Remove Advertisements

Oh Politics....

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Oh Politics....

Postby Dorvan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:04 pm

Although somewhat overshadowed by the subsequent Repub VP pick, I think Barack put his speaking skills on display quite well at the convention, here's a video of it if you missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I0HNvTDH4

Other thoguhts on this and other things politics?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:17 pm

What does he mean when he says John McCain wouldn't follow Osama bin Laden to his own cave?

How can you (a Democrat) criticize Bush for higher unemployment, when you (the Democrats) are the ones that passed the higher minimum wage law?

Also, first, in a soon-to-be very long thread.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby anthony » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:21 pm

moduspwnens wrote:What does he mean when he says John McCain wouldn't follow Osama bin Laden to his own cave?

becuz its teh sensible thing to do... erm.....i think i need to make a quick exit from this thread as i know nuthin bout politics
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:25 pm

Barak is very good at performing speeches.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby roosevelt » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:44 pm

moduspwnens wrote:What does he mean when he says John McCain wouldn't follow Osama bin Laden to his own cave?

How can you (a Democrat) criticize Bush for higher unemployment, when you (the Democrats) are the ones that passed the higher minimum wage law?

Also, first, in a soon-to-be very long thread.

He means its a great applause line to claim you will follow him to the gates of hell, but John won't go into Pakistan to get him. Sure we can invade Iraq because they are "evil" and harbor terrorists, but when it comes to Pakistan we have to give them tons of money to get Bin Laden and trust them not to waste it.

Minimum wage increased linked to unemployment? In order for people to keep buying shit they have to have enough money to survive. We're kind of in a recession and wasting money on shit like unnecessary wars that sparked the rise in oil and food prices. The economy was going down hill well before the dems took congress and passed minimum wage increases.
roosevelt

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:12 pm

roosevelt wrote:He means its a great applause line to claim you will follow him to the gates of hell, but John won't go into Pakistan to get him. Sure we can invade Iraq because they are "evil" and harbor terrorists, but when it comes to Pakistan we have to give them tons of money to get Bin Laden and trust them not to waste it.

Did John McCain say he wouldn't go into Pakistan to get him? I must have missed it.

roosevelt wrote:Minimum wage increased linked to unemployment? In order for people to keep buying shit they have to have enough money to survive. We're kind of in a recession and wasting money on shit like unnecessary wars that sparked the rise in oil and food prices. The economy was going down hill well before the dems took congress and passed minimum wage increases.

That's a whole lot of spin. Everything but the first and last sentence isn't relevant to what I said. What I'm saying is that it seems silly to pass a law that, by nature, raises unemployment, and then at the same time, blame it on Bush. You can try to argue whatever other part of the economy is Bush's fault, but it seems silly to criticize him on unemployment.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Invisusira » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:36 pm

I played against a guy who had made this huge muscley black guy as his Soul Calibur character with the name "Obama." His face looked just like it too.

Also, fox news lol
Invisusira

Postby guillex » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:40 pm

I thought that Osama had died.

In any case, if none of your candidates are talking about ending the war quickly, then they're just picking up the shit that the Bush administration messed up with. Both McCain and Obama have probably been approached by the Carlyle Group and told what's what.

Then again, I really really liked Zeitgeist: The Movie. So sue me. :)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Kitsuna » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Invisusira wrote:Also, fox news lol

Meh, they are no more biased to the right than the others are to the left. Unless you know of some previously undisclosed impartial news source.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -DoW
Kitsuna

Location: Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.

Postby Levantine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:56 pm

Ya mum.
Levantine

Postby Tradyk » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Kitsuna wrote:

Meh, they are no more biased to the right than the others are to the left. Unless you know of some previously undisclosed impartial news source.

BBC World - try watching it sometime, surpisingly unbiased.
Tradyk

Postby Invisusira » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:12 pm

Kitsuna wrote:

Joking, I assume. Unless things have drastically changed since last time I watched a news network, noone even comes close to the amount of bias Fox puts on that channel.
Invisusira

Postby PsiVen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:13 pm

Sanity is often mistaken for leaning to the left, it appears.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Kitsuna » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:17 pm

Invisusira wrote:Joking, I assume. Unless things have drastically changed since last time I watched a news network, noone even comes close to the amount of bias Fox puts on that channel.

Yes and no. Just suggesting that people turn a surprisingly blind eye when the bias is in their favor. When someone spins it the way opposite you believe, it is bias. When they spin it in your direction, they are just "making sense." Savvy?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -DoW
Kitsuna

Location: Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.

Postby Levantine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:39 pm

PsiVen wrote:Sanity is often mistaken for leaning to the left, it appears.

ONOEZ! NOT THE LEFT!
Levantine

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum