I hate - Everything you don't like about Final Fantasy

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Aldonza wrote:Honestly, I was always fond of Shiva. Her and Squall were tight.
<3 Shiva

Also
Quistis > All. I'd be a Trepie if such a thing wouldn't be so disgustingly sad IRL.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:30 pm

Oh man I forgot Crisis Core.

That was fun.

FFXI is fun if you cut out all the bullshit.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Aldonza » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:33 pm

My main team was Quistis, Squall and Zell. Since FF8 followed a similar path of FF7 and takes one of yor major party members away for a significant portion of the story.... :evil:

I stuck with the "shotgun" approach for the end game against the Sorceress. Although, I was very displeased to see Angelo resurrecting the lowbie characters. Stupid dog.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:37 pm

Stupid dog indeed.

Omega weapon battle, attempt #1. I'm all rushed and preparing to start summons so I don't die in the star attack.

Suddenly doggie runs in...and digs out "1 phoenix down"
LIKE, FFS! I HAD RECOVER AND RESSURRECT GFS ON SEPARATE TOONS FOR A REASON, YOU KNOW?
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Aldonza » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:40 pm

I do also remember threatening to throw my controller at the little TV I played on at the time when after the fourth defeat of the end boss... it went into yet another phase.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:44 pm

Ultimecia fight was... slow. It wasn't any hard tho. Omega Weapon was more annoying, because I kinda had to go through heaven and hell to reach him without using diablo's no encounter(i don't remember if it even worked there), and all three toons had to have Item available to ress each other, 2 of them with Leviathan and(siren?) so ress and restore would always be up. I think I had ONE hero too that I used on squall after one of the 9998 to everyone spells so he'd use his decent LB more often.

Also I hated the first few attempts at that fight
"Yay I survived the pillar!"
<level 5 death>
"...fuck"
-----------
"yay I survived the pillar and the Level ? death!"
<12k damage special>
"...fuck"

that repeated across a full weekend.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Aldonza » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:45 pm

I was weak and skipped out on the hard boss fight. I decided to just buy the toy instead as tribute to the fact that I was not going to have the patience to beat him.

GG, Omega Weapon, GG.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Junction: Status attack -> 100 Death
Put it on Irvine during the Balamb vs Galbadia gardens event and laugh at oneshotting the guards.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:13 pm

FF8 kills kittens.

FF9 is the shizzle.

Also 4 and 6 were the best.

Not counting Tactics, which was the best video game ever made, in a completely different league from the Final Fantasy series.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Vanifae » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Not counting Tactics, which was the best video game ever made, in a completely different league from the Final Fantasy series.

If it was possible for me to cry I would.

That was beautiful Sabin.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:22 pm

Vanifae wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Not counting Tactics, which was the best video game ever made, in a completely different league from the Final Fantasy series.

If it was possible for me to cry I would.

That was beautiful Sabin.

<3
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Losbullitt » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Kelaan wrote:I'm disliking FF2, at the moment. I mean, story is good, and it's not like it's HARD ... but maybe I am Doing It Wrong.

I'm doing crap like equip dual shields and have everyone nuke all the monsters with fire and whatnot to level offensive spells. I'm attacking my own party (YAY!) so that I can level up healing spells. I really hope that this isn't necessary to play it and Not Suck, hehe.... but I am compelled by Final Fantasy Perfectionism (FFP) to try to do it.

And of course, this means that I need to do it all over again when I buy them Lightning....

On the bright side, my little dudes and dudette are total badasses. :)

Trick on FF2 (PSP or otherwise). There is no conventional level grinding. Instead, you gain attributes for winning battles based on damage taken, damage caused, which spells you use, etc.

So, for hp, I fight lowbie enemies and hit myself to gain hp after fights. Usually when you're in the yellow or red will net you some gains. MP is just firing away your spells. Attack/strength is by the number of times you fight. I think crits help. You get the idea.

FF2 (psp) - Some of the quests are obscure as all hell. :o Wtf cave?
Losbullitt

Postby Losbullitt » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Vanifae wrote:Mass Effect is superior.

I enjoyed Mass Effect. I will rank ME as one of the best games of this decade.

The thing about each FF game is that there is finality (except for X) within each game. ME doesn't have that as it is stretched for another (reportedly) 2 games. So I want to see where the story goes, where it ends before I decide where I rank it in my all time favs. But good call on ME.
Losbullitt

Postby Losbullitt » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:26 pm

shade wrote:i hated the summoning in ff8 all the button tapping, then fucking up and havingto start again or send out a watered down POS monster.

the rest of the game was pretty awesome ff8 never gets any love.

come the squall/seifer battles were way better then cloud/sephiroth :D

The fights were realistic. I mean seriously, you're gonna omnislash a demigod and win? :shock:

FFIII - DS - That last dungeon is just fucking nuts. I'm in the mid 60s and getting pwned regularly.
Losbullitt

Postby Vanifae » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:36 pm

Losbullitt wrote:
Vanifae wrote:Mass Effect is superior.

I enjoyed Mass Effect. I will rank ME as one of the best games of this decade.

The thing about each FF game is that there is finality (except for X) within each game. ME doesn't have that as it is stretched for another (reportedly) 2 games. So I want to see where the story goes, where it ends before I decide where I rank it in my all time favs. But good call on ME.

I wish an FF game had one half the amount of choice that Mass Effect or really most American RPG's have.
Vanifae

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum