Song finally found a name of it...

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Song finally found a name of it...

Postby Minnerva » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:24 pm

so for the past week and a half i wanted to hear this song that i had heard a while back but i could not remember anything about. finally found out it was One Headlight by wallflowers :D

here is the link, great song
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hgcu_the-wallflowers-one-headlight_music
Minnerva

Postby Minnerva » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:36 pm

so what is the best old song that makes puts you on that memory lane?
Minnerva

Postby Guldylohx » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:54 pm

I would have to say "Inside Out" by Eve 6.

Makes me think of the bus ride home from middle school. Man I loved that gameboy color...

Here's the video on youtube
Guldylohx

Postby Jarkeld » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:10 pm

Nazareth - This Flight Tonight
song's definately older than me, and nothing memeorable's happened when I've listened to it, but I find whenever I do, just remember the things I've done
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby Amarant_Pally » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Pretty much any song that was popular in the early/late 90's. Middle School I went to was out of my district, so we used a "taxi"-type service that played any radio station we wanted. Mix 103 it was!
Amarant_Pally

Postby Minnerva » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:29 am

the song one headlight was a favorite of this senior when i was a freshmen. it was not a new song but it brings back memories of everything that i did until I took her spot as a senior. she was always nice to everyone but had the rebel type clothing. she always had that song on her hand radio at lunch.
Minnerva

Postby daemonym » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:21 am

roling stones, paint it black. ahhhh good times.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Barathorn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:49 am

Toxic Waltz by Exodus.

Happy days....
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Celune » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:33 am

Fool in the Rain by Led Zeppelin
Celune

Location: Winnipeg - city of two seasons. Winter and mosquito. WTB spring prz!

Postby Shoju » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:46 am

Minnerva wrote:so what is the best old song that makes puts you on that memory lane?

Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
Heroin Girl - Everclear
Outshined - Soundgarden. I was 14 ish when grunge was in it's hayday. I miss good music.

This emo/pop/rock BS that is on the radio now just about kills me.
Shoju

Postby Torquemada » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:39 am

Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms makes me think of 8th grade and my first dance/kiss.

Everybody Hurts by R.E.M. somehow ALWAYS used to be the song that played on my clock radio when the alarm went off for like 3 months back in high school.

There are a couple of songs I hear that make me think of when I used to do Karaoke. If You Could Only See(Tonic), What it Takes(Aerosmith), Gone Away(The Offspring). Reminds me of a very bad relationship I was involved in.

I'm Yours and Lucky (Both Jason Mraz) make me think of my wife.

Hide and Seek is the music I hear every time I sneak into Stormwind. :wink:
Torquemada

Postby Rachmaninoff » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:04 am

Shoju wrote:
Minnerva wrote:so what is the best old song that makes puts you on that memory lane?

Heroin Girl - Everclear
Outshined - Soundgarden. I was 14 ish when grunge was in it's hayday. I miss good music.

I totally agree. I can't stand it.

But good music still exists, it just takes alot more to find it.

why? The music industry is going through an evoution. with the creation of the mp3 and free downloading, the music industry had (and is still having) a hard time dealing with it. People are able to take their ipods and mp3 players around with them everywhere, no one listens to FM radio anymore. So radio stations start to play what ever is popular. Then small radio stations started to dissapear. This gave way for Clear Channel. What they have done is take small and even large radio stations and molded them into gian pile of shit. (thats a whole other story).

So FM raido is failing. Major Lables are stuggleing. Indpendent music is everywhere but its harder to find those gems. Right now there is no way to separate the good from the bad. The internet is the best and worst place for music right now. it has changed everything. EVERY band has a myspce, vibe, facebook, blah blah blah networking site to post their music. There are even bands putting their stuff online for free. It is still a very turbulent time for the music industry. Good music is till out there waiting to be discovered. you just need to look for it. and this is coming from someone who is VERY apathetic.

I could go on and on and on.
Rachmaninoff

Postby Flex » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:45 am

Shoju wrote:

Heroin Girl - Everclear

How are those old songs?

Also, you do realize "I miss good music" was muttered by so many people when STP and their ilk were popular.

Indpendent music is everywhere but its harder to find those gems.

It is easier now than it has been in the entire history of the world. Internet.
Flex

Postby Arcand » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:02 am

Our House, by Madness, and
Boys of Summer by Don Henley.

They were both on the radio a lot when I was little and first got a clock radio, and I often woke up to one or the other.
Arcand

Postby Shoju » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Rachmaninoff wrote:
Shoju wrote:

Heroin Girl - Everclear

I totally agree. I can't stand it.

But good music still exists, it just takes alot more to find it.

why? The music industry is going through an evoution. with the creation of the mp3 and free downloading, the music industry had (and is still having) a hard time dealing with it. People are able to take their ipods and mp3 players around with them everywhere, no one listens to FM radio anymore. So radio stations start to play what ever is popular. Then small radio stations started to dissapear. This gave way for Clear Channel. What they have done is take small and even large radio stations and molded them into gian pile of shit. (thats a whole other story).

So FM raido is failing. Major Lables are stuggleing. Indpendent music is everywhere but its harder to find those gems. Right now there is no way to separate the good from the bad. The internet is the best and worst place for music right now. it has changed everything. EVERY band has a myspce, vibe, facebook, blah blah blah networking site to post their music. There are even bands putting their stuff online for free. It is still a very turbulent time for the music industry. Good music is till out there waiting to be discovered. you just need to look for it. and this is coming from someone who is VERY apathetic.

I could go on and on and on.

My band was one of those that gave the music away. Pay to come see us. We will give you the music . Worked for a while, had a good following, but like most bands, one alcoholic ruins the whole damn thing.

Flex wrote:
Shoju wrote:

Heroin Girl - Everclear

How are those old songs?

Also, you do realize "I miss good music" was muttered by so many people when STP and their ilk were popular.

Indpendent music is everywhere but its harder to find those gems.

ILK lol. I take it you are older than 32?

15 years old give or take. Sure, people said that then too. I have a great appeciation for 80's hair metal and indie music. I'm a bass player, and love to listen to a great complicated groove. I love grunge because of the overt simplicity and apathy, I love 80's hair and indie for the robust over the top ness of it, and I love the 60's and 70's 'hard rock' for the very rough feel of it all.

Fav bands (in order)

Everclear
Floyd
Zepplin
STP
Soundgarden
Shoju

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum