Remove Advertisements

Twidle your thumbs here!

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby mazater » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:06 am

mazater

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:07 am

Nothing left through my nose that day.

What impressed me the most was that the doc actually realized there's no point in removing the cast since it has to be done anyway, and just stuck it there till he was done.

Must not have been a pretty wash.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:17 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Nothing left through my nose that day.

What impressed me the most was that the doc actually realized there's no point in removing the cast since it has to be done anyway, and just stuck it there till he was done.

Must not have been a pretty wash.

I'm sure you've been his favourite patient:)
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:22 am

Well, He's still my dentist.Been 13 years.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:32 am

Chiv get ur butt to the flame thread!!! also skeet skeet :)
Lightbeard

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:33 am

SKEET SKEET SKEET!
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:35 am

Gatveeds italian accent makes me melt like chocolate under a fat laides armpits
Lightbeard

Postby Adryl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 am

I'm at work yet I am still bored. At least I miss the maintenance so I guess I can't complain.
Adryl

Postby Fivelives » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:56 am

My dentist overdosed me on lydocaine, then had a catastrophic failure on the nitrous mixer. Ran out of oxygen and the automatic killswitch failed (x2, those have a backup).

Total freak accident, couldn't be repeated in a million years, but both lydocaine overdose and nitrous oxide overdose cancel each other out, so you just quietly go into respiratory arrest and die. One or the other will send you into convulsions first, but I guess if both occur simultaneously there's no dead-fish-flopping.

Since there was absolutely nothing he could have done about it, I'm still his patient. But then, he gives me awesome discounts now and gave me a brand new set of veneers as a "sorry I killed you" gift. I just make sure that anything more major than just a cleaning or checkup is done in an outpatient surgery clinic with a general anesthetic and crash cart nearby, lol.
Fivelives

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:19 am

Fivelives wrote:My dentist overdosed me on lydocaine, then had a catastrophic failure on the nitrous mixer. Ran out of oxygen and the automatic killswitch failed (x2, those have a backup).

Total freak accident, couldn't be repeated in a million years, but both lydocaine overdose and nitrous oxide overdose cancel each other out, so you just quietly go into respiratory arrest and die. One or the other will send you into convulsions first, but I guess if both occur simultaneously there's no dead-fish-flopping.

Since there was absolutely nothing he could have done about it, I'm still his patient. But then, he gives me awesome discounts now and gave me a brand new set of veneers as a "sorry I killed you" gift. I just make sure that anything more major than just a cleaning or checkup is done in an outpatient surgery clinic with a general anesthetic and crash cart nearby, lol.
Now I know why you're called "Five lives"
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:28 am

"Sorry I killed you"!

ROFLMFAO!!!

Epic
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Fivelives » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:41 am

Well, I wasn't planning on suing him anyway, and I got $25k worth of dental work for free out of the deal. Besides, I was only dead for 22 minutes, and I'm still not potted (quite yet, anyway!) so I think I came out well ahead.
Fivelives

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:44 am

God bless whoever gave you cardiac massages, because 22 minutes of death is a helluva long time.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Khisvir » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:53 am

Fivelives wrote:Well, I wasn't planning on suing him anyway, and I got $25k worth of dental work for free out of the deal. Besides, I was only dead for 22 minutes, and I'm still not potted (quite yet, anyway!) so I think I came out well ahead.

So did you talk to the Spirit Healer and get rez sickness, or did the Dentist have a druid handy for a battle rez?
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Khisvir

Postby Fivelives » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:02 pm

22 minutes isn't that long, assuming you have access to the right equipment and meds. It took less time for my heart to restart than it did to regain consciousness, but they won't call it a successful resuscitation until you're out of danger. The current record for a non-hypothermia case is up to 99 minutes now for a patient in a hospital. I live in the heart of the desert, so hypothermia here is more of a good dream than anything... in the last 27 years, it's not dropped below 50 degrees outside but maybe once or twice.

I was pretty lucky though, because there's a UMC 2 buildings down from the dentist's office and the fire department is about 2 blocks away from the medical center.
Fivelives

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum