thread of random thoughts

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: thread of random thoughts

Postby Vanifae » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Minnerva wrote:it actually depends on your focus, I only make scenes. i suck at making organics aka models. building a scene is also broken into different sections. one group makes all the scenes and another rigs it for break down. all those explosions you see on the background or boxes are made with 3d reactor. kind of sad to see your scene get broken down though.

Sounds exciting to me.

How long have you been in the industry?
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Minnerva » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:25 pm

2 years only, still considered the new person that people try to avoid for big parts. had a person make fun of me because i made a big deal after spending 2 weeks on a castle and having the rig group make the castle be set to be destroyed. crying about your creation being destroyed in front of your eyes 4 times is not a big deal from what i think.
Minnerva

Postby Vanifae » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Minnerva wrote:2 years only, still considered the new person that people try to avoid for big parts. had a person make fun of me because i made a big deal after spending 2 weeks on a castle and having the rig group make the castle be set to be destroyed. crying about your creation being destroyed in front of your eyes 4 times is not a big deal from what i think.

Understandable, but I guess you have to accept that what you create will probably be destroyed or warped in ways you had not considered. Pretty awesome though all in all, I basically went back to school to possibly do what you are doing now, to get my foot in the door so one day someone can vent at me for my poor design decisions :)
Vanifae

Postby Minnerva » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:36 pm

you seem like the organic modeling type since you like anime a lot. I used to paint and draw back in high school so i stuck to scene modeling. if you want your modeling to stand out go for modeling organics and rigging them most scenes they just say "well the have too many polygons here, just delete that entire section and we will just use some alpha channels to cover it."
Minnerva

Postby Vanifae » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Minnerva wrote:you seem like the organic modeling type since you like anime a lot. I used to paint and draw back in high school so i stuck to scene modeling. if you want your modeling to stand out go for modeling organics and rigging them most scenes they just say "well the have too many polygons here, just delete that entire section and we will just use some alpha channels to cover it."

Heh I actually loathe most anime, I enjoy the line work and the art style, the stories are usually terrible. The Plot of the Heroes TV show is better then most anime.

I am actually interested more in high level design, interaction of systems, and flow of story/gameplay.

I have lofty goals.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:29 am

So I wanted to find new ways of making my Slash'EM enemies suffer. Solution? Belkster's traps!
<drops a potion of oil>
<sneaks and waits>
<enemy picks up oil>
<lits torch, throws torch>
<mhwahahahahaaaaa!>
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Erendis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:I had the scariest dream ever: I was married.

to what? Colin?
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:33 am

A few nights ago I dreamed I was in wow except it looked real, and we were going to do Razorgore because seriously if we can't do Razorgore how are we going to do Ulduar ?
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:42 am

Culhag wrote:A few nights ago I dreamed I was in wow except it looked real, and we were going to do Razorgore because seriously if we can't do Razorgore how are we going to do Ulduar ?

Allow yourself time between WoW and bed.

Alternatively, let us discuss the merits of Cold One Knights.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:31 am

Erendis wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:I had the scariest dream ever: I was married.

to what? Colin?

Nah, but it was a mix of people I've never talked to for more than a few seconds, but the odd part was enjoying many of the things in a conjugal life that I frankly don't.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Minnerva » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:07 am

I think it was panzerdin or someone that said that they ate a double quarter pounder a while back, i found out the size of it and i still can't belive it. how the hell can someone eat that much burger?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpDJpg2eW4o
Minnerva

Postby Minnerva » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:19 am

just when i thought i saw the double pounder as something uneatable. this reassured me that fast food places do the most disturbing things and to stay away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KFSi27IOsQ
Minnerva

Postby Conaan! » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:24 am

Vanifae wrote: The Plot of the Heroes TV show is better then most anime.

i watched season 1-3, 3rd episode into season 3, it felt like season 1 repeat

then i started watching rescue me, not a big leap up, but alot more interesting (and better quality, spanish tv channels ftl)
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Brand » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:59 am

Conaan! wrote:

then i started watching rescue me, not a big leap up, but alot more interesting (and better quality, spanish tv channels ftl)

The first season of Heroes was great. Second season was meh, however where they had planned to take it before the writer's strike happened was interesting and certainly something I would have liked to have seen. So far this season it's been a wash. Villains was contrived and reeked of terribad writing and stuff happening for the sake of it happening. Fugitives started interesting, got kind of "ehhh...", but has been fairly interesting again given the past couple of episodes. If they do still plan on having a Season Four, then I'll probably still watch it.

Culhag wrote:A few nights ago I dreamed I was in wow except it looked real, and we were going to do Razorgore because seriously if we can't do Razorgore how are we going to do Ulduar ?

I had a similar dream (to some extent) that WoW was real (or at least I was actually in the game) and I was tanking KT25 but everyone kept dying. Either to the ice blocks or someone getting mind controlled and running rampant to the shadow vortexes of death. The crapper was that I was still going as if KT wasn't even trying to attack me, he'd just stand there and cackle as another one of my guildies bought the farm. Then when I was the only one left he just laughed and laughed and laughed. I never killed him nor did he kill me, I was just alone in a room full of dead bodies.

Of course this pales in comparison to a dream I had where I was on a spaceship shooting up large mutant stuffed animals a la Aliens with a Laser-blasting Super Soaker.
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun." - Zap Rowsdower
Brand

Postby Conaan! » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:04 am

Brand wrote:
Conaan! wrote:

The first season of Heroes was great. Second season was meh, however where they had planned to take it before the writer's strike happened was interesting and certainly something I would have liked to have seen. So far this season it's been a wash. Villains was contrived and reeked of terribad writing and stuff happening for the sake of it happening. Fugitives started interesting, got kind of "ehhh...", but has been fairly interesting again given the past couple of episodes. If they do still plan on having a Season Four, then I'll probably still watch it.

wtb dead sylar, tell me it be true

or a hotter actress playing miss invincible
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum