRoll. HunterXHunter, Brave10 and the Space Pirates, experimenting with a few others, and of course the standbys that just won't die (We still watch Naruto, but I've given up on Bleach, but my wife is still watching...). No. 6 was interesting last season.

Wondering what else I should be watching out for in the coming months?

Madoka Magica

And since you're already watching from Cruncy Roll, I recommend you watch Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Delphineas » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Spice and wolf is AWESOME if you enjoy charactor dynamics
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum