Remove Advertisements

I hate - Everything you don't like about Final Fantasy

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:13 am

Now that I think about it, Squall and one or two others may have been closer to 30. Still pretty low, though.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:19 am

I spent quite a while in the cactuar island. Little slimy bastards. I NEED MAH GF TRANNING!

How can a cactus be proverbially slimy? >.>
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Aldonza » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:40 am

I ended up starting VIII three times before I played it through to the end.

1st Time - Game card crashed and I lost my save.

2nd Time - I was playing around with the card game and suddenly realized that I had abandoned the main quest - so in a hurry to catch up I pushed through to Disc 3. Trying to beat bosses on the Lunatic Pandora at level 36, not a good idea.

3rd Time - I went out of my way to level extensively as much as I could. I picked up every GF, and I maxed out everything. Everything became cake then.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:42 am

Aldonza wrote:I ended up starting VIII three times before I played it through to the end.

2nd Time - I was playing around with the card game and suddenly realized that I had abandoned the main quest - so in a hurry to catch up I pushed through to Disc 3. Trying to beat bosses on the Lunatic Pandora at level 36, not a good idea.

3rd Time - I went out of my way to level extensively as much as I could. I picked up every GF, and I maxed out everything. Everything became cake then.
I still have my very first ps1 game card, back from 1997, where I have stored: my FFVIII save just before Ultimecia castle, with all gfs, skills, and triple triad cards, my harvest moon save married with the long hair blondie and like all 7 helpers helping at once...

I have a suitcase that could as well pass for a safe, with 2 passwords, a key and a fingerprint detector, where I keep my documents, precious magazines and THAT game card.
I'd kill, should that gamecard take any damage.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Kitsuna » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:07 am

Aldonza wrote:I ended up starting VIII three times before I played it through to the end.

The game is easiest if you DON'T level. The enemies level with you. Get No Encounter ability, draw stuff but don't kill. Makes the game a cakewalk.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -DoW
Kitsuna

Location: Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.

Postby Aldonza » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:41 am

Yes, but if you don't level enough to get certain abilities to level with you, it makes it very hard to get by bosses.

I could get to this one point on the Lunatic Pandora where you had to fight Mobile Type 8, and I just couldn't survive long enough to kill him b/c my ability to use Quetzecoatl and other abilities was subpar even with the enemies being closer to my level.

I tried going out and leveling on the monsters from the moon, but it actually was harder b/c the enemies ramp up to higher difficulty once the Lunatic Pandora is loose.

It was actually quicker (and safer for all in my house) with me restarting and just doing everything. Besides, I got to see much more of the game that way.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:50 am

Aldonza wrote:It was actually quicker (and safer for all in my house) with me restarting and just doing everything. Besides, I got to see much more of the game that way.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Grimmal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:56 am

Phantasy Star was such a better series. The one where you had to play multiple generations with multiple endings being the best.

FF is just one long cutscene.
Grimmal

Postby ARogers » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:36 pm

I got hooked on them at the first Game Boy one. It was great! I played until FFX2. That was seriously the worst game I've ever played in my entire life.
ARogers

Postby ARogers » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:37 pm

I got hooked on them at the first Game Boy one. It was great! I played until FFX2. That was seriously the worst game I've ever played in my entire life.
ARogers

Postby Aldonza » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:40 pm

My first FF games I played were for the original Gameboy. I played FF:Legend II and FF:Adventures (which really is The Secret of Mana). I can recall to this day sitting around with my clunky old Gameboy playing both those games. I used to love to play those games.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Losbullitt » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:50 pm

Grimmal wrote:Phantasy Star was such a better series. The one where you had to play multiple generations with multiple endings being the best.

FF is just one long cutscene.

Ewwwww.

As if Phantasy Star Universe isn't one LONG cutscene. :x
Losbullitt

Postby Losbullitt » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Papewaio wrote:Ultima is serious business.

Ultima Worlds of Adventure: Martian Dreams is hilarious (even if just for the cast).

UO was hot.

Ultima IV was pretty cool.

But that's about it.

Next thing you'll tell me is that SOE should invest in EQ3, the direct sequel to EQ, where as EQ2 will be renamed to EQwtfblackhole.
Losbullitt

Postby Kitsuna » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:42 pm

UO should have been called Anarchy Online. It was a lawless wild west with crossbows and halbreds, and I loved it. Fond memories of blowing people up with trapped boxes.

Played Ultima 8 and had nightmares trying to create the firey enchanty spell things.

I actually played Ultima 4 after 8, and really enjoyed it. Kind of nice to have a game with the entire premise being personal improvement.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -DoW
Kitsuna

Location: Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.

Postby Losbullitt » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:07 pm

UO was the shit.

I remember getting up early on Sundays to catch Chesapeake Bay reset and solo Cave of Despair (where all the earth elementals were, could be wrong about the name) and running out of the place with 10k+ in gold just to have money.
Losbullitt

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum