New Anime Season

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Arjuna » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:31 am

well, now I am at a loss, what shall I watch the rest of the autumn? :P

still waiting for eva rebuild 2.0, it has been shown on bio, but no sub from nyoro yet...

and hellsing ultimate is still not fully released yet...gief moar vampire-nazi-slaughter!!!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Auroris » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:06 am

Arjuna wrote:well, now I am at a loss, what shall I watch the rest of the autumn? :P

still waiting for eva rebuild 2.0, it has been shown on bio, but no sub from nyoro yet...

and hellsing ultimate is still not fully released yet...gief moar vampire-nazi-slaughter!!!

@_@
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby fudomyou » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Arjuna wrote:well, now I am at a loss, what shall I watch the rest of the autumn? :P

My picks from the new season are Kampfer (brainless booby action), To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, and the new Darker Than Black. But then again, I'll be watching almost everything, because I do this for a living. :P
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:39 pm

fudomyou wrote:

My picks from the new season are Kampfer (brainless booby action), To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, and the new Darker Than Black. But then again, I'll be watching almost everything, because I do this for a living. :P

you do it for a living? thats kinda neat...

hmm? darker than black seems nice, thanx
railgun is a spinoff of index, right? I don't usually like spinoffs... :P
Arjuna

Postby confedsg » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:30 pm

valkyria chronicles and tears to tiara finishing this week T.T

bad bleach and NS still going filler strong...

boredface

wating for darker than black s2 T.T

moar here guis
http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/200 ... xport1.jpg
confedsg

Postby fudomyou » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:01 am

you do it for a living? thats kinda neat...

It doesn't necessarily pay very well in the current economy, but I enjoy the hell out of it and can't complain.

I also like spinoffs when they concentrate on the best character and aren't dragged down by Index. :)
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Argali » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:52 am

I assume it's a reviewing job?

Not really as good as you'd think. You have to watch stuff you'd otherwise wouldn't touch with a barge pole, and that takes a LOT of willpower.
Argali

Postby fudomyou » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:15 pm

I do news, reviews, previews, promotions, the whole shebang.

I've been doing reviews for years, and what you do is grow a thick skin. I actually enjoy watching even the bad stuff, because that means I get to pull out my more colorful vocabulary when I talk about it.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:44 pm

fudomyou wrote:I do news, reviews, previews, promotions, the whole shebang.

I've been doing reviews for years, and what you do is grow a thick skin. I actually enjoy watching even the bad stuff, because that means I get to pull out my more colorful vocabulary when I talk about it.

Where can we find your reviews?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fudomyou » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:21 pm

Currently, I work for sidereel.com, so you can find some of my anime reviews and a couple of regular TV reviews there. I only started there a month ago, though, so most of my work has been fixing up their anime site and only a little bit of actual reviewing. They plan on opening a new site called AnimeReel.com just for me, though, so I'll be sure to point you guys to it when it opens.

In a previous life, I was one of the regular reviewers for Newtype USA Magazine, and I still occasionally write reviews and misc. for the MegaTokyo webcomic. I really should get back to writing for MT...
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:50 pm

fudomyou wrote:Currently, I work for sidereel.com, so you can find some of my anime reviews and a couple of regular TV reviews there. I only started there a month ago, though, so most of my work has been fixing up their anime site and only a little bit of actual reviewing. They plan on opening a new site called AnimeReel.com just for me, though, so I'll be sure to point you guys to it when it opens.

In a previous life, I was one of the regular reviewers for Newtype USA Magazine, and I still occasionally write reviews and misc. for the MegaTokyo webcomic. I really should get back to writing for MT...

Having just come from reading a Rant over at MegaTokyo, I have to ask...
Are you Dom?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:56 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
fudomyou wrote:Currently, I work for sidereel.com, so you can find some of my anime reviews and a couple of regular TV reviews there. I only started there a month ago, though, so most of my work has been fixing up their anime site and only a little bit of actual reviewing. They plan on opening a new site called AnimeReel.com just for me, though, so I'll be sure to point you guys to it when it opens.

Having just come from reading a Rant over at MegaTokyo, I have to ask...
Are you Dom?

*entering curious mode!*
Arjuna

Postby fudomyou » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:58 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Having just come from reading a Rant over at MegaTokyo, I have to ask...
Are you Dom?

That's me. It's why I have the sweet Three Panel Soul rendition of my character ;)
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Auroris » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:53 am

fudomyou wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Having just come from reading a Rant over at MegaTokyo, I have to ask...
Are you Dom?

That's me. It's why I have the sweet Three Panel Soul rendition of my character ;)

<3!
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:15 am

fudomyou wrote:
Are you Dom?

Oh, no kidding! It is very odd to find someone posting on MTadin who I've heard of from such an unrelated context.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Dianora » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Well, looks like I'm going to watch Sacred Blacksmith, Railgun and the cat show...
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby fudomyou » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:15 pm

In actual new anime season news, I watched Kampfer and Nyankoi! over the weekend in between gigantic doses of American football. They both turned out exactly the way I expected, which was kind of nice.

Kampfer is Ranma 1/2 in the age of mainstream yuri - gender-bending action, comedy, and a bunch of girls doing suggestive things to each other. Brainless and amusing.

Nyankoi! is a little less embarrassing to admit that I like, since it has less outright service and I can sympathize with the main character, a cat hater surrounded by cat lovers.

Time to review InuYasha The Final Act for work. Oh, what a difficult life I lead!
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:52 pm

fudomyou wrote:Time to review InuYasha The Final Act for work. Oh, what a difficult life I lead!

I have been waiting for the finish for ages now...finally it comes! yay!!!

and I agree sabin...though <3 MT, been reading it since forever :P
Arjuna

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Was looking at Kampfer and Railgun, but I think I'll try out The Book of Bantorra first. That is, after I get through S-CRY-ed. Never could catch the whole story on Adult Swim.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:58 pm

scryed...I never could get past the first few eps...

havent decided what to watch this autumn yet, probably I'll watch most of it out of boredom anyway...
Arjuna

Postby fudomyou » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:18 pm

C'mon, how can you not like Scryed? It gave us such wonderful things as Thick Hard Magnum and the "you broke my balls" monologue?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:08 pm

In my own defense, it's subbed.

After reviewing my copy of Episode 4, there are far less obvious penis puns. But really, it's hard to get around them with an Alter called "Big Magnum".

Edit: Too many penises.
Last edited by Grehn|Skipjack on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:58 pm

dear god it's dubbed...

anyway, whats the verdict on inuyasha then? ;)

havent found it subbed yet so I havent been able to watch it...damn lazy subbers :P
Arjuna

Postby fudomyou » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:08 am

Arjuna wrote:dear god it's dubbed...

anyway, whats the verdict on inuyasha then? ;)

havent found it subbed yet so I havent been able to watch it...damn lazy subbers :P

What region are you in? It's available legally from Hulu and shonensunday.com/anime (which uses Hulu, so...) if you're in North America.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:19 am

I'm not...

it's digital discrimination everywhere for non-us people :(

my only shot is getting them illegally from fansubbers...
Arjuna

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum