Remove Advertisements

Recommend (PC only) Games!

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Seipoc » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:28 am

Battlefield2 is a good one imo, if you like FPS, and it's only like, 10$ now lol
Thread killer
Seipoc

Postby Arnock » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:40 am

the old Stronghold games are pretty fun RTS games
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Invisusira » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:12 pm

BOOOLOOOOOOOOOOO
Invisusira

Postby Aarek » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:05 pm

Phase 1. Download Steam and make an account
Phase 2. Surf Steam Till you find a game that looks interesting
Phase 3. ?????
Phase 4. Profit

Steam is probably the best PC game distribution system ever. It has a lot of big name games on it, as well as a decent chunk of Indie games. There is a great installation system with it (ie. Once you buy a game its linked to your account and any PC you put steam on you can download and play from) and you don't even have to get dressed to by games.

Like everyone else, I will say if you like FPS at all, get Orange Box. Portal is epic even for those who don't normally play FPS games.

Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.
Aarek

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:27 pm

if you enjoy a good RTS

Warhammer Mark of Chaos
Io.Draco

Postby Papewaio » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:28 pm

I'm sick and tired of FPS games as a general concept, they get *dull dull dull* after a while.

This said: Get the orange box. Half Life 2 was well worth getting done with my aversion for FPSes, it's that good.

Albeit short, Portal in and of itself is worth the money you shell out for the box. Though based on a deceptively simple concept, it's the singular most inventive game I've played in a long long while, and the plot (if you want to call it that) is superb. There is a reason why the Companion Cube was named best sidekick of the year :). Oh, and make sure to play with sound and subtitles are to be considered -- you don't want to miss a single line GladOS says.
Papewaio

Postby Aalryn » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:21 pm

bioshock was one of the best fps I've ever played. Usually I don't like fps, but that one had me playing until the end.

Mass effect is a great game and is worth picking up.

If you haven't played the witcher yet, I'd recommend it. I couldn't put it down until I finished it, and they recently patched in more quests and updates to improve it.

Other than that I tend to stick with console games because if I turn on my pc I would normally end up in wow. Not a problem so much now that I sold my act, now it's ffxi that I've been wasting time on. There is no game series ever that can compare to a final fantasy story.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Omatre » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Sam & Max Seasons 1/2 are AWESOME, they're so much fun, and if you're older like me and remember all the old Space Quest, Kings Quest and Sam & Max original adventure/quest style games, you'll absolutely love them. You can buy them 1 episode @ a time ($8) or the entire season for like $35.
Also from the same company is the Homestar Runner: Strongbad cool games for awesome people, they're a wonderful way to enjoy some HSR and laugh while playing that same style game. Telltale Games really is an incredible developer, lots of fun in their games.

Its old, but its free:

The Suffering FPS/TPS (3rd person, first person changable by your choice). Its wicked ass freaky scary. Can get it off fileshack among other sites. Its paid for by advertising, but its a popup box in game about every 20-30 minutes, hardly so intrusive that it makes "free" sound like a ripoff. I had to stop playing it at one point it was so spooky drawing me into the game.

Anything HL2 based is fun, CS:S will give you months, nay, years of enjoyable play if you just mute all the jackasses online :)

Another free FPS is Combat Arms, this is more CS like in its nature, you earn $ in game to buy upgrades, its a MMO like grind, as you rank up, but its a ton of fun to just nade spam the crap outta a One Man Army game :)

Want some more old fun stuff, checkout http://www.gog.com its in beta right now, but the games are I think $5.99 and $9.99, cheap, DRM free, another viable "steam like" option.

www.pogo.com for some good browser on the go entertainment, lots of enjoyable games, free to play, membership gives ya more to play, don't worry you'll never win a Jackpot :) (which go as high as $5000 USD)

COD4 is also mind blowing, as all the COD games were/are. They're very immersive, the first player levels make ya squeel with pleasure they're so well done.

There's tons of games out there to play, I know, I been playing them all recently too, I stepped away from WoW till LK comes out, burned out raiding and then not raiding, so I put the tanking on hold, and I'm enjoying my time away.
Omatre

Postby Elennira » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:07 pm

system shock 2

that is all
Elennira

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:38 pm

Final Fantasy VII

Originally released on PS1, but has a PC version. I know this is the AA, but I'm being dead serious when I say this: It is my favorite game. It has the most brilliant story of any game I've ever played, the graphics were amazing at the time (but will be relaxed now), and it's still considered to be one of the best games. If you like RPGs, I can't recommend anything else.

You also get the added bonus of understanding various references to it elsewhere, which pop up occasionally. I play through the game a few times a year, just because it's really that excellent, and it's a lot of fun.

Also, if there were only one game that were "memorable," I think anyone who's played through it would agree... this is it.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Levantine » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:46 pm

Playstation emulator, imo. Final Fantasy 7 is memorable as. <3 OH HAY! There is a computer version, completely forgot about that.

Ummm, Seiken Densetsu 3 on the SNES, there are a fuckton of SNES emulators as well since I don't think that one was released in the US.
Levantine

Postby Invisusira » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Primal RAAAAGE
Invisusira

Postby roosevelt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:20 pm

I'm an RPG nerd. If you're into that sort of thing I loved Jade Empire, The Witcher, Knights of the Old Republic 1&2, pretty much everything BioWare has ever made.

When I'm not playing those or WoW, I usually go on WC3 and look for cool new custom maps and tower Ds.
roosevelt

Postby Storgon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:08 am

moduspwnens wrote:Final Fantasy VII

This. And just about any of the other Final Fantasy games (although they are not all available on PC).

roosevelt wrote:I'm an RPG nerd. If you're into that sort of thing I loved Jade Empire, The Witcher, Knights of the Old Republic 1&2, pretty much everything BioWare has ever made.

This too. I enjoyed all of those games quite a bit.

Also, it's kind of old now, but the Fallout series of games was some of my favorites as well. Actually they are really old (1997 and 1998, I believe), but I think they recently re-released it as a collection a few months back. Also looking forward to Fallout 3 next month.
Nogster- Lvl 80 Frost Death Knight - US Sentinels
Storgon

Postby degre » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:19 am

I'll speak limited to RTS/FPS as I don't enjoy much the rest.

Starcraft is still the best RTS ever on the market. Awesome campaign and best multiplayer ever.

Command and Conquer unfortunately fails at multiplayer, even though is good for fun lan parties and has awesome campaigns.

Total War is good fun if once in a while you dont mind leaving the macromanagement out of the way and focus on units only.

FPSwise I'd say Quake still rules the multiplayer scene, no matter how shiny other boxes could be, none gives me the adrenaline rush that Quake can give. Too bad Quake 3 has no single player and Quake 2 "might" need a new graphic :D

Serious Sam is the funniest FPS on the market. Don't remember having so much fun with anything else. Played co-op is the perfect choice for lan parties.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum